Start by marking “Frankenstein's Fright Before Christmas” as Want to Read:
Frankenstein's Fright Before Christmas

Frankenstein's Fright Before Christmas

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  18 reviews
'Twas the night before Christmas and poor Miss Devel
Was hassled and harried and not feeling well...
Off in the distance she heard such a clatter
She sprang from her slab to see what was the matter.
Off down the stairs she flew like a flash,
Threw open the doors just in time for the...
CRASH!"

Thelittle monsters, led once again by Frankenstein,have been busy getting ready for th
Published October 14th 2014 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Frankenstein's Fright Before Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frankenstein's Fright Before Christmas

The Stupidest Angel by Christopher MooreSanta Claws by Laura LeuckNight of the Living Eggnog by Kirk ScroggsMammoth Books presents Christmas with the Dead by Joe R. LansdaleFrankenstein's Fright Before Christmas by Rick Walton
Creepy Christmas
5th out of 14 books — 2 voters
Frankenstein Doesn't Slam Hockey Pucks by Debbie DadeyFrankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias by Debbie DadeyThe Bride of Frankenstein Doesn't Bake Cookies by Debbie DadeyFrankenstein Doesn't Start Food Fights by Debbie DadeySipping Spiders Through A Straw by Kelly DiPucchio
Children's Frankenstein Books
28th out of 28 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Whitney Rachel
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

great rhythm, funny story. huzzah!

Amy
Feb 19, 2015 Amy added it
Shelves: j-picture-books
Too much going on here. There are parodies of Madeline, The Night Before Christmas, and Frankenstein -- all jammed into the same book. Plus the rhymes have a choppy cadence at times, making it a challenging read-aloud. It was kind of cute that all the monsters got new heads for Christmas (I especially loved the little swamp monster guy), but it wasn't enough to save the book.
Sharon Lawler
Author Ludworst Bemonster, pen name for author Rick Walton and artist Nathan Hale, is back with another monster themed parody. Bemonster's last offering, Frankenstein: A Monstrous Parody, used Halloween as the backdrop. This time around, the monsters celebrate Christmas. Love the edit of the publisher on the title pages from Feiwel and Friends to Feiwel and Fiends.
Barbara
While Halloween might be the perfect time for a story featuring a Frankenstein monster, so is Christmas. This funny and sort of scary story describes how all the little monsters worry about missing Christmas and not getting a visit from Santa. They need not worry as this humorous book, filled with illustrations created with brush pens and ink, shows so perfectly.
Kitty
I read this one with the minions and we all enjoyed it. It was clever and cute and just the right amount of creepy. It follows the rhythm of The Night Before Christmas and gives it a bit of a twist. The story has more substance and is easier to follow than Frankenstein: A Monstrous Parody. Hoping to see Frankie return for other holidays.
Rachel
Copyright: 2014
Genre: Traditional Literature
Thoughts: This cute book follows The Night Before Christmas pattern. This particular book has a twist and it includes monsters receiving new heads from Santa for Christmas. This was cute but probably not something that I would share with my class.
Alexandra Calaway
Had high hopes for this one, because I love holiday mashups, but the prose was disjointed and awkward. It was a great idea but I'm afraid the execution was poor. Also..Frankenstein is not Frankenstein's monster...pet peeve.
Shelli
Nightmare Before Christmas and ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas mashup. Love it! Super fun holiday or anytime book to share with your kiddos who enjoy a dark humorous read.
Cidney Mayes
An odd Christmas tale that incorrectly labels Frankenstein's Monster as "Frankenstein." Personal issue, but still. Combines elements of "Madeline" and "T'was the Night Before Christmas."
Marcie
Like this parody more for the Madeline illustrations. As a read aloud it is more awkward than most of the other Rick Walton books that I love to read aloud.
A fun Night Before Christmas retelling. With cute monsters.
Beverly
A quirky twist on the original with funny comic illustrations.
Margaret
Love it! Very fun book.
Karin
This is a super fun Night Before Christmas parody. Nathan Hale is the artist and I love him! Great job.
Kerrikoala
This didn't leave me "shrieking with laughter," but it was better than the first one.
Samantha
A parody of Twas the Night Before Christmas that mixes Halloween into the Christmas festivities.

Nice read aloud that met my expectations. The school-agers I shared it with had a great time "reading" the pictures for action.

PreK-2.

Malini
Malini added it
Mar 27, 2015
Thomas Crisp
Thomas Crisp marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Born and raised in Utah, Walton is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Mormon Church. He served as a missionary to Brazil from 1976 to 1978, soon after he graduated from high school. Later, at Brigham Young University, he became president of the Brazil Club. In 1980, he graduated from Brigham Young with a bachelor's degree in Spanish and a minor in Portuguese, the lang ...more
More about Rick Walton...
Frankenstein Mini Mysteries: 20 Tricky Tales to Untangle (American Girl Library) So Many Bunnies: A Bedtime ABC and Counting Book I Need My Own Country! Once there was a bull...frog