Start by marking “Destination Earth” as Want to Read:
Destination Earth

Destination Earth

Like Doctor Who? You'll LOVE the new action-packed adventure by Ali Sparkes - winner of the Blue Peter Book of the Year Award!

Imagine you are the only survivor from another planet. You've spent ten years on a spaceship learning how to be human, and now the end of your journey is in sight ...All you have to do is land safely, convince the earthlings that you're a real teen
Published June 5th 2014 by Oxford University Press

Kakawa
Mar 10, 2016 Kakawa rated it liked it
I read the book almost in one sitting , like i was on chapter 10 ( and the book has 33 chapters ) so from 10 to the end of the book, i didn't read the book in one sitting just because the book is awesome and so ! I just wanted to know what is the end of the story. In the first chapters the story events were so slow , then almost in the middle chapters it made me sitting like " what " there was a lot of questions unanswered so i went on reading. But in the last chapters the events were RUNNING ...more
Elizabeth Slater
May 05, 2015 Elizabeth Slater rated it it was amazing
I think this is definitely a book that I will re-read countless numbers of times as it s just very enjoyable. The humour provided by lucy, mixed with Emma's issues and Jay trying to be cool makes the book enticing and you just want to read on.

I liked how, despite all the planning, Lucy still had no idea how to fit n on earth and how the Cornelians are very physically fit, making her slightly more strange than she already was.

Lastly, I enjoyed how the ending showed how everything came together an
Eliana Grundy
Sep 19, 2015 Eliana Grundy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
every time I had to shut the book I always wanted to find out what happens next.

It was a brilliant read drawing you in the minute you start, always explaining things and funny when you needed a laugh. The perfect novel for children's reading and filling them with more imagination.
Rachael
Jun 30, 2016 Rachael rated it really liked it
3.5 very entertaining, some humorous sentences and play on words, fast paced towards the end.
Keertana Pillai
Oct 28, 2016 Keertana Pillai rated it liked it
It's a good book and has a somewhat okay plot, but I can't believe Ali Sparkes has chosen a topic that is so clichéd in sci-fiction!
Book Gannet
Jan 30, 2015 Book Gannet rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this tale of a space girl trying to fit in on Earth. Lucy has been travelling through space for ten years, preparing for the day she’ll reach her new home. During that time she’s watched loads of Earth TV, listened to the radio and learnt everything she possibly can about the planet she’s heading for. But ten years is a long time to live alone, without company, without touch, without anything but a hologram version of her mother for company. So when she lands and has to lie to ...more
Adam Kirtland
Aug 29, 2014 Adam Kirtland rated it really liked it
Lucy is alone, after successfully surviving an attack on her home planet she is now wondering the solar system in her spacecraft, only accompanied by her ever faithful Mumgram. Ten years have passed and she now has all of the necessary skills and knowledge to be a real human! Her next stop? Earth!

Unfortunately as we thought earlier, she isn't in fact alone. An alien responsible for the disaster that wiped out her planet has managed to secure a ride to Earth and is quickly setting its sights on w
Emeline
Apr 02, 2016 Emeline rated it really liked it
Honestly, who wouldn't love a book where the alien heroine holds the lead singer of Level 42 at gunpoint because she needs the power of their cheesy 80s music to defeat a parasitic alien species from wiping out life on Earth? Who couldn't love that?

I just loved this book from start to finish. For one thing, the world sorely needs more British YA sci-fi, and it was a breath of fresh air to open this book and find it taking place in my own country for once. That the protagonist was a courageous, e
Aug 18, 2014 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: good-reads
I won this book through Goodreads, First Reads.

Lucy is the only survivor when her planet is destroyed by Koth ... creatures intent on breeding in living hosts who are capable of wiping out an entire planet in days. It has took Lucy 10 years to travel through space to earth, little knowing that in 10 days time Koth will reanimate on the hull of her ship and threaten humanity.

A light hearted little read, I read this is just over a day as it's easy to get into and not too taxing. Leaps of the imagi
Margaret Pemberton
Dec 28, 2014 Margaret Pemberton rated it really liked it

As usual a really exciting story fom Ali Sparkes. This time the heroine is the last of her planet and her spaceship lands on the Isle of Wight where she is discovered by local children. However the lifeform that had destroyed her home had stowed away on her space craft and slowly awakens from a hibernation. The children have just a short time to try and save this world from utter destruction.
Karen Barber
Jul 19, 2015 Karen Barber rated it did not like it
Cover makes this look really exciting. It wasn't. I'm definitely not part of the target audience but there was little about this book I enjoyed. I also got a little weirded out by the Level 42 references-reading this I felt like I was the alien who'd wandered into a very odd alternate universe!
Anna Brookes
Jul 13, 2015 Anna Brookes rated it it was amazing
LOVED it! Ripped through reading this. Just couldn't put it down! I liked that there were no loose ends and everything ended well. I will be reading more from Ali Sparkes!
Vedika
Apr 01, 2015 Vedika added it
This is an extremely good book..I've reread it so many times but I never get tires of the story..If you like fiction then you should check this book out.
Katy Wheatley
Katy Wheatley rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2015
Sophie
Sophie rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Luula
Luula rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2014
Demi louise
Demi louise rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2015
Suz Korb
Suz Korb rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Squeakerkelly
Squeakerkelly rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Thai
Thai rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014
Regina Cattus
Regina Cattus rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2014
Will Reynolds
Will Reynolds rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Scarlett Jane
Scarlett Jane rated it really liked it
May 25, 2015
Vedika
Apr 18, 2015 Vedika rated it really liked it
Reenie
May 24, 2015 Reenie rated it really liked it
cool story aliens seem to be everywhere
Sivakarthik Dasari
Sivakarthik Dasari rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Morgan
Morgan rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Jazmin
Jazmin rated it did not like it
Jan 17, 2015
Elenor Jakobsson
Sep 13, 2015 Elenor Jakobsson rated it really liked it
Interesting story about a "girl" without family seeking a new life on earth.
Scott
Scott rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2015