Leaving November (Clayburn, #2)

Leaving November (Clayburn #2)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  23 reviews

Eight years ago, Vienne Kenney moved away from Clayburn and all its gossip to pursue a law degree in California. But now she has failed the bar exam again. Is she destined to be stuck forever, a failure -- just like her father -- in this two-horse Kansas town?

Nine months ago, Jackson Linder left Clayburn with no explanation to anybody. Now he, too, is back. He isn't sure

Published March 4th 2008 by Howard Books

To ask other readers questions about Leaving November, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leaving November

Delia
Vienne Kenney is back in her hometown of Clayburn, Kansas - but not by choice. After investing years of time and energy, to say nothing of money from a source she'd prefer to forget, she fails the state bar exam that would secure her future as a lawyer. But before she can fully absorb the impact this crushing disappointment will have on her life, her mother is struck down by a major stroke, and Vienne finds herself once again the resistant resident of a town filled with bitter memories.

Jackson...more
Jodi
I dont remember why I picked up this book. It was all about the choices we make and how God is in control when we let him. The two main characters let their pasts to cloud their future. Vienne could not wait to leave her home town after high school. She left went to law school and thought she was happy. She tried to pass the Law bar exam twice, but failed. Her mother had a stroke and she came back home thinking she would leave soon. She took over her mothers business and started to learn that sh...more
Martha Valasek
story about overcoming an addiction and fears related alcoholism
Helena
Oct 29, 2012 Helena rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes a christian romance.
Recommended to Helena by: nobody
I picked this book up at my local library because I liked the cover and briefly scanned inside of it. After I started reading it, I realised that it was a Christian romance but it was not heavy-handed. The story focuses on two broken people, Vienne Kenney and Jackson Linder, both moving back home to the town of Clayburn to try to fix their shattered lives and start anew.

This is a uplighting romance that left me wanting more. A great read.
Sandy
I really enjoyed the book. I have to say that I enjoyed everything about the book, the characters, the story line. It was a book that didn't leave you disappointed. The only part that I was unhappy with was with the father. I do think the dad was truly repentant and wanting a relationship with his son but it doesn't tell anything else regarding their relationship. I guess it means that he came, he left and that was it?
Florence Primrose
After attending law school and failing to pass the bar, Vienne returns to her small home town to oversee her mother,

Jack, an artist, has also returned to his small town after overcoming alcohol addiction caused in part by a fatal accident he was in.

Vienne and Jack are both trying to find their way and help each other along the way, in spite of problems.
Summer
The characters in the book were real and likeable, but I had a hard time concentrating on the story with so many religious inputs. I am a religious person and I have to say there were so many "she quickly sent up a prayer" and such that it started to feel fake after awhile. I think I'm done with these novels.
Andrea Fife
This book was an easy but entertaining read. If the religious undertones had been LDS in nature, I'd probably not have minded. But for some reason, the generic Christian tone seemed a little forced. The storyline was very predictable, but it was well-written enough that it was still an enjoyable journey.
Katherine
If you can't handle tragedy and trials this book is not for you. There is plenty of heartache in this book but there is also Peace and hope in the knowledge that Through Christ ALL things are possible and that our Father in Heaven is always aware of us. I really enjoyed reading this.
Rebecca
Wonderful characters. Wonderful story. Wonderful book. Vienne and Jackson journey to wholeness on parallel paths; hitting bumps, maneuvering curves, dodging pot holes, but ending up at the same place; together. The entire Clayburn series is well worth your time.
Aetuck
This book is another Christian based love story. It was over before I knew it and I turned the page to continue reading and found that the story was over. Quite disturbing because I felt there was more to the story.
Faydra
Oh blech. Now it'll be another five years before I pick up christian fiction again. So cheesy. By the second half I was skimming, but I was on a plane with nothing else to read...
shalla
Easy read, but good book about something that a lot of people deal with...dealing with loved ones who have problems with alcohol...and learning to lean on God to get through it.
Elizabeth
Great easy, lounging at the beach or by the pool book. Loved the characters and the story. I was excited to pick it up, and it was hard to put down.
Melissa
Two people find love even when their minds are cautious due to past problems with addiction.
Jennie
This was my first "Christian" romance novel. It was a good story, but lacked some heat...
Donna Hatch
Excellent, beautifully-written book with real-life problems and real life characters.
Melissa Hall
Nice story....the ending was sudden leaving you to wonder about other parts of the book.
Ruth
Jackson and Vienne...good story, but hoped there would be more romance.
Mariko
bad. almost had a heart attack from all the cheese.
Elaine
Aug 05, 2009 Elaine added it
2nd book in the Clayburn series
Nicole
Love teh Clayburn novels! Great read.
Spring
Easy read.
Melisa
Melisa marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Nathalie Bakelandt
Nathalie Bakelandt marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Renee Herman
Renee Herman marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Rendireads
Rendireads marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
DEBORAH RANEY's first novel, A Vow to Cherish, inspired the World Wide Pictures film of the same title. Her books have since won the RITA Award, ACFW Carol Award, HOLT Medallion, National Readers' Choice Award, Silver Angel, and have twice been Christy Award finalists. THE FACE OF THE EARTH released in May 2013 from Howard/Simon & Schuster, and SILVER BELLS released from Guideposts in October....more
More about Deborah Raney...
Beneath a Southern Sky (Natalie Camfield, #1) Remember to Forget (Clayburn,#1) A January Bride (A Year of Weddings, #2) Almost Forever (Hanover Falls, #1) After the Rains