Start by marking “Crimson Mistress (Rehab for Superheroes)” as Want to Read:
Crimson Mistress (Rehab for Superheroes)

Crimson Mistress (Rehab For Superheroes #1)

Having long ago abandoned her true identity and the idea of a normal life, Clementine has finally embraced her self appointed duty of protecting the city as the Crimson Mistress. But when Michael, a villain she put behind bars, escapes and puts a bounty on her head, she's forced into hiding.

As her fear that her powers might be killing her begins to rise, Clementine faces
Published July 21st 2012 by Hollow Hallow Bindings

To ask other readers questions about Crimson Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crimson Mistress

Christina McMullen
Feb 22, 2015 Christina McMullen rated it really liked it
Of the books in the Rehab for Superheroes series, the first is the shortest by a stretch. It introduces the concept of superheroes and where their powers come from. It also introduces the idea that these powers may be more harmful, both to the individual and society, than helpful. While this was a short read, the concept was intriguing and the story was well written, so I continued on and would recommend that anyone who finds this tale do the same.
Nathan Wall
Dec 02, 2015 Nathan Wall rated it liked it
This book was part of the "Preview Review" for my Holiday Give Back Book Blast.

"Crimson Mistress" is a refreshing take on the superhero trend. It's a plausible story in a genre that doesn't really require it, and this is both a boon and a hindrance to the story. The villain is entertaining, engaging and drives the story, yet the lack of anything super happening in terms of fighting, action or powers was a let down.

I'm hoping the villain becomes the main thread for each section of the story. The
M. Ray Holloway Jr.
Feb 02, 2016 M. Ray Holloway Jr. rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting read about a super heroine whose powers seem to be turning against her and the less than reputable individual who wants to tap into those abilities for his own nefarious purposes. It reads very well, and the characters are notably vivid through the text. Each is believable and makes the tale memorable. Though short, as others have indicated, it is the setup for a series that currently has three other books on the same theme. A warning: close to the end, the story got a ...more
Graham Garrity
Feb 04, 2015 Graham Garrity rated it it was amazing
Good things come in small packages, and so it is with this book. It is the first in a series of short stories involving a number of superheroes. Book one, as the title suggests introduces the reader to the Crimson Mistress who, besides being a superhero, has problems of her own. Without wishing to give anything away concerning plot and character development, what impressed me about this book is the way in which the author feeds the reader tantalising snippets of information then moves on; ...more
David Caldwell
Feb 21, 2015 David Caldwell rated it really liked it
I saw a line once that went something like ' when you run out of friends, you can always rely on your enemy'. Basically, it means that you develop relationships with those you know, including those that work against you. So when that relationship suddenly changes, you former enemy just might be the person to help you.

That is what the Crimson Mistress has to consider as her powers start to work against her. But will he last and only hope prove to be a false one?

This is a nice twist on the traditi
Riley Amos Westbrook
The start for the Rehab for Superheroes series first book is short, simple, and yet fully engaging. The only real issue I had with it was length, because it left me wanting more. Oh wait, there's two more in the series, check them out! Jack followed by Em
G.G.
Jan 09, 2015 G.G. rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-o
(I thought I had reviewed this one back when I read it but it seems I didn't.)
I've read Crimson Mistress after its sequel Jack. It didn't pull me in as much as Jack had. I may have expected too much, or maybe because as opposed to Jack, this one has a female protagonist. (I confess I prefer male.)

Now if only all the flash stories were put together and form a full novel, now that would be great!
Lilly
Jul 16, 2015 Lilly rated it really liked it
There is a lovely writing style to this book, yet there is just not enough of it. I feel like I only got half the story, but maybe that's the ploy of the author? To drag you in and get you hooked. This book feels like the teaser for something bigger, and I liked it enough that I will be disappointed if the bigger picture doesn't turn up in the rest of the superhero shorts in my kindle library!
Michael
Mar 09, 2015 Michael rated it it was amazing
An engaging read. Really enjoyable and captivating. Good story concept. There is not a lot of 'world building' but this is normal for a short story. I really wish there was more to this book. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Dwayne Fry
Feb 10, 2015 Dwayne Fry rated it really liked it
Well written and well developed character. The only real downside is I didn't feel any real closure at the end. I realize it's part of a series, but instead of standing alone as a story, it works as a bit of an introduction to the rest of the series. Otherwise, I enjoyed it.
Joselyn  Moreno Burke
Oct 25, 2015 Joselyn Moreno Burke rated it it was amazing
I loved it, I hope this mini read will evolve into a series because its awesome I want to know more about Quinn and Michael, for some reason im shipping them hahahaha.

super recommended for a lite read
Denae Christine
May 02, 2016 Denae Christine rated it liked it
Dark

Reader thoughts: If you want a typical superhero story, this one isn't for you. It you want something new and interesting, it might be for you .
Crimson Mistress jumps immediately into story without filling in much background. Apparently artifacts ( like a medallion?) infect people and give them superpowers, but they also slowly kill the wearer.
Quinn is one of those, and Michael promises to help. Yet, Michael lies.
Actually, this story was very hopeless and dark. Quinn spent time homeless and
Vibha Hegde
Dec 25, 2015 Vibha Hegde rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read from this author and I really liked the concept of Where Do Superheroes Go? That's why I picked this up for my Christmas read.

This amazing story starts of as first episode rather than the first book. It's about Crimson Mistress, The savior of mankind who unfortunately is in a small problem. She is going out of control and she is hurting all over and a creepy Michel is hunting her down. He even has put a bounty on her head! So what happens? Will the savior need
M.F. Moonzajer
Jan 21, 2016 M.F. Moonzajer rated it liked it
Crimson Mistress is a super hero novel –esh kind. A story of keeping justice in the city and rule of law.
“Her hair had turned completely white, and she was covered from head to toe in sand and dirt. While she knew that she should feel lucky that the authorities hadn’t picked her up, she couldn’t stop the tears from falling.”

Crimson Mistress is a short novel, almost 15 pages. It is written for teenagers. It is a beautiful story over all. Since, the story is very short, the author could have used
J. Daniel Layfield
Oct 30, 2015 J. Daniel Layfield rated it really liked it
This is the second book I've read in the world of Rehab for Superheroes (yes, I know this is the first one in the series) and I'm really digging what the author is building here. This was a good origins story, building the foundation of a character you'll see reappear in another of the stories. Some of the ideas explored here were, I thought, original and thought-provoking. My only complaint is that I wish it had been a bit longer, with just a few more details in a couple of places. I'm ...more
B.B. Wynter
Feb 08, 2016 B.B. Wynter rated it it was amazing
I really love the name of this book. This was an exciting introduction to a unique series. I want to read more of Michael, ready book two!
Kayla Howarth
Kayla Howarth rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2015
S Robert
S Robert rated it it was ok
Apr 25, 2016
Tony
Tony rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2014
Susan Stafford
Susan Stafford rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2015
Paul Rega
Paul Rega rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2014
miss kelly drummond
miss kelly drummond rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Krys Demboski
Krys Demboski rated it did not like it
Jul 26, 2014
Anna Heidick
Anna Heidick rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2014
H.A. Titus
H.A. Titus rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2014
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Gina
Gina rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2015
Joed Jackson
Joed Jackson rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Tony
Tony marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Heather Bell
Heather Bell marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Sharmishtha Basu
Sharmishtha Basu marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Fleur Tamargo
Fleur Tamargo marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
B.L. Blair
B.L. Blair marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Jaq
Jaq marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Ida
Ida marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Charles Hash
Charles Hash marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Katherine Dell
Katherine Dell marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Susan Stafford
Susan Stafford marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Winter
Winter marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Jason Wilson
Jason Wilson marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Lucas
Lucas is currently reading it
Jul 03, 2015
Sean
Sean marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Grey Liliy
Grey Liliy marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
I was the girl who got in trouble for sneaking flashlights and notebooks into my room in case of late night inspirations. My teachers caught me writing down ideas instead of class notes while in school and college.

I was the out of place teenager with ink stained hands and a mind that was always a million miles away. I was and still am the girl who has a plethora of generic responses for when some
More about Ann Livi Andrews...

Rehab For Superheroes (4 books)
  • Jack (Rehab For Superheroes, #2)
  • Em (Rehab for Superheroes, #3)
  • Dakota (Rehab for Superheroes #4)