Start by marking “Frog And Toad Book Set: Frog And Toad Are Friends; Frog And Toad Together; Days With Frog And Toad; Frog And Toad All Year (Frog and Toad #1-4)” as Want to Read:
Frog And Toad Book Set: Frog And Toad Are Friends; Frog And Toad Together; Days With Frog And Toad; Frog And Toad All Year  (Frog and Toad #1-4)

4.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  650 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
Frog and Toad, those famous pals, are beloved by generations of children. Their every adventure is filled with the magic of true friendship, whether they're telling ghost stories, searching for a lost button, or eating too many cookies. This captivating audio collection features all four of the Frog and Toad books, read with humor and charm by award-winning author Arnold L ...more
Published (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Frog And Toad Book Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frog And Toad Book Set

An Elephant Is On My House by Othen Donald Dale CummingsThe Wolves in the Walls by Neil GaimanBecause of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamilloJames and the Giant Peach by Roald DahlHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Best Audiobooks for Kids
7th out of 98 books — 45 voters
Owl at Home by Arnold LobelThe Frog and Toad Treasury by Arnold LobelThe Comic Adventures of Old Mother Hubbard and Her Dog by Arnold LobelGiant John by Arnold LobelThe Ice-Cream Cone Coot and Other Rare Birds by Arnold Lobel
Best of Arnold Lobel
20th out of 100 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Jaguar
Jul 22, 2015 Jaguar rated it it was amazing
~I have written a review for each book (#1-4) in the Frog and Toad Series. They are all below.

Frog and Toad #1-
“Frog and Toad are Friends (Frog and Toad #1)” by Arnold Lobel features 5 short stories (“Spring”, “The Story”, “A Lost Button”, “A Swim”, and “The Letter”) about two characters named Frog and Toad. Frog and Toad are wonderful characters and it’s so much fun to listen to their adventures. In this book they write letters, go swimming, tell stories, find lost buttons, and more. My favorit
Lonnie Martin Jr.
I loved reading Frog and Toad as a child. Frog and Toad should be featured in every child’s collection of books. The books cover the adventures of these two best friends whose friendship is often tested but never broken, and sometime made stronger. They somewhat remind me of the two old men you see who been through it all together.

The illustrations are nice. They’re not very vibrant but it goes well with Frog and Toad's adventures. I did notice some pages you can't tell if they're happy, sad, u
Jane
Apr 30, 2013 Jane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-over-over
With James Marshall's George and Martha, Frog and Toad are the greatest of best friend duos in modern children's books. Not to be missed.
Brad
Aug 23, 2015 Brad rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
From the first story in this series ("Spring"), the idea that it is a totally innocent book is dispelled. It paints a picture of Toad, a bumbling and possibly clinically depressed character, being outwitted by his friend Frog. Perhaps the most complete story in the series, this introduction is also my favorite of the Frog and Toad stories. Certainly there is sepia-toned Walton-family wholesomeness within the twenty stories that comprise the twenty stories in this series--the best of these is Boo ...more
Shanna Gonzalez
Jan 28, 2010 Shanna Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-04-08
Frog and Toad are two friends whose similar appearance belies their distinctive personalities. Toad is impulsive and emotional, and Frog easygoing and rational. The two of them get into a number of scrapes and adventures together, most of which hinge on their unique character traits. Lobel's brief, easy-reader chapters spin out complex, suspenseful plots in a way that looks effortless but is quite rare. Embedded in the stories are subtle moral implications relating to character qualities such as ...more
Lv2readB
Jul 19, 2009 Lv2readB rated it it was amazing
Katie Kenig
Feb 16, 2015 Katie Kenig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
We listened to these wonderful stories with our boys - ages 6 and 7 - during trips in and out of the city recently. The whole family absolutely adored it! These are fun, and I think my husband and I enjoyed them as much as our kids. The stories are short, enough to keep the kids' attention, and to make them ask for more. They aren't overly moralistic but have a lot to say about the power of friendship when taken as a whole.
Alyssa Birnbaum
Frog and Toad is one of those books I remember very much from my childhood reading collection. When reading it again now as a college student, I found it even more interesting. I think this book is a great one for children to read based on friendship. The two toads go through so much together and their friendship just keeps getting stronger. The cover's illustrations are a great example of how adventurous this book is as well.
Stephanie
Aug 10, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
This a beloved collection of Frog and Toad read by the Author himself. My son can't listen enough. He is constantly asking to listen to these stories. He never seems to tire of them. They are as fun to listen to the first time as they are the 17th time.
Wa Conner
Aug 22, 2009 Wa Conner rated it it was amazing
This book was great. Arnold Lobel has such a wonderful whimsical grip of the English language in this writing that it rolls rhythmically off of the tongue so effortlessly. I highly recommend it because it is fun even if you are not a juvenile reader. :)

My first exposure to this book, believe or not, was when I went entered university in 1992. The lead singer of the band I had created in college, Wymsikal Triod, challenged me to write a song that involved this classic children's story. For more a
Maris
Feb 22, 2016 Maris rated it it was amazing
How could you not like Frog and Toad???
Again, stories read to me by my mother when I was a wee one. Life lessons learned in a gentle manner...
Jenny
Dec 13, 2014 Jenny rated it it was amazing
These are so delightful! I love the humor and silliness of these stories. Frog and Toad is definitely one of my favorite children's books!
Chris Stewart
Jul 19, 2015 Chris Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My oldest son's favorite stories! Frog and Toad have become my friends after reading all their adventures.
This series does a good job teaching about friendship.
Hannah
Oct 12, 2015 Hannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listened to this with Gabe through the library Overdrive app--what a blast from the past! I loved hearing the Frog and Toad stories that I used to read, and Gabe keeps asking to listen to them again.
Allison Wehmueller
Some of my all-time favorite children's stories.
Carolyn
Jun 27, 2011 Carolyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Carolyn by: Joy Marlo
Shelves: for-toddlers, audio
We've been listening to these stories in the car (on CDs from the library). The author does a good job reading them, with a pleasant score to accompany him. Sweet stories, each with some sort of cute twist. Nothing objectionable. And Noah asks for them every time we get in the van.

Note: At 3.5, Noah probably doesn't get the clever aspect of the stories, but he certainly understands the stories themselves and I don't have to explain them.
Brandice
May 31, 2015 Brandice rated it really liked it
I remember loving these books when I was younger & learning how to read :)
Debbie Mattson
Mar 10, 2011 Debbie Mattson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Michael just loves these books and so do I. Each book has five short stories in them that are geared for 2nd grade readers. The stories aren't too long which is nice for when the child is trying to read the story on their own. They are also pretty entertaining since each story has it's own little plot. Now I just have to teach Michael how to read.
Kelly
Aug 04, 2010 Kelly rated it it was amazing
As bed time reading with my son. Very good illustrations and the story line is very good. I have read the stories to him since before he could talk. It always kept his attention. Reading a book over and over again, and after all this time, not minding it, says something about its writing.
Vanda
May 12, 2008 Vanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: kidsbooks
We have the whole set and even though Asher is nowhere near reading himself, he loves these books! Our copies are seriously worn out and I know every word to them. Once he's ready to learn to read himself, these will be pretty easy for him. His father also loved these book when he was little.
Eric
Sep 17, 2008 Eric rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: children of all ages
Frog and Toad were my favorite when I was little. Some kids read Winnie the Pooh or Beatrix Potter but I was always a fan of Arnold Lobel's series. I think this series is what taught me the value of friendship and why I find it so important now.
Lori (Lara Britt) Sailiata
I read to my girls every night of their lives from the time they were born until they went to junior high. Toad and Frog were a handful of books they could read to me. The step after the I Can Read books (Dr Seuss et al)
Alecia
Mar 03, 2009 Alecia rated it it was amazing
Author: Arnold Lobel

Illustrator: Arnold Lobel

Genre: fiction chapter book

Publication Info: Scholastic (2002)

Reading Level: Ages 7-10; late-early, early transitional

Topic/Theme: friendship
Shaunna
Sep 03, 2013 Shaunna rated it it was amazing
My daughter and I read this series again for the fourth (and counting) time and I have to say that I truly enjoy reading it each time. A lot of life's problems can be solved if you borrow Frog and Toad's wisdom.
Carrie
Jul 13, 2008 Carrie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books, humor
Frog and Toad Are Friends was one of my all time favorite books when I was learning how to read on my own. Now, the illustrations may seem a little dull to kids, but I will always love those funny guys.
Amy

Frog and Toad enjoy friendship and nature. The drawings are real pieces of art. Lobel is one of my very favorite all time illustrators. Stories are great. A classic. I really, really like these stories.
Emily
Dec 10, 2012 Emily rated it it was amazing
I bought this hardback compendium of the Frog and Toad stories for Colin several years ago. The stories are classic, endearing, and enduring. It's our go-to bedtime storybook when all else fails.
Amanda
Mar 01, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hold Frog and Toad very dear to my heart! These books topped my early childhood reading list. Even now, in my 30's, just the thought of my cherished Frog and Toad fills my heart with warmth.
Lauren
Jul 21, 2010 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Ummmm, let's see. I have pet turtles who are named Frog and Toad. I have almost completely memorized the songs from Frog and Toad the broadway musical. Yeah. It's just that good. :)
  • The Shy Little Kitten
  • Tassajara Cooking
  • Time of the Witch
  • The Adventures of Amelia Bedelia
  • George and Martha Round and Round
  • Mouse and Mole: A Winter Wonderland
  • The Little Bear Treasury: Little Bear/ Little Bear's Friend/ Little Bear's Visit
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • The Works Of Jane Austen (Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, Emma, Persuasion)
  • The Silver Slippers
  • The Art of Faery
  • god bless the gargoyles
  • Stop that Ball!
  • Mr. Putter & Tabby Pour the Tea
  • Frog Goes to Dinner
  • I Took the Moon for a Walk
  • Babar's Yoga for Elephants
  • Prince Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #16)
Arnold Stark Lobel was a popular American author of children's books. Among his most popular books are those of the Frog and Toad series, and Mouse Soup, which won the Garden State Children's Book Award from the New Jersey Library Association.
More about Arnold Lobel...

Frog and Toad (5 books)
  • Frog and Toad Are Friends (Frog and Toad, #1)
  • Frog and Toad Together (Frog and Toad, #2)
  • Frog and Toad All Year (Frog and Toad, #3)
  • Days with Frog and Toad (Frog and Toad, #4)
  • The Frogs and Toads All Sang