Start by marking “Leaving November (Clayburn, #2)” as Want to Read:
Leaving November (Clayburn, #2)

Leaving November (Clayburn #2)

Eight years ago, Vienne Kenney moved away from Clayburn and all its gossip to pursue a law degree in California. But now she has failed the bar exam again. Is she destined to be stuck forever, a failure -- just like her father -- in this two-horse Kansas town?

Nine months ago, Jackson Linder left Clayburn with no explanation to anybody. Now he, too, is back. He isn't sure

Published March 4th 2008 by Howard Books

To ask other readers questions about Leaving November, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leaving November

Maddie
Sep 25, 2016 Maddie rated it did not like it
Sorry but this did not hold my interest. I couldn't finish...too trite.

Delia
Apr 11, 2010 Delia rated it it was amazing
Vienne Kenney is back in her hometown of Clayburn, Kansas - but not by choice. After investing years of time and energy, to say nothing of money from a source she'd prefer to forget, she fails the state bar exam that would secure her future as a lawyer. But before she can fully absorb the impact this crushing disappointment will have on her life, her mother is struck down by a major stroke, and Vienne finds herself once again the resistant resident of a town filled with bitter memories.

Jackson
Gayle
The 2nd Clayburn novel by Deborah Raney definitely left me wanting to read more of her books. This is a good story for anyone who comes out of a family effected by alcoholism.
Jodi
Aug 03, 2011 Jodi rated it really liked it
I dont remember why I picked up this book. It was all about the choices we make and how God is in control when we let him. The two main characters let their pasts to cloud their future. Vienne could not wait to leave her home town after high school. She left went to law school and thought she was happy. She tried to pass the Law bar exam twice, but failed. Her mother had a stroke and she came back home thinking she would leave soon. She took over her mothers business and started to learn that sh ...more
Holly
Feb 08, 2017 Holly rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the characters and the small town feel. The ending to too abrupt though.
Sandy
Nov 01, 2011 Sandy rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the book. I have to say that I enjoyed everything about the book, the characters, the story line. It was a book that didn't leave you disappointed. The only part that I was unhappy with was with the father. I do think the dad was truly repentant and wanting a relationship with his son but it doesn't tell anything else regarding their relationship. I guess it means that he came, he left and that was it?
Helena
Oct 29, 2012 Helena rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes a christian romance.
Recommended to Helena by: nobody
I picked this book up at my local library because I liked the cover and briefly scanned inside of it. After I started reading it, I realised that it was a Christian romance but it was not heavy-handed. The story focuses on two broken people, Vienne Kenney and Jackson Linder, both moving back home to the town of Clayburn to try to fix their shattered lives and start anew.

This is a uplighting romance that left me wanting more. A great read.
Summer
Dec 06, 2011 Summer rated it it was ok
The characters in the book were real and likeable, but I had a hard time concentrating on the story with so many religious inputs. I am a religious person and I have to say there were so many "she quickly sent up a prayer" and such that it started to feel fake after awhile. I think I'm done with these novels.
Florence Primrose
Jun 22, 2013 Florence Primrose rated it liked it
After attending law school and failing to pass the bar, Vienne returns to her small home town to oversee her mother,

Jack, an artist, has also returned to his small town after overcoming alcohol addiction caused in part by a fatal accident he was in.

Vienne and Jack are both trying to find their way and help each other along the way, in spite of problems.
Andrea Fife
May 19, 2009 Andrea Fife rated it liked it
This book was an easy but entertaining read. If the religious undertones had been LDS in nature, I'd probably not have minded. But for some reason, the generic Christian tone seemed a little forced. The storyline was very predictable, but it was well-written enough that it was still an enjoyable journey.
Aetuck
Dec 09, 2008 Aetuck rated it it was ok
This book is another Christian based love story. It was over before I knew it and I turned the page to continue reading and found that the story was over. Quite disturbing because I felt there was more to the story.
Rebecca
Jun 16, 2013 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Wonderful characters. Wonderful story. Wonderful book. Vienne and Jackson journey to wholeness on parallel paths; hitting bumps, maneuvering curves, dodging pot holes, but ending up at the same place; together. The entire Clayburn series is well worth your time.
Katherine
Aug 25, 2011 Katherine rated it really liked it
If you can't handle tragedy and trials this book is not for you. There is plenty of heartache in this book but there is also Peace and hope in the knowledge that Through Christ ALL things are possible and that our Father in Heaven is always aware of us. I really enjoyed reading this.
shalla
Nov 12, 2008 shalla rated it really liked it
Easy read, but good book about something that a lot of people deal with...dealing with loved ones who have problems with alcohol...and learning to lean on God to get through it.
Spring
Aug 03, 2008 Spring rated it liked it
Easy read.
Ruth
Mar 10, 2012 Ruth rated it really liked it
Jackson and Vienne...good story, but hoped there would be more romance.
Candace
2nd book in the Clayburn series
Bubiesmom
Apr 06, 2015 Bubiesmom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grate book

This is truly a wonderful book it shows that we must put are faith in God and he will help us through anything
Melissa
Mar 04, 2008 Melissa rated it really liked it
Two people find love even when their minds are cautious due to past problems with addiction.
Melissa Hall
Sep 11, 2013 Melissa Hall rated it really liked it
Nice story....the ending was sudden leaving you to wonder about other parts of the book.
Barbara Campbell
Book 2 in a great series!
Mariko
Jan 28, 2009 Mariko rated it did not like it
bad. almost had a heart attack from all the cheese.
Elizabeth
Great easy, lounging at the beach or by the pool book. Loved the characters and the story. I was excited to pick it up, and it was hard to put down.
Nicole
Nov 15, 2010 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Love teh Clayburn novels! Great read.
Faydra
Aug 15, 2011 Faydra rated it did not like it
Oh blech. Now it'll be another five years before I pick up christian fiction again. So cheesy. By the second half I was skimming, but I was on a plane with nothing else to read...
Jennie
Aug 03, 2008 Jennie rated it liked it
This was my first "Christian" romance novel. It was a good story, but lacked some heat...
Donna Hatch
Mar 21, 2009 Donna Hatch rated it it was amazing
Excellent, beautifully-written book with real-life problems and real life characters.
Margie Klingensmith
Margie Klingensmith rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2013
Arenda
Arenda rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2013
  • For Pete's Sake (Piper Cove Chronicles #2)
  • Breaking Up Is Hard to Do (Miracle Girls, #2)
  • Distant Heart (Westward Hearts #2)
  • Promised to Me (Coming to America #4)
  • Blue Heart Blessed
  • Sister's Choice (Patchwork Circle, #2)
  • With Endless Sight (Crossroads of Grace #3)
  • Single Sashimi (Sushi, #3)
  • One Perfect Gift (Culdee Creek Christmas #2)
  • Quaker Summer
  • Healing Sands (Sullivan Crisp, #3)
  • A Bride By Christmas
  • Alaska Brides: Golden Dawn/Golden Days/Golden Twilight (Heartsong Novella Collection)
  • A Man for Temperance (Wagon Wheel Series #2)
  • Flash Point (In a Heartbeat #2)
  • Full Circle
  • Sweetwater Gap
  • Stepping Into Sunlight
DEBORAH RANEY's first novel, A Vow to Cherish, inspired the World Wide Pictures film of the same title. Her books have since won the RITA Award, ACFW Carol Award, HOLT Medallion, National Readers' Choice Award, Silver Angel, and have three times been Christy Award finalists. At work on her 32nd novel, Deb and her husband, Ken Raney, recently moved to the city after years of enjoying small-town lif ...more
More about Deborah Raney...

Clayburn (3 books)
  • Remember to Forget (Clayburn,#1)
  • Yesterday's Embers (Clayburn, #3)