Start by marking “The Dust of Ancients (The Lynher Mill Chronicles Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Dust of Ancients (The Lynher Mill Chronicles Book 1)

The Dust of Ancients (The Lynher Mill Chronicles Book 1)

A curse uttered in the extremity of terror and death can reverberate for centuries. When the means to bring that curse to fruition are suddenly within reach, the innocents must look to their past to protect their future ... and their past wants no part of it.

Richard Lucas has been plagued by vivid and disturbing dreams since the death of his wife eleven years ago, and, de
Published January 16th 2014 by Lynher Mill Publishing (first published September 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Dust of Ancients, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dust of Ancients

Johnny
Jan 08, 2014 Johnny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
Lucy's Weight
Feb 01, 2015 Lucy's Weight rated it it was amazing
Both Amazon and Goodreads show fantastic reviews for this book so can't wait to start today (31.01.2015). A day later and I have finished the book! Wow what a read!

I am not normally into mystical books but the story wouldn't have been the same without it and the way the author combines the mystical element with what we see as normal everyday life is great. I also love the way that relationships between the characters in this book are developed and how they change as people through the life of th
Rebecca Bradley
May 18, 2014 Rebecca Bradley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
A stunning starting chapter sets the scene for this brilliant book that spans lifetimes of elemental faeries and humans. It took my breath away and sucked me in. I had to know where it was going to take me.

Enter Richard Lucas and co. who unknown to all but Maer, they are inextricably linked by past events and Richard will play a role he has no knowledge of but will pay the highest of prices for and several times over.

Nixon has written a wonderful book and spans time and continents with ease. I
Susan Roebuck
May 22, 2014 Susan Roebuck rated it it was amazing
At last I've found a novel that doesn't follow the tropes of thousands of fantasy novels coming out at the moment. The Dust of the Ancients combines legend and reality in a believable setting with characters the reader can identify with. Ms Nixon's imagination has been in top gear with this novel combined with the background of spooky legends that are rife in Cornwall - tales that have passed down through the generations so who's to know they're not true? I'll never walk on a Cornish moor again ...more
Astrid Tryon
Jul 25, 2014 Astrid Tryon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, favorites
I'm not finished yet, but this is totally up my alley. Great Fantasy! This book kept me reading on a plane (and I normally fall asleep on planes!) Can't wait for the second installment and I'm not even finished with this one!
Jane Roskilly
Jane Roskilly rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Ian
Ian rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2015
Flicsea
Flicsea rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2015
A.J. Lauer
A.J. Lauer rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Ambra
Ambra rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Lisa Campbell
Lisa Campbell rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2016
SA SINCLAIR LUNN
SA SINCLAIR LUNN rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Cynde Reneau
Cynde Reneau rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Angel Graham
Angel Graham rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Gillian Adams
Gillian Adams rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Shawn Latta
Shawn Latta rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2014
Diana Strenka
Diana Strenka rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2016
Sam
Sam is currently reading it
Aug 20, 2014
Cameluta
Cameluta marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Joanna Gawn
Joanna Gawn marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Danny
Danny added it
May 25, 2014
Danny
Danny added it
Jun 30, 2014
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Keith
Keith marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Lorraine
Lorraine marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Lezley
Lezley added it
Feb 17, 2016
Lisa Parker
Lisa Parker marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
BOOKAHOLIC
BOOKAHOLIC marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Montzalee Wittmann
Montzalee Wittmann marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Tara Sanchez
Tara Sanchez marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Linda Shields
Linda Shields marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
gary
gary is currently reading it
Aug 02, 2016
Leslie Smith
Leslie Smith marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2016
Harry Chapmam
Harry Chapmam is currently reading it
Nov 20, 2016
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2016
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2016
Terri was born in Plymouth in 1965. At the age of 9 she moved with her family to Cornwall, to a small village on the edge of Bodmin Moor, where she discovered a love of writing that has stayed with her ever since. She also discovered apple-scrumping, and how to jump out of a hayloft without breaking any bones, but no-one's ever offered to pay her for doing those.

Since publishing in paperback for
More about Terri Nixon...