Start by marking “For Time and All Absurdity” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
For Time and All Absur...

Robert Farrell Smith

For Time and All Absurdity

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  261 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Published 2007 (first published June 2002)

To ask other readers questions about For Time and All Absurdity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Time and All Absurdity

Susan
Jul 06, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Smith always delivers the most interesting characters. He makes me chuckle and warms my heart. This story didn't fail. Ian's been in love with Bronwyn since he was a boy. But, every time he gets close to her, he bumbles and stumbles. Finally, he gets his chance to "win the girl of his dreams" and ends up helping to solve their families' "financial crimes."
Ralynn
Apr 15, 2015 Ralynn rated it liked it
I couldn't help but laugh because you can so relate to those odd embarrassing dates.
Elizabeth Zundel
I didn't love this book (didn't hate it either). It was about a RM finally dating the love of his life. It was written by a guy about a guy and of course from the guy's perspective. Not really a romance as much as a series of events (many comical) that lead the main character, Ian, to where he wants to be in life. I felt no connection to the characters and if you had something else to read, I would probably skip this one. I got it from the library book sale, so if anyone wants it (after that glo ...more
Cindy
Jun 12, 2008 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lds, fiction, funny, 888
Just finished this one. Ian is a rather appealing, if goofy, character in search of true love. His family is slightly off center, and his dad is under suspicion of embezzlement. Ian heads off to college in pursuit of the girl he has loved for years, Bronwyn. But even when things seem to be going well, he can't help tweaking things a bit. Made me laugh at the hamster part.
Elaine Dransfield
A fun story told from the point of view of the guy (not change from it always being about the girl) who is awkward and has a difficult time finding the right things to say. Ian has had a crush on Bonwyn his entire life. I was frustrated for him throughout the entire,enjoyable book.
Brynn
Sep 27, 2008 Brynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
Recommended to Brynn by: hannah holladay and Kate elsey
I just finished this book, and i LOVED it!!!! it was so good! it is a book about this mormon guy named Ian and his obsession for this girl named Bronwyn. it takes you through a series of funny events that happen throughout his life! READ IT! you will love it!
Nov 13, 2009 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an easy quick read. It's not one of my favorites just because of the type of book it is - the unrealistic comic-type book. One main thing that was unrealistic to me was that he actually ended up with the girl he'd liked all his life.
Lisa Moreland
This book is delightfully witty. It makes a suspenseful turn towards the end, which doesn't really fit the author's writing style. But all around, I think this is a good book when you want something silly and easy to read.
Marie
Feb 12, 2009 Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: church-books, novels
This was such a wonderful book. It was hilarious and witty with church history and scriptural references throughout. I really enjoyed the foot in mouth experiences as he was attempting to date.
Kate
Jun 23, 2008 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. He has such an interesting way of writing, and I absolutely love it! Though his best books I wish they would turn into movies ONLY if they did justice to them.
Susan
May 11, 2010 Susan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lds-novels
This was my least favorite of Smith's books I have read. Maybe I'm just getting too old to enjoy college romance books. However, there were a couple of really funny parts.
Raymond Spitzer
May 07, 2011 Raymond Spitzer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this on kindle. I really enjoyed it. I laughed out loud a number of times. I read this very rapidly, as much a credit to the kindle as the quality of the book.
Valerie
Jun 03, 2012 Valerie rated it liked it
Not the greatest book. I didn't really feel like I understood the main character, but it was very funny in some places. I felt like reading and it was available.
Raya
Feb 12, 2008 Raya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book. The author writes in a witty and somewhat sarcastic manner. I love it. The book made me laugh through it. I am looking forward to read many more of his Novels
Katie W
A crazy story about a guy finding the girl of his dreams. So many wacky things happened that it almost seemed unbelievable, but it was funny just the same.
Julie
Feb 04, 2010 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book made me laugh out loud - numerous times. So read it if you want a laugh. It's a really quick read.
MJ
Aug 27, 2010 MJ rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was funny as a 'spoof' of all the over the top LDS romances out there (at least that is how I read it!).
Karie
Dec 14, 2008 Karie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kind of cute; kind of dumb. Not my kind of humor. The main character was such a dork that it was annoying.
Ella
Jan 10, 2009 Ella rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It started out slow but then picked up. It was funny, but I felt it was more written for YA not Adults.
Emilyn
Feb 27, 2008 Emilyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is a really funny book. My mom had a hard time reading it to us because she couldn't stop laughing.
Erin
Sep 06, 2008 Erin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not great but okay. It has a little mystery to it. Read if you don't have anything better.
Dianna
Nov 30, 2009 Dianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lds-fiction
Hilarious. Yes it's cheesy and absurd 1ds humor, but it's supposed to be, and I laughed hard!
Elizabeth
Apr 09, 2009 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute. The ending was a tad underdeveloped, but the characters were fun and silly.
Elizabeth
A good book if you are ever in need of a good laugh.
Becky Carrell
Oct 04, 2012 Becky Carrell rated it it was amazing
Definitely and easy and lighthearted read. I love it!
Torri
Dec 16, 2013 Torri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: proper-romance
Wow this book is really cute. I like it.
Katie
Tiff
Dec 31, 2008 Tiff rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
funny!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • A Fresh Start in Fairhaven (The Fairhaven Chronicles, #1)
  • The Ten Cow Wives' Club:
  • Meet Your Match
  • As Always, Dave
  • Earning Eternity
  • Previously Engaged
  • Altar-Ed Plans
  • The Makeover of James Orville Wickenbee
  • In Search of Heaven (Barrington Family Saga, #1)
  • One More River to Cross
  • Finding Paradise
  • Taking Chances (Alpine, #2)
  • Cankered Roots
  • Twice in a Lifetime (Rebekka, #3)
  • Rubies and Rebels