Start by marking “Emil i Lönneberga” as Want to Read:
Emil i Lönneberga

Emil i Lönneberga (Emil i Lönneberga #1)

4.27  ·  Rating Details ·  6,222 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
Published 2004 by Rabén & Sjögren (first published 1963)

To ask other readers questions about Emil i Lönneberga, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emil i Lönneberga

A sort of Swedish children's version of Henry IV, Part 1. Emil, who's about 8 and lives on Katthult Farm, is the worst kid in Småland (a rural part of Sweden where they talk funny), and his crazy ideas are always getting him into trouble. But, as Astrid Lindgren tells you every now and again while she's narrating the story, when he grew up he became the Chairman of the Local Council Board, and that is the Very Finest Thing Anyone Can Be. A bit like becoming King of England, you understand.

Each t
Feb 26, 2012 Bea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-swedish
Ah, that was such a brilliant book to read!!! For one thing I'm proud I've just finished my first book in Swedish, and I also so loved to revisit the stories of Emil - in German Michel - that I read as a child. Astrid Lindgren always has been one of my favourite authors and THE favourite author when I was small, I've read nearly all of her books and the characters and stories are still present in my mind though it's been a long long time since I read any of those stories. So I'm really looking f ...more
Feb 27, 2012 Andris2575 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Astrīda Anna Emīlija Lindgrēna ir zviedru rakstniece.Dzimusi 1907. gada 14. novembrī Vimmerbijā, Zviedrijā. Viņa ir sarakstījusi 25 grāmatas ieskaitot grāmatu: "Emīla nedarbi". Emīla nedarbi ir ļoti interesanta grāmata. Tajā ir rakstīts par mazu zēnu, kurš dzīvo Lennebergā un pastrādā daudz un dažādus nedarbus.
Visinteresantākais brīdis grāmatā ir tad, kad zēns staigājot ar ķekatām aizķeras aiz žoga un caur stiklu iekrīt istabā. Istabā Emīls sēdās pie galda ar savu ģimeni un tad, pēkšņi viņš i
Another Astrid Lindgren that I knew from TV but hadn't actually read.
It seems written for younger readers than 'Pippi' or many other of her books, as there's very little text in the book and the writing is very simple. It must be nice for a first reader - just right to give them a sense of achievement, but it only contains three of Emil's adventures.
It's charming and amusing, as is to be expected of the author, but, as there is so little text, it doesn't manage to convey all the charm and magic
Sep 03, 2012 Dalai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I miss you Emil. My childhood friend.
Story of annoying kid.
Story of his ultimate triumph.

(This) is the very first book i have read.
(Also) first and maybe the last (?) book i have ever read 100 times, literally...

(First) book i have ever laughed so hard...
(First) book i have ever wept so soft...

Jenny Jones
My kids loved this book- especially my 7 year old. He doesn't tend to like books about children who set out to be mean or horrible,in fact these type of characters often upset my kids (unless they are just messy/smelly- that's ok) so Emil's brand of being 'naughty' by accident is perfect for him. Even when Emil does hoist his little sister up the flagpole he does so because she wants to look at the next town and she's very happy about this- it's his parents who aren't! It is quite archaic in par ...more
Lukman Lw
Apr 05, 2013 Lukman Lw rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel
Novel pertama yang pernah saya baca sejak duduk dibangku SD. terbit tahun 1963. dan sampai sekarang masih ingat kejadian-kejadian dalam novel ini. seakan-akan membawa saya kembali ke jaman dahulu kala. Emil, anak kecil yang setiap hari tak berhenti membuat kekacauan. Namun siapa sangka dialah anak yang sangat cerdas!
Debora Tobing
Apr 26, 2013 Debora Tobing rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Pertama kali baca waktu SD, gue dibuat terpingkal-pingkal sama tingkah polah Emil yang bisa bikin seisi rumah pertanian Katthult jungkir balik ketika ia berada dalam masalah. Mulai dari memasukkan kepalanya ke dalam mangkuk sup, mengerek Ida, adik perempuannya di tiang bendera, hingga menggagalkan perampokan. Bisa kebayang gimana perasaan ibunya saat semua kejadian-kejadian itu berlangsung hingga pada akhirnya ia mencatatnya sambil tersenyum-senyum sendiri.

Astrid Lindgren sukses banget ngegambar
Radostina Georgieva
I think this is the first book I remember reading as a child. I absolutely loved how funny it was! Will definitely read it to my own children some day.
Jan 11, 2016 Nousha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Колкото и да е странно, не бях чела книгата досега. Астрид Линдгрен ми е сред най-най-любимите автори с книги като "Братята с лъвски сърца", Пипи, Роня... Емил познавах само от екранизацията, превъзходна, между другото, която помня от дете.
Никак не ми е трудно да дам оценка на тази книга - история, език, герои, всичко е учебник по писане на детски книги. Истинско удоволствие от четенето, независимо на каква възраст.
Съвършена в простотата си, нещо, което всъщност е невероятно трудно.
This is a shorter version of the 400 page book about Emil's adventures - Emil being probably the most famous boy in Scandinavian literature and much loved by adults and children alike. It was especially enjoyable reading aloud to my youngest daughter this time as we read it right before and after visiting Astrid Lindgren's World in Sweden - a theme park devoted to Lindgren's stories, and a park which is quaint and lovely, full of birch trees, and which included a stellar performance about/with E ...more
Aug 24, 2014 Paulina_alice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of my favourite books when I was a kid. My Granny used to read it to me while I was drawing and it was one of the most happy and magical moments in my life <3

I actually think this is one of the best kids books ever.
Nửa đầu tháng 12 mình hoàn tất xong 2 cuốn sách được xếp vào nhóm comic của năm nay, tức là rất hài hước.Kẻ ích kỷ lãng mạnvàLại thằng nhóc Emil,mình đã không nhịn được cười khi đọc cả hai cuốn, nếu cuốn 1 là hài hước thâm thúy giành cho người lớn thì cuốn thứ hai là bởi vì sự đáng yêu và nghịch ngợm của một đứa trẻ. Lại thằng nhóc Emil là tác phẩm của tác giả Astrid Lindgren - rất nổi tiếng với một cuốn khác nữa làPippi tất dài, được đông đảo toàn thể thiếu nhi trên toàn thế giới đón nhận. Riên ...more
Dec 19, 2014 Магдалена rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Една много интересна книга. Препоръчвам я на всяко дете даже може и родител.
Anelia Dobreva
Aug 04, 2015 Anelia Dobreva rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Тази детска класика беше първата от серията, за попълване на пропуснати четива от деството ми. И никак не съжалявам, защото въпреки поостарелия език на превода, Астрид Линдгрен успя да ме запали отново по четенето. Приключенията на Емил са идеални за целта - забавни, поучителни, не прекалено дълги, вдъхновяващи (ако си дете) и съживяващи (ако си възрастен).
Nov 26, 2015 Neri. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book is absolutely amazing. It tells the story about Emil, a lovable prankster who does a lot of "bad thing" not on purpose because he is a very naive child and wants to try out everything. The charm of this character and his lovable innocence will keep any reader from putting this book down.
Mar 05, 2015 τλιϓλ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

إميل في لنبريا، قصة جميلة لم أندم على اقتنائها مطلقا ^_^
Linh Bui
Mar 21, 2016 Linh Bui rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-childhood
A lovely read for a child, I believe. Emil is a quirky boy who has a lot of thing going in his life. Sometimes I just want to become just like him. He and Pippi are my 2 favorites as a child and still continue until now.
Kelly Powell
I enjoyed this book because it was a fun read about a little boy who likes to prank. I think many of us can relate to a brother like this or maybe being that brother to siblings. I also think many students would enjoy reading this book for the laughs and so I would like to have it in my classroom but hopefully it wouldn't give them any ideas.
Minh Anh  Trần
Feb 09, 2016 Minh Anh Trần rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-my-children
This book is just brilliant and cute and everything :) I really laughed out loud reading about Emil. The peaceful but never humdrum life in Katthult makes me want to live in an old-fashioned farm just for once. Fresh spring, lively summer, cozy autumn and beautiful winter with the serene nature are somethings that I dream to experience. And don't mention the food made by Emil's mother. I literally get hungry just by reading the book. And Emil oh Emil the sweet sweet bloody hell boy that you can ...more
Aug 30, 2015 Gretchen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovable scamp Emil keeps readers of all ages amused in his escapades--from the soup tureen, to hoisting Ida up the flag pole and devouring sausage, to going on a spree at the fair. Everything makes perfect sense to Emil's frame of reality, but everyone else hasn't caught up to his ideal of the world's workings.

Reminiscent of Pippi Longstocking (obviously) and Anne of Green Gables, with malice-free mischief and adventurous fun.
Vai gan Astrīdas Lindgrēnes darbiem ir vajadzīgi vēl kādi komentāri? :)
Bērnībā stāsts par Emīlu nebija viens no maniem mīļākajiem, un arī tagad tāds tas nav kļuvis. Patīk Lindgrēnes labsirdīgais humors, sirsnīgā noskaņa, kas ir viņas darbos.
ضحك ولدي كثيرا ذي الخمس سنوات أثناء قراءة هذا الكتاب :-)
Sâu Ngủ
Oct 11, 2015 Sâu Ngủ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emil's adventure is actually a must-read book, it's not only a book for children, but also a book to heal adult soul. You can easily find yourself actually relaxed and laugh when you spend time with it. With a funny character and smart mind, Emil can make you love him rightaway, eventhough you've just turned some pages! The whole book can make you remember to your childhood, which is so good memories and rememberable!
Bunga Mawar
Saya tahu saya punya buku ini sejak lama... Tapi dicari entah ke mana kok ga ada. Sampai tadi pagi. Ternyata ada di rak lemari kamar atas. Sendirian. Masih disegel pula.

Ya ampun, mengharukan sekali...
*bukan review
Noora Alsuwaidi
Dec 05, 2015 Noora Alsuwaidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful book for any young reader. Emil the naughty boy, very naughty boy who you would love him in spite of his his naughtiness. A story filled with children innocence is what every child book shelves need.
Dec 08, 2015 پگاه rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

چهقدر از ته دل خندیدم!:))

متشکرم لیلی و هلیا!:>>

+ آیا کسی داره کتابهای دیگهش رو هم؟
Childhood favorite. Still funny.

But I do think now that Emil was often misunderstood, especially by his dad. Emil is a smart, kind boys with excellent entrepreneurial skills, just lacking in foresight, that's why he gets himself in so much trouble. I believe, if he were a real boy and lived in the now, he'd be a millionaire by the age of 16.

I am going to search for some good paper copies of this book to read to my son. I am sure he will appreciate Emil's adventures when he is a little older. (W
  • When the Robbers Came to Cardamom Town
  • Ян Бибиян
  • Pancakes for Findus (Findus & Pettson)
  • Патиланско царство
  • Gummi-Tarzan
  • Pünktchen und Anton
  • Naksitrallid. Esimene ja teine raamat
  • Der Räuber Hotzenplotz (Hotzenplotz, #1)
  • Ние, врабчетата
  • Mormor og de åtte ungene i skogen (Eight Children, #2)
  • Cuentos por teléfono
  • Поезия. Публицистика
  • Moominpappa's Memoirs (The Moomins, #4)
  • Oh, wie schön ist Panama
  • Разкази - том 1
Astrid Anna Emilia Lindgren, née Ericsson, was a Swedish children's book author and screenwriter, whose many titles were translated into 85 languages and published in more than 100 countries. She has sold roughly 145 million copies worldwide. Today, she is most remembered for writing the Pippi Longstocking books, as well as the Karlsson-on-the-Roof book series.
More about Astrid Lindgren...

Emil i Lönneberga (3 books)
  • Nya hyss av Emil i Lönneberga (Emil i Lönneberga, #2)
  • Än lever Emil i Lönneberga

“Jag har inget emot att dö, bara inte i morgon, jag har en del jag skall göra först.” 1 likes