Start by marking “Totally Disgusting” as Want to Read:
Totally Disgusting

Totally Disgusting

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  408 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Whoever heard of a name like Mewkiss! Ugh! How can a "Mewkiss" be brave? Why couldn't my Jessica call me "fearless" or "Ratkiller"? And why do I have to share a tub with a barky puppy named Barkus?

Actually... its nice to have somebody to cuddle up to. My real problem is rats. Two scary rats in the storm cellar are plotting to attack Jessica! What's a kitten to do? How do I
Published June 1st 1992 by Aladdin Paperbacks (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Totally Disgusting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Totally Disgusting

Tatum Chester
Oct 22, 2015 Tatum Chester rated it really liked it
Setting / Character-The setting is at someone's home. The main charachter mew kiss , is born and raised in the backyard barn of someone's house/farm. The kitten is left behind by his mother and is stranded in the barn . The setting changes to the inside of someone's actual house when a kid takes in the kitten. Mew kiss is given his name because he meows then the owner gives him a kiss. Mew kiss is bossy and gets agitated easily. He also doesn't believe things that are told to him.
Summary-mew ki
Dean Deters
Apr 16, 2015 Dean Deters rated it it was amazing
Summary-The story is about a cat named Mewkiss and he had a problem it was that he was scared of rats. Spoiler alert: in the begging his mom was taking the cats to the upstairs and him and his sister were the only tow left and a rat attacked them and ate his sister .So he is trying to get over rats.

Setting-The story takes place at his owners house with a dog and they get moved around the house a lot. I think it is important to the story because his owners live there.

Character Trait-Mewkiss ca
Ti Seta
Jun 30, 2014 Ti Seta rated it really liked it
This book really is a "Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover" Type. I'm not an animal lover, but if I didn't have a personal goal to read all the books in my bookshelf, I most likely would not have bothered reading this at all. Surprisingly I enjoyed it. It was entertaining, and hilarious. Leaves you feeling happy about life. Wouldn't be surprised if people would end up getting a dog or cat after reading this. It's absolutely delightful. A little short for my taste and was a bit difficult for me to r ...more
Brianna Shade
Jun 07, 2016 Brianna Shade rated it it was amazing
One of my absolute favorite books growing up (but I'm partial to cats and kittens). A bit sad for such a young intended audience, but it includes some great themes for emotional development - friendship, overcoming obstacles, and saying goodbye. I still own the paperback from when I purchased it over 20 years ago. This is one that won't be leaving my bookcase anytime soon.. unless I'm reading it :3
Cassie Borneman
Dec 16, 2009 Cassie Borneman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Mewkiss is a small kitten looking for her special person. She is horribly afraid of rats because her sister got killed by one when they were just kittens. She finds her special person. They're eyes met, "this is it," Thought the kitten. "Now I'm going to get a strong name, like fierce, or ratkiller, or hunter." But her special person ends up naming him Mewkiss. He says " when I say it slowly, it sounds like mew, and kiss put together. But when I say it fast, it sounds like mucus. How totally dis ...more
Michelle
Mar 04, 2015 Michelle marked it as to-read
Shelves: ref-booktalker
Listed as Q4 = Exceptional!, P4 = A book everyone wants to read
Christen Nix
Jun 27, 2014 Christen Nix rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite books as a kid.
Minahil
It was good.
Haley
Dec 11, 2014 Haley rated it it was amazing
this was my FAVORITE book as a child!!
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Sep 17, 2008 Krista the Krazy Kataloguer rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anne Nassar--for your daughter!
Another cute cat/dog story from Bill Wallace! He certainly knows his animal behavior. I felt a little sorry for the rats, though. I've got to read the rest of Bill Wallace's animal stories. Recommended for animal lovers!
Ej Murray-Clark
Nov 21, 2010 Ej Murray-Clark rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite books as a child. I read it so much it started to fall apart, and I'm very careful with my books. I have books that are ten year old and could be placed back on the book store's shelves.
Karen
Dec 26, 2010 Karen rated it liked it
This book inspired me to read all his books and I'm glad I did. This book is good but not my favorite. I suggest you start with this book and then read the rest.
Autumn
Nov 15, 2008 Autumn rated it it was amazing
this is one of the most adorable stories ive ever read as a child! the innocence of it reached deep into my heart!
Bookworm
I still read this book and I am 26, the first time I read it I was in the fourth grade, it's a comfort book for me.
Abbycat
Nov 17, 2011 Abbycat rated it it was amazing
I loved the strong and brave cat, Allergies was funny, and the sweet dog was just enough to get me hooked.
Lani
Sep 23, 2008 Lani rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
All I remember about this book is the main characther's name "Mewkiss"... But I know I read it several times.
Jaclyn
One of my absolute favorite childhood books. I read it so much the pages and cover fell off/out
Vanessa
Jan 19, 2012 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Totally Disgusting is an awesome book based on bravery and loving your " Special Person"<3
Brittnee
Jul 25, 2013 Brittnee rated it liked it
I read this when I was 8 and I remember it being sort of a guilty pleasure.
Kyleigh
very good book if tyou love animals you'll love bill wallaces books
Hayley
Feb 05, 2009 Hayley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like cat and dog stories than it is a good book.
Molly
Jul 18, 2016 Molly rated it it was amazing
a kitten and a dog become friends.
Kennedy123
i loved this book it was awsome!!!!
Amelia
Cathrine
May 10, 2009 Cathrine rated it really liked it
very cute
Ink Ribbon
Ink Ribbon rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2016
  • The Desperate Adventures of Zeno and Alya
  • Return to Howliday Inn (Bunnicula, #5)
  • The Trouble with Tuck
  • Poetry for Young People: Lewis Carroll
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Aliens: Tales to Warp Your Mind
  • The School Mouse
  • Harry Cat's Pet Puppy
  • Poetry for Young People: Emily Dickinson
  • Ereth's Birthday (Dimwood Forest, #3)
  • Tiny Rabbit's Big Wish
  • 101 Cataclysms: For the Love of Cats
  • We Can't All Be Rattlesnakes
  • The Westminster Shorter Catechism: For Study Classes
72012
Former elementary school teacher; West Elementary School, Chickasha, OK, principal, since 1977, and physical education teacher. Speaker at schools and universities in various states, including State University of New York and University of South Florida.

AWARDS:

Bluebonnet Award from Texas Association of School Librarians and Children's Round Table and Sequoyah Children's Book Award from Oklahoma St
More about Bill Wallace...