Start by marking “Sweet Accord (Heartsong Presents)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Accord (Heartsong Presents)

Sweet Accord (Heartsong Presents)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A heartwarming story in which a conservative youth director and a liberal choir director must overcome their differing faiths -- and their pasts -- to find true love with one another.
Published January 1st 2003 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Accord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Accord

Barbara
"Close-minded, bigoted, and overweight" youth camp director and choir director Haley Cartwright describes herself to her cousin, Amber, in this lightweight novel about understanding those whose opinions differ from yours. Haley's unchristian behavior towards new minister/music director Matt Brandon (nee Dumaine), a more contemporary Christian than Haley with an earring and a motorcycle, makes her one of the most unlikable characters in the Steeple Hill Love Inspired line. At several points in th ...more
Clareece
I really loved this book. It was a GREAT love story. It was Christian based so it wasn't obscene/inappropriate. I plan to read more of these LoveInspired books (this is the 1st one I've ever read); my cousin likes them and some members (at least one) of my church like them.
Nancy
May 26, 2010 Nancy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
A good lesson in being understanding of those who may see things differently than you do.
Jessica Ussery
Aug 27, 2009 Jessica Ussery is currently reading it
So far in this book, a church has hired a new music director named Matt Brandon. The thing is, he is more contemporary than old time gospel. Most of the church members are ok with that because they think that they need something new. One young lady isn't ok with it. Haley Cartwright is willing to do almost anything to prevent Matt from changing things. They are put on a committee of two,so that they can come to an agreement or compromise. That is the last thing that Matt and Haley wanted. Well M ...more
Veronica
Meh. This book was a slow read. What I did like about it was that the huge debate over contemporary versus traditional music can be a major issue for churches and therefore its congregants. Although a seemingly petty argument to many it is close to some individuals' hearts and I appreciate that the author made this the main conflict.
Mevia
Better than I remembered. I can see why this book inspired me to read more inspirational romances like it. Love the people. Love the story.
Debra
It was an awesome book. I am not that big of a book reader, but this book is very well written. I have read it a handful of times.
Susan Kemp Maldonado
A Christian romance with a good story line. Kept me interested.
Shena
Shena marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Katie
Katie added it
Feb 02, 2015
Tj
Tj marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Genevieve Lewis
Genevieve Lewis marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Krystal G
Krystal G marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
Kim Cruz
Kim Cruz marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Something To Celebrate: The First Noel\Kwaanza Kupendi\Truly everlasting Hidden Riches Gabriel's Discovery Testimony Sweet Harmony