Start by marking “Mollie Makes Embroidery: Adorable Stitched Projects Plus Tips & Tricks” as Want to Read:
Mollie Makes Embroidery: Adorable Stitched Projects Plus Tips & Tricks

Mollie Makes Embroidery: Adorable Stitched Projects Plus Tips & Tricks

Cute alert! Embroidery basics and adorable projects from the editors of Mollie Makes.

Embroidery has been experiencing a renaissance among sewists and DIY crafters and is becoming more and more popular among young crafters. This adorable new book from the team behind Mollie Makes is all one needs to learn how to embroider. Aimed at complete beginners, it's also perfect for
Published August 12th 2014 by Interweave Press (first published August 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Mollie Makes Embroidery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mollie Makes Embroidery

Anne
Dec 19, 2015 Anne rated it liked it
Projects are overall fun, and the entire last half is dedicated to instructions and stitching tutorials, so it's a good book for beginners. Projects are colourful, fun, inspiring, but nothing really wowy or out of the ordinary. I liked that they included each designer's short bio about what they do, it was fun to read and then to look them up on their websites or Etsy shops.
Emilie
Sep 17, 2014 Emilie rated it liked it
I have a bone to pick with craft books and this is no exception. I suppose if you're only ever going to purchase ONE book on embroidery, then this is as good as any other, but every craft book includes pages and pages of basic teaching techniques on the topic it covers. This book is no exception. More than half of this book is basic embroidery technique how-to's.

It includes 15 patterns of which 6-8 are cute and the rest are standard and kind of frumpy. I wouldn't buy this book to own, but I did
Tara
Dec 31, 2015 Tara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute ideas and patterns but not much to take beyond their templates. Minimal instructions - good to check out from the library if you need some new inspo.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)

This is a pretty book. I like the design of it, which although it probably shouldn't, affects my opinion of a book overall. Unfortunately, I am disappointed by the book as it doesn't live up to the promise.

There are things to like. I really appreciate that each project has a complete materials list including needle sizes, the stitches used and the featured techniques. There are a surprising number of stitchery types used--such as crewel, ribbonwork, and bargello--despite the whimsical
Elissa
Sep 10, 2014 Elissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts
Really cute book! I loved so many of the designs. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because only half of the book featured patterns. The other half explained embroidery techniques. I just wish there were more patterns and less explanation, but overall it is a nice embroidery book.
Tracy Canuck
Oct 12, 2014 Tracy Canuck rated it liked it
Lovely little book. Lots of techniques explained in an easy-to-follow in a well laid-out, pretty book. Some patterns included. Some designs rather dated/old-school if that's your thing.
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
Sep 06, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2014
S T
S T rated it it was ok
Oct 19, 2014
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2015
L.K. Sukany
L.K. Sukany rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Barbod
Barbod rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Aja
Aja rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Denise Cochran
Denise Cochran rated it it was ok
Jan 28, 2015
Kelly Philpott
Kelly Philpott rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2014
Zaiba
May 18, 2015 Zaiba added it
great sources for stitches and projects
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2015
Marianne
Aug 20, 2015 Marianne rated it it was amazing
Fabulous embroidery book, adorable contemporary projects.
Jenni
Jenni rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Pinky
Pinky rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2015
Jesy Anderson
Jesy Anderson rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2015
Monica Shin
Monica Shin rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Janeen K
Janeen K rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015
Theoretical
Theoretical rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Janine Champlin
Janine Champlin rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Sheri
Sheri rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
May 03, 2015