Start by marking “Louise Penny Boxed Set (1-3): Still Life, A Fatal Grace, The Cruelest Month” as Want to Read:
Louise Penny Boxed Set (1-3): Still Life,  A Fatal Grace, The Cruelest Month

Louise Penny Boxed Set (1-3): Still Life, A Fatal Grace, The Cruelest Month

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  334 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Chief Inspector Armand Gamache of the Sûreté du Québec digs beneath the idyllic surface of village life in Three Pines, finding long buried secrets—and facing a fewenemies of his own. With nine books in the series and more to come, this boxed set of the first three books—Still Life, A Fatal Grace, and The Cruelest Month—introduces not only the engaging series hero Inspecto ...more
Published August 26th 2014 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Louise Penny Boxed Set (1-3), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Louise Penny Boxed Set (1-3)

Jessie
This is my third Louise Penny book and I really like them. The plots are intrigue and tightly woven. I never can guess the murderer before the end of the book. I also have a lot of guesses, and it's fun to keep wondering. I'm sure that I will read more books by this author-- a very good read. **stop here for spoilers*** Armond Gamache is once again investigating a murder. He uses people on his team that others reject, misfits. He learns that he should accept himself, and finally he does give awa ...more
Jeff Keener
I just read the three books in the last month and they are some of the best mysteries I have ever read. I loved the character development and the book comes alive in you mind because the description of locals and people are so good. I fell in love with Three Pines!
Linda
I just finished Still Life,A Fatal Grace and The Cruelest Month and am totally hooked. I love the writing style of Louise Penny and the magical Three Pine setting for her village mysteries. But they are so much more. There are of course the quirky characters that inhabit the village, the requisite murders and Chief Inspector Armand Gamache who solves them with his equally quirky team "You must listen and watch"as you sip cognac by the fire in the bistro after a satisfying meal.(The food sounds ...more
Jan Trzeciak
Loved all 3 of these!
Adrienne B
I love love love Louise Penny books and Inspector Gamache. If you are looking for a new series to start Still Life is a wonderful place to start. Still Life begins the series of Canadian detective novels whose hero is Chief Inspector Gamache with his sidekick Jean-Guy Beauvoir. The series is mostly set in the small Quebec village of Three Pines where lives weave together and there is more than enough murder to be uncovered.
Electra
Louise Penny's style of mystery writing is very reminiscent of Agatha Christie. She focuses more on the psychology of a murderer rather than the act itself. Her characters are well developed and I became invested in them. Overall, I enjoyed her books and her insights into the human spirit.
Bridgit Strachan
I've loved all of her books. She is a beautiful writer and her characters are quirky and eccentric with a bit of "normal" thrown in... They come alive. By the time I finished her second one I felt like I was leaving good friends. Be sure to read them in sequence.
Linda Flatley
I love these Inspector Gamache mysteries. Set in Montreal, Quebec, they are interesting. She does such a good job with character development.
Janet Whitworth
Loved it, love all her books! They are incredibly well written and I can't wait to read more.
Carroll O
Great story, and the food!!! The food!!! I had to google recipes and make it myself!
Sandy Emler
Really enjoyed this series and am finding it hard to pick up other books at the moment.
Barbara
A somewhat spooky read, but enjoyable.
Pat Colpitts
I liked it. A solid read.
Diane Shafter
Love this series!!!
Betsy
Betsy added it
May 01, 2015
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Staci
Staci added it
Apr 22, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Mary Chatoney
Mary Chatoney marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Mksalsich
Mksalsich marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Allyson
Allyson marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
  • Mrs. Pargeter's Plot (Mrs Pargeter, #5)
  • A Man With No Time (Simeon Grist Mystery, #5)
  • Laundered
  • Women at Church: Magnifying LDS Women’s Local Impact
  • Going Nowhere Fast (Joe & Dottie Loudermilk, #1)
  • The Gourmet Detective (Gourmet Detective Mystery, Book 1)
  • Bound on Earth
  • The Black Angel
  • A Dish Taken Cold
  • Devil's Food (A Loretta Kovacs Thriller, #1)
  • Temporary Sanity (Marty Nickerson, #2)
  • The Disappearance of Mr. James Phillimore
  • Trick of the Eye
  • The Good Husband
  • Farewell, My Deuce (The Reed Ferguson Mystery Series)
194243
Many of Louise Penny's books are published under different titles by UK/Canada and US publishers.
She lives with her husband, Michael, and a golden retriever named Trudy, in a small village south of Montreal.

Her first Armand Gamache novel, "Still Life" won the New Blood Dagger, Arthur Ellis, Barry, Anthony and Dilys Awards.

Awards:
* Agatha Award: Best Novel
o 2007 – A Fatal Grace – Winner
o 2008 –
More about Louise Penny...
Still Life (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #1) A Fatal Grace (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #2) Bury Your Dead (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #6) How the Light Gets In (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #9) A Rule Against Murder (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #4)