Start by marking “Soul Stories” as Want to Read:
Soul Stories

Soul Stories

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  4,700 ratings  ·  50 reviews
True Stories That Transform Lives
Writing with profound psychological and spiritual insight, prize-winning author Gary Zukav has had a major impact on the consciousness of millions. In his New York Times number-one bestseller, The Seat of the Soul, he explained how the expansion of human perception beyond the five senses leads to a new understanding of power -- the alignm
Published December 26th 2000 by Free Press (first published April 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Soul Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Stories

The Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoOm Chanting and Meditation by Amit RayThe Power of Now by Eckhart TolleA New Earth (Oprah #61) by Eckhart TolleGazing Into the Eternal by Belsebuub
Best Spiritual Books
251st out of 598 books — 627 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareCress by Marissa MeyerThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanSilver Shadows by Richelle MeadDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Upcoming YA Novels of 2014
478th out of 510 books — 1,396 voters

More lists with this book...

TW Yeung
when they say:
When the student is ready, the teacher appears.
i have never thought that it could be so impactfully real until I came to this book, a powerfully written honest account of the author's personal journey of transformation in the subtlest and least pretentious way.
all the more so, when my own deeply buried issues re-surface(d) upon eyeing at the page about inner truth and spiritual partnership.
life is one brilliant journey, and you know it when you're on it.

SEAT OF THE SOUL - HEART OF
Bruce Willams
If you want to know more about engaging your intuition, this is the book you need.

"...When you see everything that happens in your life as a way for you to learn important things about yourself, you start to look more closely at the things that happen in your life. The more you do, the more you learn about yourself. The more you learn about yourself, the more you can change the way things happen. After a while, you are happy for everything that happens, even the things that are unpleasant. Then
Radhika
There s no doubt that Gary Zukav has a way of getting you to peek into your soul and ask the questions you do not want to ask and know the answers to.
You get to realize your strengths, your weakness and Zukav enlightens in a spiritual way, drawing fine lines and interlaces religion and spirituality.

The stories, the passionate yet occasionally long drawn narrative can be a bit hard to get into, and to be honest, it did take me some effort to stick with it, it's worth finishing it. It';s his own
Srividya Arathri
I liked the book,it's not extraordinary,but like the author says " I love soul stories ...every story makes me appreciate me and you and makes me happy that we are together...".i was able to complete it in one sitting.
Annmarie Kostyk
Wonderful introduction into using your perception beyond your 5 senses and living a life beyond the obvious. Fantastic read on how to become extraordinary.
Jane Ganser
read twice.....highly recommend.
Mary
Good book that goes along w/ the seat of the soul book. It is stories that illustrate the premiss of the Seat of the Soul. Should be read slower, as he suggests, but I would like one little story and go on to the next, but sometimes I would stop and contemplate the story and meaning and what it meant to me, and would then put it aside for a new story tomorrow. "Every time you set an intention to create harmony,cooperation, sharing or reverence for life, you take a step toward the goal of your so ...more
Baxter Trautman
This book came into my life right after our home burned down, offering what I knew but needed to remember. "When you realize that everything that happens to you is for your good, all of the time, you are seeing your life the way your soul sees it." And yes, that includes all the 'bad' stuff, especially the bad stuff. This book reminded me that I am a spiritual being having a human experience.
Juney
Unlike his other work I did not care for this one at all. I could not get over the feeling that throughout in his writing, he was doing a lot of tooting his own horn. I found it to a an egotistical memoir. I felt like he had really gotten away from the "intentions" behind his original purpose of publishing these books. I could not respect one word written in this book.
Terry
Zukav concludes the book with a whole treatise on how interrelated we all are and how we need to grow beyond seeing our "earth suits" or differences to experiencing all that unites us.

He and his spiritual partner have a website that delves into spiritual relationships and authentic power.

Peter
by the same author of Dance of the Wu-Li Masters, written in 1979. Reading this book made me appreciate Wu-Li Masters more because the author really had no idea about physics but he learned enough to communicate the spiritual aspects of it to his readers.
This book is more specifically about spirituality. Including relationships of equals, etc.
Jon Vergara Abrera
Gary Zukav made me look at religion and spirituality in a different light. This book helped me appreciate concepts which made a lot of sense.

Warning: This is not for those who are not open to other "religious" and "spiritual" insights as you may find some of the thoughts sacrilegious and heretic to a certain extent.
Viet Hung Nguyen
I would recommend The Seat of the Soul (the same author). I'm in the middle of rating between 3 and 4 for this book. While it has a few good points, it's not solid as the other one. Actually, this can be considered to compensate for The Seat of the Soul. If you read the other one, that'll be enough.
Wendy Arnott
This book has been on my parents shelf for I don't know how long.. for me to find this book at this point in my spiritual journey is a total blessing. There are things explained in this book that so coincide with a reading I had two months ago that I had to stop and re-read the passages again. :)
Jae
Gary Zukav is life changing. With his words he exposes what is already within you; your flaws and your strengths. The best relationship that came out of the readings of all of his novels is the relationship I have with myself. I am so grateful for his wisdom.
Linh
it's the author's personal experiences intertwined with enlightenment teachings. if you're interested in how to truthfully read yourself, your actions or lack of and how that effects your daily interactions with others, it's an eye opener. good stuff.
Maurean
This book wasn't quite what I had expected. I was looking for something a bit more...intellectual...more 'soul-searching', I suppose, altho the stories were nice...just a bit *too much* 'rainbows and lollipops' for me, ya know?
Jo Holloway-Green

I liked some of this book, but I jumped all over the place, and I didn't get some of the stories or concepts. Other parts I thought were insightful nd made me think. Definitely want to read seat of the soul now
Barbara  Luxford
Gary speaks of the soul in a way that anyone can relate to and understand. I found this book delightful and very interesting. It brings a new perspective on how one lives their lives.
Chuck
If you want to recommend a book to get people started reading sort of spiritual literature then this is the book to recommend. It is not too threatening and easy to read.
Della
There were a few great nuggets in here, but I also ended up skimming toward the end as the stories became repetitive. I'm really glad to have gained those nuggets, though.
Carole
This was my first spiritual book and it was perfect for where I was at the time. Just little chapters showing stories and examples of a new way to look at things.
Julian Friend
Quite a few compelling stories in here, and some quality insights on walking the spiritual path. When he moves away from telling stories, it can get insipid.
Diane
I didn't enjoy the stories because they seemed to elementary to me, but I did like the truths he pointed to at the end of each story. Those were encouraging.
Penelope
Awesome, inspiring piece of work. It makes me wonder what I did with Seat of the Soul...
A couple of chapters I'd like to reread before I let rip.
Linda
EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS BOOK. IT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPLETE LOOK AT LIFE BEFORE, NOW, AND AFTER. INCREDIBLE!!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.
Chadwick
This one is mostly New Age feel-good drivel, but that doesn't mean that there isn't something to learn from it.
Rhea Abramson
Love Gary Zukav....these short stories are like hearing Gary's personal anecdotes at a retreat. Worth every page!
Chris
I vaguely remember this book of inspirational stories, but I don't remember any specifics.
Melissa
You can pick up this book at any chapter and get something great out of the read. I love it!
  • The Dark Side of the Light Chasers: Reclaiming Your Power, Creativity, Brilliance and Dreams
  • Same Soul, Many Bodies: Discover the Healing Power of Future Lives through Progression Therapy
  • Talking to Heaven: A Medium's Message of Life After Death
  • Further Along the Road Less Traveled: The Unending Journey Towards Spiritual Growth
  • The Celestine Vision: Living the New Spiritual Awareness
  • One Day My Soul Just Opened Up: 40 Days and 40 Nights Toward Spiritual Strength and Personal Growth
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • Why People Don't Heal and How They Can: A Practical Programme for Healing Body, Mind and Spirit
  • Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling
  • Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet
  • Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self
  • Out on a Limb
  • Spontaneous Healing
  • Saved by the Light: The True Story of a Man Who Died Twice and the Profound Revelations He Received
  • Adventures of a Psychic: The Fascinating and Inspiring True-Life Story of One of America's Most Successful Clairvoyants
  • Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much
  • Fire in the Soul: A New Psychology of Spiritual optimism
  • A Woman's Worth
Gary Zukav is the author of The Dancing Wu Li Masters, winner of The American Book Award for Science; Soul Stories, a New York Times bestseller; and The Seat of the Soul, a New York Times, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, and Publishers Weekly #1 bestseller. His books have sold millions of copies and are published in sixteen languages. He is a graduate of Harvard and a former U.S. Army Special Forces ...more
More about Gary Zukav...
The Seat of the Soul Dancing Wu Li Masters: An Overview of the New Physics (Perennial Classics) The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness The Mind of the Soul: Responsible Choice Spiritual Partnership: The Journey to Authentic Power

“Spiritual Partnership
... The new female and the new male
are partners on a journey of spiritual growth.
They want to make the journey.
Their love and trust keep them together.
Their intuition guides them. They consult with each other.
They are friends. They laugh a lot. They are equals.

That is what a spiritual partnership is:
a partnership between equals
for the purpose of spiritual growth.”
57 likes