Start by marking “The D Word” as Want to Read:
The D Word

The D Word

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Jordan Daniels and Elle Ryan thought their lives would become less complicated when they walked away from their respective relationships one year ago. But instead, they find themselves vying for a relationship with the same divorced man.

As a spiritual counselor, newly single mother Jordan Daniels makes her living predicting other people’s futures. If only she could foresee
Published May 17th 2011 by Amazon Digital Services (first published May 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The D Word, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The D Word

Samantha Janning
Jordan Daniels knows her marriage to Kevin is over. Even though they have a young son together, Jordan hasn’t been happy, and knows she wants more. But a year after she files for divorce, Jordan isn’t so sure she made the right choice. Even more frustrating- her career. Jordan makes a living as a spiritual counselor, and relies on her feelings and dreams to help others see their future. But she can’t see hers, and wonders if it’s too late to get Kevin back. Kevin seems to have moved on easily fr ...more
Meredith Schorr
This book had me hooked from page 1. First I ordered the free sample on my Kindle but after 30 pages, I had to keep going. The characters were just so real and I literally felt Jordan's pain as she watched Kevin falling for another woman right when she decided that divorcing might have been the biggest mistake of her life. I was rooting for a different ending and when it became clear a little past the half-way mark who would end up with who, I admit to not being as excited to pick it up but I go ...more
Alison Fees
I was very impressed with "The D Word". The authors were truly able to catch all the great emotion of the characters and make you feel what they feel. Divorce can be a tough issue to tackle but the authors did a wonderful job. I loved that I was able to see each point of the situation from the ex wife and the new girlfriend. It is tough to be on either side as the ladies soon discovered. I couldn't put this book down!
Marie
Actually, I'd give this book almost 4 stars! Surprisingly entertaining - well written little chica book. Yes, it's about divorce - - and what happens to all involved before, during and after said D. Beautiful relationships, especially Kevin (love him) and Elle (a spitfire redhead). I was thoroughly entertained and needed a break from 'heavy' novels, biopics, etc.
Mary
You can read my review here

Susan (The Book Bag)
This is a great book. The subject could be rather depressing; a divorce, a break-up right before a wedding, and all of the characters trying to put the pieces of their lives back together. But it is very well written with humor and wisdom scattered throughout the book.

The story is told using the point-of-view of both Jordan and Elle, the ex-wife and the new girlfriend. You get an understanding of what it is like to be on both sides of what can be a messy situation. You also get a little of the g
Itsjustme-wendy
I loved this book! I liked their other book - "I'll Have Who She's Having" but I liked this one even better!
I could connect with it right away, having had a divorce myself. I loved the Main Character - Jordan. I could really relate to her. She was selfish, and mean at times but I still loved her personality. I mean how many of us have not been a brat a few times?
Elle, the other female I could not relate to so much. I liked her just couldn't relate as much.
I don't know if either of the writers ha
Colleen Turner
I first reviewed this book for the blog luxuryreading.com

In The D Word, two women decide to take matters into their own hands and do what they initially think will make them happy. Jordan, a spiritual counselor (do NOT call her a psychic!) who has unfortunately been unable to see down the path of her own marriage, is no longer happy and asks her husband, Kevin, for a divorce without the benefits of trying counseling. As the day comes to finally sign the divorce papers, she realizes that Kevin se
Diana Baur
A nice, fast moving novel about divorce as seen from the perspectives of two women - one in love with a man, and the other his ex-wife, who is having a tough time letting him go completely. I enjoyed the back and forth, and because Lisa and Liz have such complimentary writing styles, there's a good dose of humor and a natural yin and yang to the book. Well done!
Heather
I loved the beginning and the end of this book. In the middle, I found myself wanting to kick Jordan. Hard. I liked Elle throughout, though, and very much wanted her to get a happy ending. A very few grammar issues but mostly very well written!
Kelly
Jul 10, 2011 Kelly added it
it was a good book..it did go back and forth between characters alot though but it was still a good read. I enjoyed it
Heather Rodriguez
Heather Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Nov 08, 2014
Donna Weber
Donna Weber marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Gmccs
Gmccs added it
Dec 19, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Janine
Janine marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Lindsey Vertin
Lindsey Vertin marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Jami Caldwell
Jami Caldwell marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Devon
Devon marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Kourtney
Kourtney marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Daphne
Daphne marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Jeri
Jeri marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke have been best friends for 25 years and survived high school and college together. Liz lives in San Diego, CA with her husband and two children. Lisa, a former talk show producer, now lives in Chicago, IL with her husband, daughter and two bonus children.

Their debut novel, YOUR PERFECT LIFE, about two childhood best friends who switch bodies at their twenty-year high sc
More about Liz Fenton...