Start by marking “The Hybrid (The Hybrid Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Hybrid (The Hybrid Series, #1)

The Hybrid (The Hybrid Series, #1)

Gertrude is your average seventeen-year-old girl from southern California. She gets good grades, makes it home by curfew, and like most girls her age, she has issues with her mother. But lately, the fights between the two of them are growing worse. So bad in fact, that Gertrude finally makes the daring decision to move in with her grandparents, in another state. Upon her ...more
Published August 2nd 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Hybrid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hybrid

Brittain (Tara Belle Talking)
I received this book in exchange for an honest review through Lovers of Paranormal.

Gertrude is trying to start fresh in a new town with her grandparents, away from her mother. She moves to a small town in Montana, far away from her Southern California upbringing in the hopes of feeling loved and appreciated by her family. Once she gets there, she makes friends with the popular girls (not really by choice) and tries to settle in. But there are the mysterious woods behind her house and the legends
OddModicum Rachel
Aug 22, 2014 OddModicum Rachel rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Young Adult, Middle Grade, and Adult lovers of fantasy and fairy tales.

I received a copy of 'The Hybrid' in exchange for an honest review.

Hidden away in the dark forest of a small town is a tiny society magically cloaked from prying modern human eyes. Myths of magical creatures in the forest are common among the young people in the town, but no one is aware that the myths, in this case, are actual flesh, complete with unique mystical powers and delicate wings reminiscent of seasonal woodland leaves. Gertrude moves to the small town of Woodcrest Hills freshly stung
Adrienne Woods
Mar 22, 2014 Adrienne Woods rated it really liked it
Review on http://confessionsofafantasyfreak.blo...

The author gave me a copy in exchange for my honest opinion. In no way was I paid or asked for a good review.

First ,I Love reading fantasy. It's my all time favourite genre and one I write in.

Now, the Hybrid by Ms Shelton was a very entertaining read. I have to admit that I didn't expected the Hybrid to be such an entertaining novel. There are so many twist and turns, an a couple I haven't seen coming at all.

The main character is well fleshed out
Stephanie Barnes
Oct 23, 2014 Stephanie Barnes rated it liked it
The story has a pleasant premise and the concepts founding the story offer a lot of promise from the outset. The opening chapters of the story is not entirely original, a young girl decides to move to another relative's house, placing herself in a new and unfamiliar surrounding, and eventually she meets a love interest which inevitably threatens the girl's safety. However the story was interesting and easy to follow and the characters were very well crafted.

My only particular pickle with the st
Paula
Feb 12, 2015 Paula rated it it was ok
Shelves: r2r
The Hybrid: Book 1

I received a free copy, through Lovers of Paranormal, in exchange for a review.

Gertrude decided enough was enough. Enough of the fighting, of the not speaking to each other, just the negativity. Mother & daughter were just not getting along, so why not move in with her grandparents, in a different state? Perhaps that will improve their relationship. So, that is exactly what Gertrude does - moves states away and starts her 17 year life over. Getting to know the new town &
Ramona Plant
Dec 27, 2014 Ramona Plant rated it really liked it
I always enjoy when I come across a little gem, that tackles the paranormal in a new and different way. The Hybrid does exactly that. Laura describes the ferries in a new way, one that makes them a lot more intriguing and fascinating than your classic Disney version of ferries. The plot is well developed and has a good pace to it. I pretty much started the book and didn't put it down until I was done. The ending was a bit disappointing until I realized that this was book 1 :), which means I will ...more
Christina Tattoed
Nov 13, 2014 Christina Tattoed rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of "The Hybrid" in exchange for my honest review.
The story is about Gertrude, a seventeen year old that moves to Montana to live with her grandparents. She learns of a myth about the forest and instantly wants to know more. She discovers an adventure of mystical creatures, first love, self-discovery and friendship.
I couldn't stop reading. There was twists and turns that keep me captivated. Lauren is a great storyteller. The characters are believable and engaging. It has adven
Felecia Tanner
Aug 19, 2014 Felecia Tanner rated it really liked it
Wonderful story line, the author keeps you in suspense until the end. Loved the characters. A little violence but that is society. Very clean romance. The pace of the book was uneven at times, but like I said before it is a wonderful story with a twist at the end. The author describes things so you can actually see them in your mind. I definitely recommend this book and I will be looking for more books by her in the future. 297 pages.
I reveived this book from the author in return for an honest r
Eryka Sterling
Apr 11, 2015 Eryka Sterling rated it it was amazing
Great book her use of detail and way of connecting with the reader draws you into the story. Gertrude the girl in school who keeps to herself lost her father and her own mother doesn't want her. She moves in with her grandparents and learns of myths about the forest in town. This story captivates that high school girl in you. I highly recommend this story to anyone who enjoys fantasy, love, mystery, and suspense. I look forward to her second book in this series. The Forgotten.
Camryn
Aug 23, 2015 Camryn rated it it was ok
It was okay liked the beginning. It got kinda dry and boring as it went on had great potential but I didn't really like some aspects, such as revealing major things with no real mystery or build up. The ending was something I have seen before and not really something I'm into but some parts do have potential.
Lenita Sheridan
Quite a Faerie Story

Other than its unprofessional presentation this book makes a good Y/A faerie story. There is enough excitement in it to make the reader want to finish the book. I liked the twist at the end.
Alysia Seymour
Aug 28, 2014 Alysia Seymour rated it really liked it
This was a refreshing book. A new take on fairies and the powers they possess. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun read. It keeps you interested and yet is easy to read!
Ralph Smith
Ralph Smith rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Haley
Haley rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2014
Rainy Kaye
Rainy Kaye marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Vicki Wilson
Vicki Wilson marked it as to-read
Ellie Red
Ellie Red marked it as to-read
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Lea Cherry
Lea Cherry marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Briana Gaitan
Briana Gaitan marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Abbie
Abbie marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Nero
Nero marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Elsa Carrion
Elsa Carrion marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
shannon
shannon marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Hannah Wilburn
Hannah Wilburn marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Betty Macy
Betty Macy marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Angela Dossett
Angela Dossett marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
finecat
finecat marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Charli ღ Denae
Charli ღ Denae marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
BookOwl BookOwl
BookOwl BookOwl marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Taylor Richards
Taylor Richards marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
PEGGY
PEGGY marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Gratair
Gratair marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Janeen Garner
Janeen Garner marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Maranda Peggs
Maranda Peggs marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Lovers of Paranor...: This topic has been closed to new comments. R2R {569} The Hybrid COMPLETED 13 83 Feb 12, 2015 08:51AM
Goodreads Authors...: The Hybrid - YA Urban Fantasy (needs reviews!) 3 14 Jul 21, 2014 06:43PM
Lauren Shelton (1990-present) grew up in Fremont, CA until the age of fourteen. During that time, she imagined up fantasy worlds, hoping one day she would be a part of them. When she moved to San Diego, CA shortly after, she knew she had to bring her imaginations to life and began writing her very first series, "The Hybrid Series." In 2010, Lauren moved to West Yellowstone, MT, where her ...more
More about Lauren M. Shelton...