Start by marking “Dark Paradise” as Want to Read:
Dark Paradise

Dark Paradise

This novella used to be published on Wattpad but is no longer there. It can now be read in the anthology Moments in Time
ebook, Online Read

To ask other readers questions about Dark Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Paradise

warhawke
Aug 14, 2016 warhawke rated it really liked it
Shelves: general-fiction
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Type: Book 1.5 (standalone novella) from Dirty Angels series
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Leilani (Lani) Morrison was an artist out of inspiration. She went to Hawaii to be re-inspired and to escape - in more than one way. Her stagnant career and an unhappy marriage was slowly pulling her under until she came across a stranger that brought her back to the surface.

Esteban Mendoza charmed his way into her life. As a member of a Mexican cartel, he never made his invol
CC
4 Stars for Esteban

description

Lani Morrison is in the midst of an existential crisis, as she’s lost all hope in her marriage and career and just wishes to disappear for a while. Trying to regain herself and inspiration to paint again, she takes a trip to Hawaii where she meets an enigmatic surfer.

Esteban Mendoza is a high ranked member of a Mexican drug cartel who happens to surf the same beach as Lani. While surfing, Esteban sees Lani is in trouble and saves her from drowning.

“Some fear will kill you,”
Kim Bailey
5 "short, but oh-so-fucking-sweet" Stars

Wham, bam, thank you, mam!
This novella is pure perfection. I always love what KH writes ... but this one had an eloquence that I've yet to experience in her work. There was something special about our suicidal main character, Lani that had me completely captivated. Her voice was so well articulated. Her artistry shone through on each page. And of course, I adored how Este looked at her and saw within, straight to her friggin' soul.
"Sometimes people come
Lucia
Dec 03, 2016 Lucia rated it liked it
Short but intense and engaging. One particular kinky scene, that I will never forget! Karina proves that she knows how to blow my mind with her original ideas. Cannot wait for more Este in Dirty Angels series.
Nina
Jul 26, 2016 Nina rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. It was intense and bittersweet. And it might be short but there was so much depth to it and the characters that I didn't mind at all. I loved being back in the world we got to know in The Artists Trilogy...Dirty Angels can't come soon enough!
Sofia
Mar 09, 2014 Sofia rated it liked it

Read on Wattpad (unedited)

I liked the story but strangely I could not really connect to the characters, a link was not created between us. I do not think this was because of this being unedited, because that did not really bother me. Ms Halle can write a flowing piece very well which she did. It's just the intimacy with the characters that I miss.
Jackie White
Jul 19, 2016 Jackie White rated it liked it
2.5 Ah, this one fell flat for me. I didn't connect to the characters and the sex was forgettable. I really wanted to love this.
Sharon
Mar 09, 2014 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for the rest of this series and more Esteban.
Jenna
Mar 10, 2014 Jenna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-authors
Even though this is a novella is doesn't lack anything that you would expect from Karina Halle. In the brief amount of time it took to read this story I was drawn in. I have to admit I was a little disappointed when it ended I want more!
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book
"Lick me with your tongue, fuck me with the gun."

I've said many a times, Karina definitely has a way with words.

This short story can be found in the Moments in Time anthology.
Jaime
A great prequel to Dirty Angels i can't wait to read more of Esteban.
Toni FGMAMTC
May 28, 2014 Toni FGMAMTC rated it it was amazing
Super loved. Can't wait for more with Esteban and Dirty Angles! LOVED!

This story is related to the Artists Trilogy and the Dirty Angles series. I think the Artists Trilogy was amazing, and I can't wait for Dirty Angles.

This is about a woman who has lost her will to go on. There is no color in her world until Esteban comes into the picture. He swept me away right along with her. This short story is amazingly hot, just wow, and I mean WOW! It drew me in as much as a full-length novel. If this is
Ellie
Mar 12, 2014 Ellie rated it liked it
It's between 2 and 3 stars for me, actually.
I loved the general idea behind the story and the writing. I may sound like a prude, but the kinky sex scene was too much for me and I felt it was out of place and out of character for the heroine. I needed more background on Lani and her husband to really connect with them. I liked Esteban well enough and I'm looking forward to reading more about him in Dirty Angels.
Candy
Jun 18, 2014 Candy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Dark Paradise is a prequel novella to the Dirty Angels series. I actually read it after reading Dirty Angels, because I found myself really liking Esteban and wanting to read more about him. There was so much packed into this short novella. A definite must read if you read and loved the Artists Trilogy and Dirty Angels!!
Robyn
Mar 31, 2015 Robyn rated it it was ok
This was an okay read. I didn't feel connected to the characters and it all felt a little cheesy and over dramatic.
Tia
Jun 28, 2014 Tia marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-get
To read it on Wattpad, you have to make a profile and follow Karina Halle (khalle) in order to read it as it was pulled for content.
Carmen
How can a short story be a 5 star read? Esteban Mendoza on an island for business and finds a little bit of pleasure!

"Lick me with you tongue, fuck me with your gun."
Erika
Intriguing prequel to Dirty Angels, this was. I'm looking forward to seeing more Esteban. And Javier. Ohh, Javier.
C-Money
Mar 09, 2014 C-Money rated it it was amazing
amazing. As always. Short. Hot. Steamy. Perfections. Expectations are always blown out of the water when reading a karina Halle book
Grace
May 18, 2014 Grace rated it it was amazing
Loved this short story! Part of the Moments in Time Collection.

While there is a very shocking scene, not sure if it was bad enough to get yanked on wattpad.
Elina
Elina rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Jennie Dempsey
Jennie Dempsey rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2014
Adriana
Adriana rated it really liked it
May 23, 2014
NightRider
NightRider rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2014
Katrenna Vangilder
Katrenna Vangilder rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2014
Marilia Diaz vivo
Marilia Diaz vivo rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2014
Shelly
Shelly rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2014
Mar 11, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
Short yet AMAZING... I love Karina Halle. I NEED Dirty Angels, like yesterday!
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Heh? 3 24 Apr 21, 2014 05:48PM
  • Consumed (Keeping her in the Dark, #2)
  • Kissing My Killer
  • Hansel, Part Four (Hansel, #4)
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Sold Into Salvation
  • Tantalized
  • Capricious (Back to Bad, #1)
  • Her Master's Kiss 4 (Her Master's Kiss, #4)
  • On the Way Home
  • The Wrong Turn (Taken Hostage by Hunky Bank Robbers, #2)
  • Hindrance (The Excess, #3)
  • Twisted Rose (The Darkness Trilogy, #3)
  • Hellhound: Dogs of War (Hellhound, #2)
  • My Way (Irreparable, #5)
  • Hostage
  • Savagery
  • Hurt
  • Honor Bound (The Estate, #3)
Karina Halle is a former travel writer and music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today Bestselling author of Where Sea Meets Sky, Racing the Sun, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Dirty Angels and over 20 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her rescue pup, where she drinks a lot ...more
More about Karina Halle...