Start by marking “Awaking the Alpha” as Want to Read:
Awaking the Alpha

Awaking the Alpha

Can men who each bridge two worlds make a life together?

Blaze Canis is doing what he loves best. As a shooting range instructor just outside Yellowstone National Park, the former Navy SEAL sniper is still handling firearms. When Shoshoni native Logan Rider walks into his class one morning, the attraction each man feels for the other is sudden, almost mystical. Since Blaze’
Published January 19th 2014 by Amber Allure (first published February 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Awaking the Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awaking the Alpha

BWT (Belen)
The Novel Approach Reviews
2.5 Stars ~ As the blurb tells you, the instant attraction between the two main characters is mystical in nature…somehow. It never really gets explained. There’s gold cord and soul gazing and visions of a wolf, but why that happens is never really explored. Not only that, but the characters don’t really seem that concerned about it, which seems odd. Particularly because it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with Blaze being a wolf shifter, and has everything to do with Logan being Shoshone. So ...more
Christy Duke
Jan 30, 2014 Christy Duke rated it liked it
I enjoy finding new authors, to me, and hearing their voices and seeing the worlds they create. When it's a shifter story then I'm really in happy, happy, joy, joy land so I was excited when I cracked open 'Awaking the Alpha' by Carolina Valdez. The description of Blaze and Logan sounded intriguing but I guessed there was going to be more to the story than what it said.

Blaze is a retired Navy SEAL sniper who came home to his birthplace to teach as a weapons instructor. He is also a wolf shifter
Dawn Edwards
I received a free copy to read and review for wicked reads review team.

This book didn't do it for me sadly.
The blurb reads that Blaze and Logan have an instant connection. It's a magical connection but I just felt that the characters were a little flat and didn't really have much chemistry together.

I liked that it was told from both POVS so we could see what was happening with the other characters.

However this book was too slow paced for me as I felt it dragged towards the end :(
Crystal's Many Reviewers
At first, I wasn’t sure if I would like Awakening the Alpha. I asked to review it because I’m a sucker for books with Native American mythos in it. But the beginning totally and utterly turned me off. A whole chapter on guns and shooting. Seriously? I considered DNF’ing it after the first chapter and my mind was set on “OMG I don’t want to read this book.”

Once Blaze and Logan got past that scene and got into the actual story… It was pretty good.

Blaze is a shifter who hasn’t shifted much in over
Ro Dubose
Nov 01, 2016 Ro Dubose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Former Navy SEAL sniper Blaze Canis finds out the hard way that trust is a part of love. Keeping secrets from his lover, Native American Logan Swift Rider almost destroyed their relationship shortly after it began.

Awakening the Alpha is a budding interracial romance. The setting is Yellowstone Park with some interesting history about the area including the dangerous animals the tourist is likely to encounter.

Blaze is an alpha werewolf who chose not to be the leader of a pack because he is gay.
Brandilyn
This title was originally reviewed for Prism Book Alliance

I have been on such a shifter kick recently that I just couldn't help but pick up Awakening the Alpha by Carolina Valdez. She is a new author to me, but I wanted to take a chance. In the end, I will say that she has potential but needs some tweaking.

For complete Review see http://www.prismbookalliance.com/?p=5...

Ali
Aug 08, 2016 Ali rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 3 stars out of 5

Logan and Blaze come from very different backgrounds. Logan’s Native American heritage and teachings give him a different view of the world from many while Blaze has always really hidden who he was from the world. They both feel a deep connection to the other very quickly.

When Logan finds out Blaze is a werewolf, he begins to rethink everything he knew about Blaze because of teachings from his youth. It takes som
Kayla
Kayla rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2014
Crissy Smith
Crissy Smith rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it did not like it
Mar 03, 2014
Barbara Lampron
Barbara Lampron rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2016
Cap'n Muchiko
Cap'n Muchiko rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2016
NancyM
NancyM rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Laura rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2014
Cricket
Cricket rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2014
terranova.books
terranova.books rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2014
Grace
Grace rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2016
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Kristine Cassan
Kristine Cassan rated it liked it
Karie
Karie rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Elle
Elle marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Dennie
Dennie marked it as to-read
Dena
Dena marked it as to-read
Amanda
Amanda added it
Oct 30, 2015
Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn)
Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Neko
Neko marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Skye Blue
Skye Blue marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Ruthie Ry
Ruthie Ry marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Elf
Elf added it
Jun 26, 2015
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
H.
H. marked it as to-read
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Kelly L
Kelly L marked it as to-read
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Love it all bookworm
Love it all bookworm marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Daesy
Daesy marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Carolina Valdez warns not to be fooled by the photo. "Even if you walk most of the race, you want to be sure to break into a run for the camera." Although most of her running days have morphed into walking days, she's completed over a hundred distance races - six of them marathons. Her short story about a murder on the streets she's actually competed on, in the Los Angeles Marathon, appears in ...more
More about Carolina Valdez...