Start by marking “Learn the Bible in 24 Hours” as Want to Read:
Learn the Bible in 24 Hours

Learn the Bible in 24 Hours

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  225 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Scholars throughout the ages have devoted lifetimes to studying the Bible. But for most of us, this simply isn't practical or possible. For those who have tried and failed to initiate a program of personal Bible study, "Learn the Bible in 24 Hours" is ideal. Chuck Missler provides readers with the strategic grasp of the "big picture" of Scripture that enables them to ably ...more
Published September 3rd 2002 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published August 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Learn the Bible in 24 Hours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Learn the Bible in 24 Hours

Helen
This book is fascinating. An "hour" is actually about twenty minutes - you'd have to be a really slow reader to take an hour, and it's a very easy read, nothing of a challenge but has highlighted some amazing connections between old and new testaments, languages in the Bible and meanings of things, and also some amazing insights about Israel and God's love for Israel still. Learned a lot. A LOT. Half way through I realised that it can come in the form of a DVD/Book/discussion group format, which ...more
Joshua Cannon
Could not be more impressed with this book. The content and clarity provided by this resource was astonishing! One of my favorite parts was how Missler broke down and analyzed the Seven Letters to the Churches from Jesus in Revelation. I gleaned so much enriched understanding of the prophetic aspects in Scripture by reading this book.
Ginger
I'm not a biblical scholar at this point, but it was interesting. This book is useful in giving a rough working view of the bible. be prepared for the authors occasional lapses into fundamentalism.
Kathy
AMAZING!!!! YOu must listen to the lecture and then answer the questions. This will open so much of your understanding of the character and will of God.
Marianne West
Informative summary/commentary of the entire Bible, which shows how everything ties together. Missler covers key points in each book and "connects the dots", and how the Old Testament and New Testament work together. Reading through the Bible, and understanding God's plan makes it much easier to understand today's events.
Nicholas Maulucci
lot of good info. posed theories about passages that are vague. interesting perspective on many things. a good overview of the whole bible.
Elle
The vague beliefs I have always carried with me about the scriptures have been absolutely cemented in reality from the insights offered by Chuck Missler. So many things I never knew about Jewish roots of my faith and about God's covenant with Israel. My eyes have truly been opened...thank you Chuck Missler!!!
Mark
This is a MUST for any serious study of the Bible. It is the single most recommended book I have read (in any genre).
Rebekah Stearns
Such a great book and the DVD series is even BETTER!!
Mary
Nov 15, 2007 Mary is currently reading it
Recommends it for: serious seekers
I belong to a Bible study group (all women) who have not only been using this book but also draw from various other resource material. We have taken over a year to get through this 24 hour study.... We are a couple of months away from the book of Mathew (we break for all vacations).... It could
be read at the rate of an hour a lesson.... But doubt that much would be retained.
Roddy
Always wary of Christians who are deeply into prophecy and the end times but I couldn't fault this and had quite a few eye-openers. But like the Berians, and as Missler himself urges, I want to check out some of his claims e.g. that the first 10 names in the Bible hold a prophetic message about Christ when you look at their Hebrew meaning.
Kj
Great introduction, but the DVD series and small group workbook is the only way to do this course!
I felt the book really missed out on the discussion that happens when several people follow it together.
Andrew
Pretty good summary/study, a lot of conjectures but I feel Missler, with his information science perspective, was honest enough about controversial topics versus being straight Bible study.
Shannon
fantastic read about all the amazing evidence found in the Scriptures that lead to the idea that the Bible is indeed from God. this one will stretch you.
Beka
So far it's been a VERY enlightening read. Finished it the first time in 3 days, and now I'm rereading it with notes.
Marcus
Amazing overview on the Bible that does what it says, reviews the entire Bible in 24 one hour sessions.
Kelly Kirkpatrick
This was a great read. I recommend this for anyone wanting to get more out of their study of the Bible.
Tracy
yeah...taking longer than 24 hours...could be because i am reading a million things at once...
Ryan
Good Biblical exegesis of the Old Testament, not so good for the New Testament.
Stacy
Jan 28, 2008 Stacy marked it as to-read
Currently going through the DVD series on "Learn the Bible in 24 Hours".
Trever
This book should be on everyones book shelf that is interested in God, the Bible and Christianity. This a basically a summery of every book of the Bible and makes a great companion to the Bible. Beware though Dr. Missler is a very smart man and can easily make you head spin.
Kristen Glass
Kristen Glass marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Tom
Tom is currently reading it
May 26, 2015
Neth Caramelo
Neth Caramelo marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Anjana
Anjana marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Rose
Rose is currently reading it
Apr 29, 2015
  • Jesus, the one and only - Member Book
  • Unlocking the Bible
  • What the Bible is All About Bible Handbook
  • Standing Strong: How to Resist the Enemy of Your Soul
  • Can I Trust The Bible? (Crucial Questions, #2)
  • Connecting Church, The
  • Spurgeon on Prayer and Spiritual Warfare
  • 20 Compelling Evidences That God Exists: Discover Why Believing in God Makes So Much Sense
  • Spychips: How Major Corporations and Government Plan to Track Your Every Move with RFID
  • The Christian Counselor's Manual: The Practice of Nouthetic Counseling
  • A Social History of English Cricket
  • Mary Magdalen: Myth and Metaphor
  • Running Scared: Fear, Worry, and the God of Rest
  • Works of John Bunyan: 3 Volume Set
Charles "Chuck" Missler is an author, evangelical Christian, and Bible teacher, and former businessman and Air Force officer. He is the founder of the Koinonia House ministry based in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Chuck Missler, an honors graduate of the United States Naval Academy, earned his Master of Science in Engineering from UCLA.[1] In 1999, Missler received a Ph.D. in biblical studies from the una ...more
More about Chuck Missler...
Alien Encounters: The Secret Behind The UFO Phenomenon Cosmic Codes -OS Hidden Treasures: In the Biblical Text Prophecy 20/20: Profiling the Future Through the Lens of Scripture The Rapture: Christianity's Most Preposterous Belief

“The step of obedience always precedes revelation. That pattern is evident all through the Scripture.” 1 likes
“The word for one in Deuteronomy 6:4 is echad and is a compound unity, a collective sense. It implies plurality in unity, like in “one cluster of grapes.” 0 likes