Start by marking “Heart Of The Amazon (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #37)” as Want to Read:
Heart Of The Amazon (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #37)

Heart Of The Amazon (Heart of the Amazon #1)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  101 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
There was no way her brother was dead. Officials claimed the biochemist had been murdered in the Brazilian rainforest, his body fallen prey to the mists of the jungle. But Kate Collier knew Zach and couldn't leave it at that; Zach was all she had left. Tall, dark and mysterious, A. C. Slader had a past that was as turbulent as the Amazon River. Yet he was the only one who ...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about Heart Of The Amazon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart Of The Amazon

Michelle
May 08, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it
This is the first book in a three book series. In this book, Kate Collier has arrived in a small town in Brazil to hire a guide to find her brother who's been presumed dead. He's her twin brother and her (almost) her only living relative, and she loves him very much. That's the only thing that gives her the strength to trek through the wild Amazon jungle!

A. C. Slater is fighting his own demons. He's turned his back on God after tragic events in his life. But Kate's sweet ways and her strong fai
Deanna Anderson
Feb 04, 2016 Deanna Anderson rated it really liked it
I accidentally picked up a bunch of Christian Romantic fiction at the last huge book sale I went to. Often books mention God, usually in a exclamatory or slang usage such as "Oh God!" which I can tolerate, but I don't grab Christian fiction unless it is without knowing it as I don't like being preached too while reading.

However, that being said...I did enjoy this book. It was an 'effortless' read, meaning that I kept turning page after page and always wanting to read the next scene or chapter. I
Mikayla
Apr 18, 2012 Mikayla rated it it was amazing
Awesome book...1 of My Favorites
Mary
Nov 12, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it
This was a book of fast action. A prim and proper sister of a scientist who is lost in the Jungles has alone traveled to a small Amazon town. She sticks out like a sore thumb in a one hotel and bar kind of . Before she can locate the guide recommended to her and convince him to help her, she is assaulted and almost killed right in town. Thankfully the person she was looking for, after refusing to help her, will be the one to rescue her. But he changes his mind. The trip down the river into the j ...more
Sharon
Jul 04, 2009 Sharon rated it liked it
While well written, Heart of the Amazon, is a little too preachy for me. I would've preferred a bit more pulsating action and romance. Here's the back cover text for anyone interested in Margaret Daley's books:

The jungle sought to claim her. Assassins meant to silence her. There was no way her brother was dead. Officials claimed the biochemist had been murdered in the Brazilian rainforest, his body fallen prey to the mists of the jungle. But Kate Collier knew Zach and couldn't leave it at that.
Dec 17, 2014 Sarah rated it it was ok
Honestly, I was disappointed with this one in comparison to the other books by this author.
But as are the other ones, this was a light 'filler' read for me. Something you can pick up and put down whenever it is convenient for you.
Cathy Daniel
Dec 19, 2014 Cathy Daniel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
This is my new favorite LIS! I loved it so much! Loved how prim and proper Kate was in the beginning and how she grew. Love Slader as well and his growth! The setting was unique and exciting! Great book! Awesome epilogue!
Susan Vance
Apr 14, 2015 Susan Vance rated it really liked it
Mandy
Jun 18, 2011 Mandy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
Summary:
Kate hires Slater to be her guide through the Brazilian rainforest in search of her twin brother that has gone missing. She was not prepared for the harsh jungle environment, assassins following her trail, and falling in love with her guide along the way.

I was surprised how much I loved this book and how it reminded me of the movie Romancing the Stone!
Donna
Mar 07, 2013 Donna rated it it was ok
Easy read. Just stayed in my bag and read when the bus was running late.
Marion Faith
Sep 17, 2014 Marion Faith rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Marion by: guitarista@iwon.com
No matter where you go, God will be with you if you let Him.
Sanya
Nov 05, 2011 Sanya rated it did not like it
Got tired of preaching.
Sarah Dempsey
Sarah Dempsey marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Rebecca Van daniker
Rebecca Van daniker marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
heather
heather marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Jacqueline Hamlin
Jacqueline Hamlin rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Krystal G
Krystal G marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
K
K rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Lolobull
Lolobull rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Pheonix Fanfiction
Pheonix Fanfiction marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Angel Girl 48
Angel Girl 48 marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Iris Davidson
Iris Davidson marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
M
M added it
Jan 28, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Little Girl Lost (The Secrets of Stoneley, #2)
  • Murder By Mushroom
  • Perfect Target (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #142) (Emerald Coast 911, #1
  • Covert Pursuit
  • Tangled Memories  (Lowcountry Suspense #2)
  • Storm Warning (Whisper Lake, #1)
  • River of Secrets
  • High-Stakes Inheritance (The Morgan Brothers #1)
  • The Officer's Secret  (Military Investigations, #1)
  • Stalker in the Shadows (Sonoma, #3)
  • Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)
  • Shadow Bones (Great Lakes Legends, #2)
  • Undercover Pursuit (Missions of Mercy #3)
  • Code of Justice
Margaret Daley, an award-winning author of seventy-six books, has been married for over forty years and is a firm believer in romance and love. When she isn’t traveling, she’s writing love stories, often with a suspense thread and corralling her three cats that think they rule her household. To find out more about Margaret visit her website at http://www.margaretdaley.com.
More about Margaret Daley...

Heart of the Amazon (3 books)
  • Buried Secrets (Heart of the Amazon, #2)
  • Forsaken Canyon (Heart of the Amazon Series #3)