Start by marking “Totally Disgusting” as Want to Read:
Totally Disgusting

Totally Disgusting

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  336 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Whoever heard of a name like Mewkiss! Ugh! How can a "Mewkiss" be brave? Why couldn't my Jessica call me "fearless" or "Ratkiller"? And why do I have to share a tub with a barky puppy named Barkus?

Actually... its nice to have somebody to cuddle up to. My real problem is rats. Two scary rats in the storm cellar are plotting to attack Jessica! What's a kitten to do? How do I
Published June 1st 1992 by Aladdin Paperbacks (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Totally Disgusting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Totally Disgusting

Ti Seta
This book really is a "Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover" Type. I'm not an animal lover, but if I didn't have a personal goal to read all the books in my bookshelf, I most likely would not have bothered reading this at all. Surprisingly I enjoyed it. It was entertaining, and hilarious. Leaves you feeling happy about life. Wouldn't be surprised if people would end up getting a dog or cat after reading this. It's absolutely delightful. A little short for my taste and was a bit difficult for me to r ...more
Cassie Borneman
Mewkiss is a small kitten looking for her special person. She is horribly afraid of rats because her sister got killed by one when they were just kittens. She finds her special person. They're eyes met, "this is it," Thought the kitten. "Now I'm going to get a strong name, like fierce, or ratkiller, or hunter." But her special person ends up naming him Mewkiss. He says " when I say it slowly, it sounds like mew, and kiss put together. But when I say it fast, it sounds like mucus. How totally dis ...more
Michelle
Mar 04, 2015 Michelle marked it as to-read
Shelves: ref-booktalker
Listed as Q4 = Exceptional!, P4 = A book everyone wants to read
Christen Nix
This was one of my favorite books as a kid.
Haley
this was my FAVORITE book as a child!!
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Sep 17, 2008 Krista the Krazy Kataloguer rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anne Nassar--for your daughter!
Another cute cat/dog story from Bill Wallace! He certainly knows his animal behavior. I felt a little sorry for the rats, though. I've got to read the rest of Bill Wallace's animal stories. Recommended for animal lovers!
Ej Murray-Clark
This was one of my favorite books as a child. I read it so much it started to fall apart, and I'm very careful with my books. I have books that are ten year old and could be placed back on the book store's shelves.
Karen
This book inspired me to read all his books and I'm glad I did. This book is good but not my favorite. I suggest you start with this book and then read the rest.
Autumn
this is one of the most adorable stories ive ever read as a child! the innocence of it reached deep into my heart!
Bookworm
I still read this book and I am 26, the first time I read it I was in the fourth grade, it's a comfort book for me.
Abbycat
I loved the strong and brave cat, Allergies was funny, and the sweet dog was just enough to get me hooked.
Lani
Sep 23, 2008 Lani rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
All I remember about this book is the main characther's name "Mewkiss"... But I know I read it several times.
Jaclyn
One of my absolute favorite childhood books. I read it so much the pages and cover fell off/out
Vanessa
Totally Disgusting is an awesome book based on bravery and loving your " Special Person"<3
Brittnee
I read this when I was 8 and I remember it being sort of a guilty pleasure.
Kyleigh
very good book if tyou love animals you'll love bill wallaces books
Hayley
If you like cat and dog stories than it is a good book.
Kennedy123
i loved this book it was awsome!!!!
Amelia
vary good book
Sara
really good book
Hëäthër Mítćhéłł
Hëäthër Mítćhéłł marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Kelsy
Kelsy marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
  • Return to Howliday Inn (Bunnicula, #5)
  • The Trouble with Tuck
  • The Desperate Adventures of Zeno and Alya
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Aliens: Tales to Warp Your Mind
  • Ereth's Birthday (Dimwood Forest, #3)
  • Three Tales of My Father's Dragon
  • Harry Cat's Pet Puppy
  • The Adventures of Peter Cottontail
  • I, Houdini
  • Swordbird (Swordbird, #1)
  • We Can't All Be Rattlesnakes
  • Three Terrible Trins
  • Bible Stories for Growing Kids
  • Balto and the Great Race
  • How to Be Cool in the Third Grade
  • Back to Front and Upside Down!
  • The Ghost's Grave
  • The Ghost, the White House and Me
72012
Former elementary school teacher; West Elementary School, Chickasha, OK, principal, since 1977, and physical education teacher. Speaker at schools and universities in various states, including State University of New York and University of South Florida.

AWARDS:

Bluebonnet Award from Texas Association of School Librarians and Children's Round Table and Sequoyah Children's Book Award from Oklahoma St
More about Bill Wallace...
A Dog Called Kitty No Dogs Allowed! Snot Stew Pick of the Litter Red Dog