Start by marking “Avenging Heart (Ignited, #4)” as Want to Read:
Avenging Heart (Ignited, #4)

Avenging Heart (Ignited #4)

Kris Young wants nothing more than to be a normal girl. Thrust into a life she didn’t ask for, and faced with a future that she does not want, she sets off an adventure that she hopes will lead to her freedom. With her best friend’s life, the future of the Kala-Skotadi war, and her own soul at stake, failure is not an option.

Old and new allies unite on a quest against the
Kindle Edition
Published March 8th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Avenging Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avenging Heart

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. MaasEmpire of Storms by Sarah J. MaasLady Midnight by Cassandra ClareGlass Sword by Victoria AveyardHeartless by Marissa Meyer
YA Novels of 2016
1,116 books — 8,576 voters
Lady Midnight by Cassandra ClareThe Winner's Kiss by Marie RutkoskiMarked in Flesh by Anne BishopFire Touched by Patricia BriggsMidnight Marked by Chloe Neill
March 2016 Releases
70 books — 88 voters

More lists with this book...

Desni Dantone
Mar 23, 2016 Desni Dantone added it  ·  (Review from the author)
COMING 3/8/16
Feb 07, 2016 Laura rated it it was amazing
Although I’m sad to say goodbye to such an exciting Greek-myth, paranormal YA series, Avenging Heart was a gorgeous finish, which left me more satisfied than most series-concluding books I’ve read. Certainly one of my favorites, and I highly recommend.

This book jumps right in where Salvaged Soul (book 3) left off, with the battle-hardened, somewhat mis-matched group of young kala hybrids and their demi-goddess leader as they begin their journey across the world to uncover and prevent Circe's (Kr
Lesley
Right around a 4.5. I rounded up because this was such a great series, and Avenging Heart was the perfect conclusion. I will definitely miss these characters!

Plot:
Kris, Nathan, Alec and the gang (which now includes Lillian) try to defeat the evil demigods, end Circe's curse, save the Hybrids and Callie, and rescue Hecate from the Underworld.

Characters:
All of the characters are more likable than ever. I love how the relationship between Kris and Nathan has progressed, but what I love even more i
Lissa Hawley
Feb 05, 2016 Lissa Hawley rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC if this book from the author, which in no way effects my review.

This was an epic roller coaster ride to a perfect ending of a well written series.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who has read the previous books. And if you haven't read the previous books, I recommend you read them and then read this one. You won't be disappointed.
Suzanne
Jul 12, 2016 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015

At times I felt things came together too easily. A good ending but I was left with a couple of questions
Susan Ney friedlander
Mar 08, 2016 Susan Ney friedlander rated it it was amazing
What an amazing series!!!the characters had such awesome chemistry. The ending was so great!! I laughed and cried throughout the entire series!! Highly recommend this series!!!
Chelsea
Nov 14, 2016 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Just fun.

This series was just plain fun. Fun characters who went through great and thorough development. Interesting enough plot and far enough out of left field to be unique and different.
Michelle
Nov 02, 2016 Michelle rated it it was amazing
What a great series!!!!!

Really I loved the ending to this story and to the series. I read the first novel then just had to get the rest! Zdesni is such a great author, she has you falling in love with the characters and rooting for the, the whole time. I
Chantal
Oct 02, 2016 Chantal rated it really liked it
Wonderful conclusion

This bok was great and all loose ends were tied. Definitely recommend this series to everyone! Desni Dantone, you rock!!!
Helen Martines
Sep 29, 2016 Helen Martines rated it it was amazing
A Great Series

I fell in love with the characters. I'm actually sad now that I finished the series. The series was wrapped up perfectly. My favorite character turned out to be Alec. Wish we could get a story for his future.
Laura DeSimone
Sep 26, 2016 Laura DeSimone rated it it was amazing
I loved the book and I am sorry to see it come to an end. The characters were wonderful and while readings their story you could almost feel the turmoil they were going through. Reading this book you realize that love will prevail in the end.
Tamara Lynn
Sep 25, 2016 Tamara Lynn rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Absolutely amazing ending to a wonderful love story. Definitely a page turner. I loved the first 3 and number 4 didn't disappoint. Once I started couldn't put it down.
Valerie Worster
Sep 19, 2016 Valerie Worster rated it liked it
Happily ever after

Loose ends are wrapped up with lots of action, but sometimes it felt like things were a little too easy. It seems like it should be a little harder to kill a demigod, but who am I to say? I'm a fan of happily ever after school, so this was nice.
Charlotte Brandom
May 31, 2016 Charlotte Brandom rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: people who really need to finish off the series
2.5 Stars

I'm very sad to write this as I've really enjoyed the previous books in the series. But this was bad, like really bad for me. The reason for the 2.5 stars is that I did enjoy parts of the book, and it did tie up the loose ends. But I didn't like how it did it.

Even before the train wreck that was the ending of this book, for supposedly super awesome incredibly difficult to beat demigods, they were pretty bloody easy. I didn't feel excited, or tense or worried before any of the battles.
Kallie Kennon
Mar 12, 2016 Kallie Kennon rated it it was amazing
First of all there are no other words other than fantastic. Avenging Heart by Desni Dantone was one of the best friends I have had the pleasure of reading. The whole Ignited Series was incredible and an emotional ride. Avenging Heart had so many emotions coming out as it was happy, laughing, sad, incredibly sad, and angry.

Avenging Heart was the final story of the Ignited Series that was about how Kris, Nathan, Alec and their group were going to stop the demi gods in order to save everyone. Kris
A Tribe Called Books
Jul 20, 2016 A Tribe Called Books rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-pnr
Since the beginning of this series, I've been totally hooked. Kris, Nathan and Alec are the core, but along they way some of the others etched their way to my heart.

In the finale of the Ignited series, I found myself taken aback to its beginning and how each of the characters evolved. To may that's what makes a perfect story. Trial and error, building relationships, and working together to find an end result.

In this case, my perfect ending would have been differently, with a different guy lol. N
Jennifer G
Mar 15, 2016 Jennifer G rated it it was amazing
Avenging Heart is the perfect ending to this wonderful series and I was never disappointed. I enjoyed this world of Greek mythology from the first page of book one to the final page of this book. It is written in the dual point of view from Kris and Nathan which I love and touches on every emotion possible. I laughed, cried, loved, hated, was leveled and then soared.

I am sad to see the story of Kris and Nathan, Callie and Alec, Jared, Bruce, and Gram end, however Desni Dantoni told it perfectly.
Luckypenny
Apr 19, 2016 Luckypenny rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK. It was perfect, I can't fault it.

I loved the entire series so, so much!! Now I want to go back and write reviews for each book so that more people read this series!!

Anyone who reads YA needs to read this series. It is well thought out, the characters are amazing, the underlying story is exciting, and there are funny aspects all throughout. So many twists and turns you could never, ever guess. And the love story/triangle is just ace, so well done, not lame, not boring just epi
Tracy D.
Mar 10, 2016 Tracy D. rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

What a great book! From start to finish, Avenging Heart keeps you at the edge of your seat.

Kris, Nathan, and the gang go on a final journey to stop the Skokadi and the remaining demi gods to fulfill the prophecy. But what will be the cost? From Mt. Olympus to the Underworld, they must travel to free Hecate and break the imortality curse created by Circe. Soon Kris will discover the fickleness of the gods, and learn that sometimes being a hero is highly over rated.

Emotions ran high in
Mandy
Mar 16, 2016 Mandy rated it it was amazing
I smiled, I laughed, I cried

I smiled, I laughed, I cried! From beginning to end, I was engaged. I genuinely felt the emotions of their incredible journey. Whether it was excitement, anxiety, or heartbreak!!
Excellent writing. The rhythm was good. Words came to life, as I could characters are well developed and worked well together. Kris is a great main Character, but my personal favorite is Alex!
Kudos to your editor.
P.s. I read 3/4 books a week. This is the first review I've written!
Barbara Strickland
Apr 10, 2016 Barbara Strickland rated it liked it
Good ending!
Loved that this was the book to tie all the bits and pieces together because you want the characters we have followed to have not so much a happy ending but a finish to their trials and tribulations. I have enjoyed this YA series and found it quite clever and novel in approach with the Greek Myths and modern day blend but it was time to end the series. Already so many adventures and dangerous situations were in themselves calling for the final battle.
Can't wait to see what comes next
Crystalvuletichotmail.com
Mar 13, 2016 Crystalvuletichotmail.com rated it it was amazing
Wow! I will not post spoilers since this was just released but WOW. What a wonderful ending. I did not see the twists coming w/ this book. I was completely shocked w/ Alec and Loved the relationship and how it evolved w/ Nathan and Kris. I knew it would be action packed since that is how these books have been since book #1 but you really out did yourself Desni with this one! thank you for such a wonderful and exciting series!
Lloyd L Wright
Mar 14, 2016 Lloyd L Wright rated it it was amazing
I laughed; I shed tears; I wondered if Kris would survive this whole ordeal. What a heart rending read. It’s an adventure worth taking. If you haven’t read the entire Ignited Series, do it now. There won’t be any room for disappointment. Desni Dantone lights the fuse in the first book, Ignited and the fireworks fill the sky in this conclusion. I would recommended this series for YA Paranormal Romance readers.
Anna D
Loveeee!!!

I love how this book was made!! The relationship between Alec, Nathan, and the whole crew!! Alec's character was hilarious!! Nathan.....I feel in love at the beginning!! I loved the cat-mouse Chase between Kris and Nathan. Kris was brave and killed it in this book!! Strong female role I absolutely love!! Thank you Desni for an amazing series!! I will be ready more of your future books!!
Ashley
Mar 11, 2016 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Be prepared for an emotional roller coaster.

Good Greek gods my head and heart were terribly distressed. This book is one of the best series finales I've ever read. All the action and mystery you've come to love in the Ignited series plus a good dose of heart break and espionage for balance. Read them all now, but be prepared for an emotional roller coaster that will leave you with a gigantic book hangover.
Kris
Jul 28, 2016 Kris rated it really liked it
Sarah Higdon
Apr 13, 2016 Sarah Higdon rated it it was amazing
I laughed. I cried. This book held you on the edge of your seat. You never knew what was going to happen next... I loved it. I wish I could tell you more about the book but then I would be ruining the whole thing. You just have to read it yourself. The author did a really good job on this book and the other books as well to this series. I couldnt be happier how it ended.
Stacie Ousley
Mar 09, 2016 Stacie Ousley rated it it was amazing
I loved it!!!!

I'm not big on writing long reviews so I'm just gonna say this, buy this series! I promise you won't regret it! This is probably the best ending to a series I've ever read. Thank you Desni for creating such a wonderful story with amazing characters. I'm sad to see them go, but I know I can also come back and fall in love with them all over again. :-)
Lisa P
Mar 21, 2016 Lisa P rated it it was amazing
Like the rest of the series, this one does not disappoint. I was not prepared for some of the things that happened- a bit on the Game of Thrones side. At times, resolving some of the situations seemed too easy. Just the same, good finish for the series.
Julia Clement
Mar 12, 2016 Julia Clement rated it it was amazing
Unexpected but awesome ending!

Loved the plots, characters and twists throughout the whole book. I never new what to expect next and I wasn't disappointed in the mystery. Great ending to an awesome series
  • Redux (The Variant Series, #3)
  • Warrior (Relentless #4)
  • Moonlight (The Guardian Legacies #3)
  • Unleash the Storm (Steel & Stone, #5)
  • Hoax (The Scarab Beetle, #5)
  • Anarchy  (Hive Trilogy, #2)
  • Dark Demon Knights (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #4)
  • Perfekt Control (The Ære Saga #2)
  • Behind the Marquess's Mask (The Lords of Whitehall, #1)
  • Redeeming Angel (Divisa, #5)
  • A Kiss and a Dream: Clean, Historical Romance (Love's Great War Book 6)
  • Chasing Eva
  • AQUA (The Arydian Chronicles Book 1)
  • Forever with You (Starlight Hill, #5)
  • Once Burned (Firehouse Fourteen, #1)
  • From Burning Ashes (Collector, #4)
  • Felicity and the Featherless Two-Foot (Felicity, #2)
  • Narine of Noe (Faerie Tales from the White Forest, #4)
I live in the quiet, middle-of-nowhere Everett, Pennsylvania with my husband and three sons.

I've been writing since I was eleven, after I swiped one of my mom's Dean Koontz books. I still remember the first one I read; it was called Darkfall, and kept me awake most of the night. Anyway, I was totally inspired when I learned that he came from the small rural town I called home (true story, I swear!
More about Desni Dantone...

Ignited (4 books)
  • Ignited (Ignited, #1)
  • Sacrificed (Ignited, #2)
  • Salvaged Soul (Ignited, #3)