Start by marking “HUSH” as Want to Read:
HUSH

HUSH

For Jane, it started with a stolen kiss, a stolen innocence, a false love promised by a “so-called” boyfriend who turns Jane into “Diamond”: schoolgirl by day, teen prostitute by night. And as much as Jane yearns to escape, to speak up, she can’t.

Manipulated by pimps. Threatened with violence. Dependent on drugs will be nothing compared to what Jane unravels: an undergrou
Published January 1st 2014 (first published April 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about HUSH, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about HUSH

☆Joycedale☆
Jun 25, 2014 ☆Joycedale☆ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
More than a few typos otherwise I would've given it 5. The writing style isn't great but it was one of the most bleeped up stories I have ever read. Take the authors 18+ warning serious, its definitely isn't for the faint of heart.

My heart is immediately captivated by Jane and having read the blurb I know what's gona happen to her. She see's warning signs but she's 14 doesn't understand them. This is a horribly twisted story that I couldn't put down. Just when I think it can't get any worse it d
Chelcee Williams
Dec 02, 2014 Chelcee Williams rated it did not like it
Desperately in need of an editor.

The storyline of this non-fiction book was solid, the book itself is far from that. The grammar alone made me want to quit reading halfway through. I finished it by literally skimming pages because I couldn't handle all the mistakes.
Elida
Feb 20, 2014 Elida rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay this book was so freaking disturbing ...I almost couldn't finishes the book. Jane is a 14 yr old girl that is befriended by a girl name Tanya who has brother name Dominic. Well Dominic rapes Jane making her think that it 's okay and manipulators her of thinking she's going to be his girlfriend. Wrong ...This is part of plot of exploiting young girls in this some time of sex slave organization that is run by Dominic ,some so called play cousins ,Dominic' s father, and most of all the ...more
Amanda
Jun 29, 2014 Amanda rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought that I had read some pretty bad stuff in some books but this book is so disturbing and horrible and the worst I've read. I only kept reading because I was waiting and hoping for Jane/Diamond to escape somehow and start her life over or even get revenge. I thought that maybe she would even fall in love with Mr. Church and he would help her and the other girls escape or something but nothing good ever happens in this book! I just pushed through and kept reading but it just gets worst as ...more
Philip Wardlow
This book should open your eyes to the dynamics of how a little girl's mind slowly disintegrates when it is basically slowly beaten down and made to participate in the organized world of sex trafficking.

The book is not a pretty look at this side of the fence in the sex trade (nor should it be in my opinion)...no faint of hearts should venture here if you cannot take the realism of what life can really be like for girls in this life.

My only problem is the meandering of the plot and the overstatem
Raquel
Mar 26, 2015 Raquel rated it did not like it
I'm an admitted grammar nazi. I find mistakes in every book I read. That being said, I am still able to read most books anyway. This book was NOT one of those. I literally had to re-read so much that I got annoyed and just stopped. The main character was a weak person and whined & questioned herself constantly. I guess I'm into stronger heroines, who, even when they have weak moments, they are at least trying to fix things. This girl just takes it & takes it never questioning the motives ...more
Kaitlin
Apr 26, 2015 Kaitlin rated it it was amazing
Great book.

Very good book. I didn't expect for it to end up the way it did, but it was good. Deciding whether to read the next one or not. I didn't know the book was very realistic to prostitution.
Nikki ღ Navareus
The story writing was tight. De La Chapa can definitely write. Took me a long time to finish this book though, because it was so brutal, horrifying and depressing to read. Horribly sad story.
Peggy Mease
Oct 16, 2016 Peggy Mease rated it it was amazing
Omg

Omg
This is some craziness stuff.
Very very good book can't wait to read the next ones.
Now on to the next one
Danielle Johnson
Jan 13, 2015 Danielle Johnson rated it it was ok
It's okay...

Don't worry, no spoilers.
The book is a good read and it's interesting. However, it is really hard to believe that anyone could be so naive and easily manipulated. I was actually pretty annoyed with Jane by the end of the book.
With that being said,
I am not sure if this is a true story or not, but the editing was not done well. There are many sentences that don't quite make sense and words missing letters. I can't remember the exact errors, but if you read often you will probably spo
Michael Taylor
Mar 07, 2014 Michael Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My thoughts

I am giving this story 5 stars, not because of the writing,but because of the story.As I read this book I found myself wanting to beat the shit out of someone.
At the end I knew who that someone was.
I know this is a work of fiction,but still I was very angry.
To think that those you love and depend on,especially your own parents could do this to their own child was disgusting.
I wanted to kill these pathetic people.
And even though I knew if the story continued she would surely get a bad
Molly
Feb 18, 2015 Molly rated it it was ok
Gut wrenching

So graphic, and I read American Psycho. It was difficult to read, and at times just felt the author could have eased up on the graphic description of abuse and told more of that story. To be honest, about half way through I just started skimming to see if Jane got away, got revenge, got anything! But she didn't and then close the end I was flipping pages at a time. I officially couldn't stomach the story.It I did read the ending and I hate the ending and it makes me want to own a g
Kristina
Apr 13, 2014 Kristina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
WOW

This book was absolutely painful to read. I felt so bad for this girl it was hard to even finish the book. The writing style was not the best. There were quite a few grammatical errors but it was still readable. The worst thing about this book was that there isn't a happy ending. This girls life literally just gets worse and worse. If you can't handle vulgar and offensive and also graphic reality based books this is not the book for you. I have read many books on this subject and this book wa
Lupee
Dec 01, 2014 Lupee rated it really liked it
The writing style of this author is really tight it has a way of grabbing you and take you into the story of Jane "diamond" the story made my heart ache made me want to scream,fight,and cry for Jane as each chapter ended .. there was parts of my book that was disturbing and made my skin crawl . But this book will definitely open your eyes about the sex trade world , yes parts of this book is completely disturbing but it is a book that will forever live in your mind and make you feel a wide range ...more
Rachael
Mar 17, 2014 Rachael rated it liked it
josh yoh
Jul 01, 2015 josh yoh rated it did not like it
I can't believe I wasted my time

I honestly don't know why i even started reading this book. I believe it was recommended after I read a true story about a famous abduction. The story is just sick. The ending is the worst thing I have ever read. I seriously wanted to vomit after reading this. Finally the spelling errors... who wrote this crap and whatever happened to hiring an editor? I won't bother with the rest of the series and I. Too embarrassed to even tell anyone I read this garbage.
Eoferwic
Jan 17, 2016 Eoferwic rated it did not like it
Awful writing. It's so poorly written that I couldn't get through more than a dozen chapters or so. Typos, grammatical errors, incorrectly used words - usually several per page. It distracted from the actual story.

Which actually is probably a good thing, because the story is also abysmal. The characters are so one-dimensional and caricatured that they're uninteresting. The plot itself just seeks to titillate but is predictable at every turn and - frankly - not worth reading.

It's as though it was
Big
Mar 16, 2016 Big rated it liked it
I don't know if that was such a good thing to give stars for this book. I mean does five mean you enjoy what happened to those kids? Does a one or two mean the book was bad or the situation?

Ms. Raine definitely brought her characters to life, predators and all. To do what they did to those children is just sick. Is there a fiction hell for bad book characters? If so, the adults in this book belong in the ninth ring.
Michelle Pittman
Dec 09, 2015 Michelle Pittman rated it it was ok
The story had potential, but unfortunately it was so laced with grammatical errors, that I felt I was constantly correcting the writing in my head. it also annoyed me that the writer continuously used 'cause instead of because. it is literally just one more keystroke. There is a difference between to and too; not once was too used where it should have been. As a reader, I just expect the writer to understand the basics of grammar.
Erika
Sep 09, 2015 Erika rated it it was amazing
So very real

For the first time in a long time I actually cried while reading. I wanted to jump through the book and save her. Shield her, protect her. I loved this book. I felt like I was there with her but unable to help. The sad part is things like this do go on right under our noses.
Alicia M Leonard
Eh

Read for free on kindle unlimited, if I had spent money on it I would have been angry. The writing and typos were awful, definitely needs A LOT of editing. Yet I still felt compelled to finish. At times the story was interesting, and at times I found the story to be absolutely over the top and preposterous.
Brittany
Feb 22, 2016 Brittany rated it really liked it
Ahdionna Shoffner
Jul 05, 2015 Ahdionna Shoffner rated it really liked it
A train wreck you can't turn from

The content of the story is hard to handle. Poor thing, bless her heart if this is truly a non fiction. The only reason it did not receive 5 stars is because of the very bad grammar. In parts it was hard to understand what she meant. Still an overall heartbreaking and compelling story.
Shamra
Apr 05, 2014 Shamra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a sick and demented story. I was appaled at the content of this story about a 14 year old girl who is forced into prostitution by people she trusts. I read it hoping there would be a silver cloud and she would escape her dementors, but I was disappointed. I cried in the process of reading especially half way through when I really understood what was happening.
 Jim Melville
Sep 08, 2014 Jim Melville rated it it was amazing
How would you feel ?

Considering the sewer she was raised in from Middle School onwards, how well could she express her feelings in prose and perfectly project her feelings in perfect grammar? The fact that she could reveal this at at all shows that she has more courage than most contemporary writers. Good for her!
Kathy
Mar 28, 2014 Kathy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What a load of rubbish! Spelling mistakes and grammar are awful!!
Gave up after a couple of chapters - storyline looked good but the awful way it was written just did not keep my interest! Waste of blooming time!!!
Tarayvia Rodriguez
Mar 27, 2016 Tarayvia Rodriguez rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I won't even bother with all the things wrong with this story because that would take all night, so instead I'll make this short. Sexual slavery of a minor, physical violence, incest. A bunch of sentences that begin with And, No plot, and the writing skills of a five-year old! Garbage.
KELLIE TAYLOR
May 26, 2016 KELLIE TAYLOR rated it really liked it
Interesting yet horrific

Even thou the details of the horrific things of sex trafficking will disgust you.. It will educate you of a world we didn't know actually exists among our rich and powerful...
carrie leggett
Oct 05, 2015 carrie leggett rated it it was amazing
very disturbing I was hoping thru the whole book that she would some how get away and to start a new life.... I think what makes it good to me is that it's real life stuff like this happens and we'll it is always pretty and it dosnt always end good like "pretty woman"
Lynnet Delaney
May 08, 2015 Lynnet Delaney rated it it was amazing
Outstanding book.

This book is going to stick with me for a while to come. Hard to read at times, a few times I had to put the book down and gather my thoughts. This book is full of twists and turns. Definitely worth reading.
  • Dissent
  • Serial, Volume Three (Serial, #3)
  • The Token 4 (The Token, #4)
  • HUSHED (Hush, #2)
  • Elicitation (The Training of Eileen, #1)
  • Mate: Part One
  • Enough
  • Watched (Watching, #2)
  • The Complete Philadelphia Series: Books 1-3 (Philadelphia, #1-3)
  • Just A Spanking: Tales of Dominance and Submission
  • South Row
  • Broken English (Broken Lives, #1)
  • Cached Out
  • Vicious
  • The Lost (Crow City, #1)
  • Zeke
  • Beautiful Losers
  • Darkroom (Darkroom Saga, #1)

“I constantly read to loose myself in someone else’s world, in someone else’s pain just to escape mine. ” 1 likes
“The Devil knows who to present himself to” 0 likes