Start by marking “The D Word” as Want to Read:
The D Word

The D Word

Jordan Daniels and Elle Ryan thought their lives would become less complicated when they walked away from their respective relationships one year ago. But instead, they find themselves vying for a relationship with the same divorced man.

As a spiritual counselor, newly single mother Jordan Daniels makes her living predicting other people’s futures. If only she could foresee
Published May 17th 2011 by Amazon Digital Services (first published May 16th 2011)

Samantha Janning
Jun 16, 2011 Samantha Janning rated it really liked it
Jordan Daniels knows her marriage to Kevin is over. Even though they have a young son together, Jordan hasn’t been happy, and knows she wants more. But a year after she files for divorce, Jordan isn’t so sure she made the right choice. Even more frustrating- her career. Jordan makes a living as a spiritual counselor, and relies on her feelings and dreams to help others see their future. But she can’t see hers, and wonders if it’s too late to get Kevin back. Kevin seems to have moved on easily fr ...more
Meredith Schorr
Jun 27, 2011 Meredith Schorr rated it really liked it
This book had me hooked from page 1. First I ordered the free sample on my Kindle but after 30 pages, I had to keep going. The characters were just so real and I literally felt Jordan's pain as she watched Kevin falling for another woman right when she decided that divorcing might have been the biggest mistake of her life. I was rooting for a different ending and when it became clear a little past the half-way mark who would end up with who, I admit to not being as excited to pick it up but I go ...more
Alison Fees
Jul 21, 2011 Alison Fees rated it it was amazing
I was very impressed with "The D Word". The authors were truly able to catch all the great emotion of the characters and make you feel what they feel. Divorce can be a tough issue to tackle but the authors did a wonderful job. I loved that I was able to see each point of the situation from the ex wife and the new girlfriend. It is tough to be on either side as the ladies soon discovered. I couldn't put this book down!
Marie
Jul 23, 2011 Marie rated it liked it
Actually, I'd give this book almost 4 stars! Surprisingly entertaining - well written little chica book. Yes, it's about divorce - - and what happens to all involved before, during and after said D. Beautiful relationships, especially Kevin (love him) and Elle (a spitfire redhead). I was thoroughly entertained and needed a break from 'heavy' novels, biopics, etc.
Mary
Jun 04, 2011 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tour, ebook
You can read my review here

Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Jun 04, 2011 Wall-to-wall books - wendy rated it really liked it
I loved this book! I liked their other book - "I'll Have Who She's Having" but I liked this one even better!
I could connect with it right away, having had a divorce myself. I loved the Main Character - Jordan. I could really relate to her. She was selfish, and mean at times but I still loved her personality. I mean how many of us have not been a brat a few times?
Elle, the other female I could not relate to so much. I liked her just couldn't relate as much.
I don't know if either of the writers ha
Susan (The Book Bag)
Jul 10, 2011 Susan (The Book Bag) rated it really liked it
This is a great book. The subject could be rather depressing; a divorce, a break-up right before a wedding, and all of the characters trying to put the pieces of their lives back together. But it is very well written with humor and wisdom scattered throughout the book.

The story is told using the point-of-view of both Jordan and Elle, the ex-wife and the new girlfriend. You get an understanding of what it is like to be on both sides of what can be a messy situation. You also get a little of the g
Colleen Turner
Jul 09, 2011 Colleen Turner rated it really liked it
I first reviewed this book for the blog luxuryreading.com

In The D Word, two women decide to take matters into their own hands and do what they initially think will make them happy. Jordan, a spiritual counselor (do NOT call her a psychic!) who has unfortunately been unable to see down the path of her own marriage, is no longer happy and asks her husband, Kevin, for a divorce without the benefits of trying counseling. As the day comes to finally sign the divorce papers, she realizes that Kevin se
Diana Baur
Oct 10, 2012 Diana Baur rated it it was amazing
A nice, fast moving novel about divorce as seen from the perspectives of two women - one in love with a man, and the other his ex-wife, who is having a tough time letting him go completely. I enjoyed the back and forth, and because Lisa and Liz have such complimentary writing styles, there's a good dose of humor and a natural yin and yang to the book. Well done!
Heather
Jun 20, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: electronic, kindle
I loved the beginning and the end of this book. In the middle, I found myself wanting to kick Jordan. Hard. I liked Elle throughout, though, and very much wanted her to get a happy ending. A very few grammar issues but mostly very well written!
Kelly
Jun 22, 2011 Kelly added it
it was a good book..it did go back and forth between characters alot though but it was still a good read. I enjoyed it
Kerry Hk
Kerry Hk rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2013
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2014
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2011
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2015
Kaira Rouda
Kaira Rouda rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2011
Kristin (Always With a Book)
Kristin (Always With a Book) rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2011
Mike Fenton
Mike Fenton rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2011
Joelle
Joelle rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2011
Melissa Svec
Melissa Svec rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2012
Camille
Camille rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2011
steve jackson
steve jackson rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2014
Jami Caldwell
Jun 27, 2014 Jami Caldwell marked it as to-read
Will this ever be available in e-book form??
Dayna
Dayna rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2011
Deana
Deana rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2012
Sandi
Sandi rated it really liked it
May 30, 2011
  • Midnight Angel
  • The Last Page
  • Here, Home, Hope
  • Legacy: An Anthology
  • Telling Details
  • Beginning Again
  • Dear Cupid (Texas Heat Wave, #2)
  • Man Against the Future: 17 Topflight Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Yarns.
  • Divine Appointments (Snowglobe Connections, #2)
  • The Memory Box (Comfort Crossing #2)
  • Maria Lucas: A Short Story in the Personages of Pride & Prejudice Collection
  • With Just One Click...
  • Recession Proof
  • Letters From the Ledge
  • Scream Angel
  • The View from Prince Street
  • Where the Heart Is
  • Boob Tube
Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke have been best friends for 25 years and survived high school and college together. Liz lives in San Diego, CA with her husband and two children. Lisa, a former talk show producer, now lives in Chicago, IL with her husband, daughter and two bonus children.

More about Liz Fenton...