Start by marking “The Christmas Blizzard” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Blizzard

The Christmas Blizzard

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  17 reviews
One year the North Pole is too hot for Christmas, so a young boy howls up a snowstorm to get things back on track. He whips up snowflakes as big as dinner plates and winds strong enough to split firewood!
Published November 1st 1996 by Scholastic (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Blizzard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Blizzard

Chris Jordan
I just read the book to my son's 3rd Grade class for their Reading with Dad's day. The kids loved it and so did I. I only wish it was available on the Kindle.
Danielle Messer
It gets too hot at the north pole and Santa and the elves stop making toys. Mr. Jenkins did not want to see Christmas skipped so he went and wished for snow. Then a blizzard comes along and Santa starts working on Christmas again.
Maddie
I think kids would love this book because it is so comical and ridiculous. The pictures are also good because every time you read it you see something new. This would be a great book to read to my kids around the holidays.
Emma Daugherty
When I was a child this was one of my favorite holiday books. This story book has detailed pictures and a good story line about a crazy christmas blizzard. There are fun characters and crazy weather events that make the draw the reader in and is perfect for children. I would definitely recommend this book.
Sandie
We enjoyed this book....a really fun story. The way the story is told is like a conversation....well a one sided one. It would be as if I was standing in front of you telling it to you and that makes for an easy read outloud book. Also makes it easy to give voices to the characters, since you only have a handfull of people speaking in the story.

The storyline is pretty interesting, unique I would say. Its the first time I have read about a Christmas blizzard in just this way.

The pictures are gr
Rachelolivia
Jun 02, 2015 Rachelolivia marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
II
Cara Mcmannis
This story is about an elder man telling a young girl about a snow storm that occurred a long time ago. It was the biggest snow storm he had ever seen. This story integrates a little bit of science and fun that would be engaging for the students as a read aloud.
Jess
Dec 04, 2008 Jess rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 2nd,3rd grade
This book has great voice. It would be great for teaching kids how to write. The story itself deals with unpredictable weather and how it was affecting Santa and the rest of the world. It's a fun book.
Kim
Charming, expressive, action-packed illustrations fill the pages. Lengthy, but engaging Christmas tall-tale.

themes: blizzard, Christmas, Indiana, Santa, snow, , tall tale, witch
Becky
A delightful Christmas tall tale! Fun to read.
Karen
You can read my review at my blog: http://familybriefs.com/2008/01/05/st...
Judy
Fun silly read. Kids love to laugh and have fun while I read it to them. Very fun!
Heidi
Hilarious, especially when you read it to your kids with funny voices :).
Elaine7717
A great and himorous kids xmas book. Enjoyed by my son and I.
Megan B
Not my cup of tea. Or cocoa.
Cindi
recommended by Jodi
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
author and mother of two grown sons. Texas, where she lived for 9 years, is one of her favorite places and several of her books are set there. She, her husband, and their two cats currently live in Sanibel Island, Florida--where plenty of armadillos live, too.
More about Helen Ketteman...
Bubba, The Cowboy Prince Goodnight, Little Monster The Three Little Gators Armadilly Chili At the Old Haunted House