Start by marking “Intern” as Want to Read:
Intern

Intern

A powerful novel of political intrigue, sexual indiscretion, and betrayal follows the mysterious disappearance of April Wayne, the beautiful aide to California State Senator Eric Barry, and the aftermath that forever changes the lives of two women--Suzanne Barry, the Senator's wife, and Gloria Wayne
Published January 1st 2004 by Mira Books (first published February 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Intern, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intern

Jan
Dec 31, 2013 Jan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-copy
An unfaithful politician, his fragile wife, a missing mistress and her frantic parents could easily, unfortunately, be a story from any number of newspapers in the last decade. I knew the "who" but not the "how" of it all and wondered what the author could have done to make the reading more enjoyable and then realized that the subject matter had a lot to do with it. A definite C-.
Debra Jeakins
Aug 30, 2016 Debra Jeakins rated it it was amazing
A friend of mine gave me this book to read,she said it was right up my alley,she was right! INTERN BY BONNIE HEARN HILL is a fast paced thrill ride & you dont know who did it till the last chapter. You can guess, but I can guarantee you will be wrong!

Political sex, lies & half truths, INTERN takes you into the life of Senator Eric Barry. His young intern, April is missing. Is she just mad at him or is she dead? And if she's dead who killed her? The Senator? His wife? You dont know until
Roderick
Dec 21, 2014 Roderick rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mystery reader
Recommended to Roderick by: Eve Hinson
Its, meh, an alright book, not the very best but honestly I just didn't love it as much as I thought i would, and I'm a huge fan of Bonnie's work. But on the other hand I did enjoy the character development and that sort of sense of revenge amongst them as one girl causes the events to fall into place. I don't really hate this one I just wanted a bit more from the book, Bonnie, Your work is great, but please give me more in your next one (looks at killer body)

So let me tell you all why.

I'll do w
Anita Mott
May 12, 2016 Anita Mott rated it it was ok
This was almost painful to read. Every chapter is about a different person. It was hard to remember what the person was doing/thinking four chapters ago. My husband might like it though. He has LBD so his short term memory is disappearing. Perhaps the short chapters will appeal to him.

The story itself is only "OK." It was a given from the start that the Senator had killed the intern. Are women really that stupid to allow themselves to be physically hurt? Many things in this book were hard to be
Heather Williams
Feb 26, 2014 Heather Williams rated it really liked it
Some of the subject matter in this book hit very close to home for me. In that aspect, it was a tough read, because it dredged up some heavy emotions. Bonnie did a great job at creating a page turner. This was a good read.
Kristen
In this stellar stand-alone thriller novel from Bonnie Hearn Hill, Intern, this story was similar in nature and ripped from the news headlines. April Wayne was a 23-year old young woman who interned for the senator and had it all, when she had a promise of love from a married man and threw it all away. Later when she disappeared, the senator became the main suspect. This story was two from two POVs, April's mother Gloria, and the senator's wife Suzanne. Gloria would do anything to find and save ...more
Feb 04, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it
My friends kept asking me as I was reading the last few chapters if I was okay...I wasn't
Tisho Jessop
Jul 20, 2014 Tisho Jessop rated it it was ok
Quick read. I was hoping for a surprise twist ending, but alas there was none.
J. Ewbank
Sep 17, 2010 J. Ewbank rated it liked it
Shelves: novel
This book by Bonnie Hearn Hill is an interesting read but not the best I have rad on the topic. It had enough interest to keep me reading but not enough to really grab me like a few have done.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the 'Isms'"
Aaron Ritchey
Jun 01, 2012 Aaron Ritchey rated it liked it
I read this book after meeting the author, and was pleasantly surprised. Hill has experience as a journalist, and you can really tell with her attention to detail. While I'm not sure the more "paranormal" chapters works for me, the whole trip was worth the read.
Lee
May 29, 2012 Lee rated it really liked it
A "ripped from the headlines" type book with the unfaithful politician, his fragile wife, the missing mistress and her heartsick parents. The author presents the story from the various points of view of the key characters.
Molly Schultz
Jun 04, 2010 Molly Schultz rated it liked it
I enjoyed the writing format of the book - alternating between characters as the action escalates.
Kat
May 03, 2012 Kat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The bad guy gets his come uppance and moderately happy endings all around.
Libby
Sep 10, 2013 Libby rated it liked it
Shelves: bonnie-hill
Pretty good book. Held my interest and I didn't guess the ending .
Nicole
Feb 12, 2011 Nicole marked it as to-read

I'm Excited to Read this.
D.
Oct 30, 2008 D. is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
in process
Rosie
Jun 01, 2009 Rosie rated it it was amazing
loved it
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Susan Barton
Susan Barton marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Sheila Bass
Sheila Bass rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Wade Long
Wade Long rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Patrice Johnson
Patrice Johnson rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2016
Joan Harris
Joan Harris rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Nicole
Nicole added it
Apr 24, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Tracy
Tracy added it
Feb 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
120361
Bonnie Hearn Hill is the author of six thrillers from MIRA Books, the Star Crossed young adult series, and the new Kit Doyle series, IF ANYTHING SHOULD HAPPEN (2015) and GOODBYE FOREVER (2016). With Christopher Allan Poe, she wrote DIGITAL INK: WRITING KILLER FICTION IN THE E-BOOK AGE, a guide for novelists.

Her thrillers INTERN, KILLER BODY, MISTRESS, OFF THE RECORD, LAST WORDS, TIL MORNING, and C
More about Bonnie Hearn Hill...