Start by marking “Pimento Cheese: The Cookbook: 50 Recipes from Snacks to Main Dishes Inspired by the Classic Southern Favorite” as Want to Read:

~A 2015 SIBA Book Award Finalist!~

No party, picnic, or tailgate is complete without the southern favorite that is taking the north by storm--pimento cheese. Now, the creator of popular blog The Runaway Spoon has written the definitive work on the joys of making and cooking with pimento cheese--and not just the kind you spread on crackers. You'll find recipes for spicing up
Published September 9th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Pimento Cheese, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pimento Cheese

Amber
Sep 12, 2014 Amber rated it really liked it
I won this in a First Reads giveaway and am thus far pleasantly surprised. Being firmly Midwestern and not at all Southern, I've never encountered pimento cheese. The pictures are well done and the recipes are clear and easy to follow. So far we've only made one recipe--the green beans. Even the green bean haters among us tried them. "I don't like green beans, but these aren't disgusting." While originally hesitant, I think we'll be looking forward to more pimento cheese recipes at upcoming fami ...more
Kathryn
Aug 17, 2014 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
What a fun cookbook! The recipes contain easy to find ingredients and they are easy to follow directions. Through the book are snippets of history or fun information about where that recipe came from. Was fun to read through.
Stephanie
Aug 14, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Won this in a Goodreads giveaway! It's a really fun cookbook. I can't wait to try some of the recipes!
Alicia
Aug 14, 2014 Alicia rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book and it came today. After going through it I am quite excited to try many of the awesome recipes that are listed throughout! :)
Lauriea
Aug 12, 2014 Lauriea rated it it was amazing
YAY!! Just received first-reads copy. I love it!
Sarah Covington
Aug 14, 2014 Sarah Covington rated it liked it
Shelves: first-read
This cookbook is filled with tons of recipes with ways in which to use Pimento cheese. While some, like macaroni and cheese, were expected, there were a number of recipes, such as savory cheesecake, which were quite surprising. As a lover of paprika and its many uses, I look forward to try some of these recipes to add new flavors to my everyday meals. I also look forward to attempting to making pimento cheese for myself!
Denise
Aug 14, 2014 Denise rated it liked it
Piemento cheese....who would have thought?? Love the little tips and personal insight into this book. I always like to know where the ideas and history of something comes from. And for this to be a part of the culture of an area and time, and something so common is wonderful! Can't wait to try out the recipes. Sounds like really good comfort food for the upcoming winter.
Jessica
Dec 26, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks-2014
I love pimento cheese and when I found out how easy it is to make from scratch I started making it all the time. This book talks about various versions of pimento cheese and even the history of pimento peppers. Then there are lots of recipes inspired by pimento cheese and quite a few I'd like to try to make. This is a must read for any Southern food and pimento cheese fans!
Kim
Aug 11, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kim by: goodreads
received in the mail just a few minutes ago. some of the recipes sounds really good. if you see this cookbook out and you like pimento cheese this is the cookbook for you.
Tiffyt86
Tiffyt86 rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Leah
Leah rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Lily
Lily rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Casey
Casey rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Sondra
Sondra rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2015
Amy Pepke
Amy Pepke rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2014
Lonsdale Koester
Lonsdale Koester rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2014
Analiese
Analiese rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2017
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Betty
Betty rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2015
Marcella
Marcella rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2014
Kelsey Robertson
Kelsey Robertson rated it it was ok
Oct 09, 2014
Janet Arroyo
Janet Arroyo rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Kevin
Kevin rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2015
DP Lyle
DP Lyle rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Lindsay Fouts
Lindsay Fouts rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2014
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Amanda Freeman
Amanda Freeman marked it as to-read
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Lynn Grier
Lynn Grier marked it as to-read
Roxanne
Roxanne marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Rachella Baker
Rachella Baker marked it as to-read
Britni Spontelli
Britni Spontelli marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Michael Shea
Michael Shea marked it as to-read
Debbie Carnes
Debbie Carnes marked it as to-read
Stephanie Strausberger
Stephanie Strausberger marked it as to-read
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Anne Gooch
Anne Gooch marked it as to-read
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Joy Adams
Joy Adams marked it as to-read
Melanie Moreau
Melanie Moreau marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Beth Owens
Beth Owens marked it as to-read
Charlie
Charlie marked it as to-read
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
  • Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving
  • Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off Meals Straight from the Oven
  • Mark Bittman's Kitchen Matrix: More Than 700 Simple Recipes and Techniques to Mix and Match for Endless Possibilities
  • The Forest Feast: Simple Vegetarian Recipes from My Cabin in the Woods
  • The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook: Over 100 Recipes for any Program Level
  • For You Mom, Finally
  • The Southern Vegetarian Cookbook: 100 Down-Home Recipes for the Modern Table
  • The Memory of Love
  • My Mother's Ring: A Holocaust Historical Novel
  • Tiger Tiger
  • Butter Baked Goods: Nostalgic Recipes from a Little Neighborhood Bakery
  • Beck Diet Solution Weight Loss Workbook: The 6-week Plan to Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person
  • Living Paleo for Dummies
  • The Encyclopedia of Cajun & Creole Cuisine
  • The All New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook: Over 1,250 of Our Best Recipes
  • Death on the Barrens: A True Story of Courage and Tragedy in the Canadian Arctic
  • Nobody Home: A Memoir