Start by marking “Trapped in Death Cave” as Want to Read:
Trapped in Death Cave

Trapped in Death Cave

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  489 ratings  ·  43 reviews
A CURSED TREASURE!
Everybody thinks Gary's grampa died in a fishing accident. But from a note Grampa left, Gary suspects he was murdered. The note tells of a million dollars in gold hidden in a cave and an old Indian curse promising that anyone who touches it will die! Gary and his friend Brian are sure that if they find the gold, they will also find Grampa's killer.
But
Published September 1st 2002 by Aladdin (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Trapped in Death Cave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trapped in Death Cave

Mallery
i've read this book 2 times and it just keeps getting better!
Emily
My 4th graders love this book. I read it aloud every year.
Long Wang
As the blurb of the book says, people in the town thinks that Gary's grandpa died in a fishing accident, but he was actually murdered by a policeman in the town. Gary found out that he was murdered with the note his grandpa left, and the note tells him that there is a cave with golds that worth million of dollars and anyone who touches it will die. Gary and his best friend Brian went to search for the golds and believed that they will find the killer. They found the place, but the two children a ...more
Olivia
One of my husband's "old favorites" that he read with our boys, I gave it a try. It was pretty good, though the author didn't have much respect for his audience's intelligence. When there are only four characters, the bad guy becomes pretty obvious pretty quickly.

Mostly it served as a reminder that children's books have changed an incredible amount in 30 years. Some of that is good (kids are reading books of a size that I would NEVER have been able to predict in my years as a librarian watching
Territy
TRAPPED IN Death CAVE. this book is about a boy who has this friend and this woman is a very nice lady and the mudrer was um. The man at the shop where the boys always buy their pop. Then the lady and brian they walked into the cave and then they found the boy and then they almost drowned an then they all jumped in the box and then they handed up all the gold

THE END.
Isabella Lanthada
i think that trapped in death cave is a good book
Emily Cornell
great children's book (like, seriously)
Austin
Brian and his friend Gary are looking for Gary's grandpa killer and also they're looking for gold.When Brian goes to Oklahoma for the summer to see his friend Gary but when Gary gets kidnapped by a stranger Brian must find his friend and the gold before he loses his friend forever.

The genre is Mystery and my favorite part is when Brian and Gary go to a house to find out who stole their map,I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery.
Cullan
Jul 23, 2008 Cullan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Elementary / Middle School Boys
Wallace is amazing at capturing the voices of these children. And brings to life the mystery and magic surrounding a part of America so often overlooked. As a fellow Oklahoma writer, I certainly look up to his accomplishments and I even penned a certain homage to this particular book - a childhood favorite - in my short story, "The Iron Door: Curse of the Sierra Jumanos." Wallace, you rock!
Angie
This is a great adventure book for kids, full of mystery, hidden treasure, missing maybe murdered grandpas, and the town witch. Although probably geared more for boys than girls, I read it and re-read "Trapped in Death Cave" all through my elementry and middle school years and then I read it to my kids as soon as they were old enough. It's always been one of my favorite stories.
Sarah (readaholic)
Sep 21, 2008 Sarah (readaholic) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who have the time to solve a mystery
Recommended to Sarah (readaholic) by: no one i just found it in the store so i bought it
This book is a really low grade level but i thought it sounded like it would be a "scary Book" so i read it i think it was okay. It is about two boys one of the boys (Gary) his grandpa died or so everyone thinks there is a note left so Gary and Brian go into the Death Cave to find the gold they think that if they find the gold they will find Gary's Grandpa's killer
Timber
I enjoyed reading this book when I was a kid, so I thought my kids would enjoy me reading it to them. They loved it! The plot moves quickly, isn't overly complicated, has a witch, snakes, bones, a cave, and a twist on who the bad guy is (ok, really obvious twist, but they're too young to catch it haha)--overall, plenty of excitement! Fun read with the kids! :)
Yakari
I just finished this book last night with my family and I just loved it! It was soo cool and everything. At first I will admit it was kinda boring and I wasn't interested but then you know I started to really get into this book and I really did enjoy it.
Kirsten Murphy
I love this book! I remember my 5th grade teacher reading this book aloud to us in class and it made such an impression on me then that I as a teacher I have read it aloud to my students and as a librarian I have recommended it many times over.
Robert.campos
it was vey gay
Erin
My mom recommended this for the boys and they were glued. I confess that it was the first book we actually finished reading. Samuel is not interested in reading at all and he really got into this one! Great for K-3 boys.
Haruki
This was quite an interesting story...it was never enough for me to just read one chapter but to read more! A highly suspenseful story that makes you become a part of the characters.
Hannah
I think this book was perfect for me to read.
It was VERY good and has a couple of scary parts to it.
I love reading books that have something scary about them.
Tiffany
Yep. Good scary little book to read as a kid. I was about...11, I think? It had just enough creepiness and story to balance out for my age at the time. I liked it.
James
I read it when I was in middle school and plan on sharing it with my son soon as it was one of the books that really got me excited about adventure stories.
Trey Rodasta
this a great book. I find a good read and it would be a good book for young adults. if there was more tragedy I think it would be a 5 star book for me.
Maggie
This book was mysterious and my teacher kept stopping at the best parts when she was reading it to my class and I! I couldn't WAIT to finish it!
Katherine
I loved mysteries as a kid, and this is one that I remember just loving! It is currently on my shelf and soon I will read it to my children!
Emily
This book could have ended a little better. I would have ended it differently, but overall it had a lot of excitement and mystery.
Cody Kabisa
i dont really remember this book but i remember that someone got murdered and that his treasure was hidden in a cave filled with creatures.
Forever Emerald
i have this book and i love it because it holds to ,expaccially when they get to THE DEATH CAVE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
difficult to get into for some children, but very suspenseful once engaged...wonderful kid's adventure by Bill Wallace
Chris Sullivan
First book I ever read. Later, convinced my 5th grade teacher to read it to the class during story time.
Caleb
For a horror book. This is amazing. Not only would this be horror, it's also a mystery book.
Luke
Every young boy should read this. My imagination ran wild with this one!
  • Someone Was Watching
  • When the Dolls Woke
  • Thunder Cave (Jacob Lansa, #1)
  • Who Killed Harlowe Thrombey? (Choose Your Own Adventure, #9)
  • The Dollhouse Murders
  • The Not-Just-Anybody Family (Blossom Family, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Mixed-Up Zoo (The Boxcar Children, #26)
  • Forging of the Blade (Lowthar's Blade, Book #1)
  • Earthquake Terror
  • The Trouble with Tuck
  • Slake's Limbo: 121 Days
  • The Mysterious Matter of I. M. Fine
  • The Plant That Ate Dirty Socks
  • Dead Silence (Doc Ford, #16)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Best Day of All (Henry and Mudge, #14)
  • Flying High (DC Super Friends)
  • The Witch Who Was Afraid of Witches
  • Mayflower Treasure Hunt (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #2)
72012
Former elementary school teacher; West Elementary School, Chickasha, OK, principal, since 1977, and physical education teacher. Speaker at schools and universities in various states, including State University of New York and University of South Florida.

AWARDS:

Bluebonnet Award from Texas Association of School Librarians and Children's Round Table and Sequoyah Children's Book Award from Oklahoma St
More about Bill Wallace...
A Dog Called Kitty No Dogs Allowed! Snot Stew Pick of the Litter Red Dog