Start by marking “Eye Killers: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Eye Killers: A Novel

Eye Killers: A Novel

3.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  61 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Lurking in the caves of eastern New Mexico, Falke, a thousand-year-old vampire, chooses his next bride: Melissa Roanhorse, an Albuquerque teenager. To regain his granddaughter’s life, Michael Roanhorse, an old Navajo sheepherder wise to the power of myth, must outwit the vampire and his loyal coven. So begins A.A. Carr’s Eye Killers, a novel that combines the Eastern Europ ...more
Published April 15th 1996 by University of Oklahoma Press (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Eye Killers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eye Killers

Adam Woolsey
Nov 13, 2013 Adam Woolsey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: eng408
Eye Killers presents the overwhelmingly prevalent theme of European colonialism versus Native American culture in a way that vividly expressed and fully encapsulates the conflict. In the novel the European’s are portrayed as Vampires that have risen from a long slumber only to reappear in modern-day Albuquerque. They are gravely disconnected with their surroundings and unfamiliar with contemporary society.
The story centers on Falke, the leader of the vampire tribe. Upon awakening from a century
Abby Starkel
This book was pretty interesting. I liked reading it because it kept my attention fairly well, and displayed great detail in the story. It didn't leave me confused or lost.
Ashley Rees
Mar 25, 2011 Ashley Rees rated it really liked it
I had to read this book for a class that has been filled with less than impressive books so far, so I really wasn't expecting much. I was actually really surprised about how good this book actually was.

Besides being a great mystery, filled with action and suspense, creating a thrilling page turner, it was also really beautiful. There is a love story (always a plus) an beautiful descriptions of scenery and placement.

Definitely well worth the time.
Myles Sudbeck
Nov 01, 2012 Myles Sudbeck rated it really liked it
Miss
Sep 21, 2012 Miss rated it liked it
Sooooo. Vampires. I read this for my American Gothic class, I have to admit I was hoping for something a little more interesting for the first read. :/ Something about the style was alienating, I can't think of anything I objectively disliked about the characters or premise. I just couldn't work up any interest reading it. 3 stars
Jessica
Dec 03, 2012 Jessica rated it it was ok
It only took me a week to read this but it felt like so much longer. I just couldn't engage with it on any level, but I don't think it's terrible. I can't deal with vampires in literature, apparently.
Emily
Feb 02, 2009 Emily rated it really liked it
This book combined elements of Native American culture and vampires with amazing ease. It was a little confusing at parts but overall a good read.
Lois Knezek
Jun 27, 2011 Lois Knezek rated it it was amazing
Very interesting blend of vampire lore with Native American traditions.
M
M rated it did not like it
Apr 04, 2016
Elizabeth Willis
Elizabeth Willis rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Billy R. Jones
Billy R. Jones is currently reading it
Apr 03, 2016
Meghan Crandall
Meghan Crandall rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Travleigh
Travleigh marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Lily
Lily rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Nick marcus
Nick marcus rated it it was ok
Oct 24, 2015
Yessy Onac
Yessy Onac rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Jamie
Jamie added it
Oct 11, 2015
Karra
Karra rated it did not like it
May 24, 2015
Muriel
Muriel rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2015
Nathaniel
Nathaniel marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Gina
Gina rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2015
Alexandra Malloy
Alexandra Malloy rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
Darrell Peters
Darrell Peters rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2014
Ahmednour86hotmail.fr
Ahmednour86hotmail.fr marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Chequila Cunningham
Chequila Cunningham marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014