Start by marking “Farewell, Dawn (The Baby-Sitters Club, #88)” as Want to Read:
Farewell, Dawn (The Baby-Sitters Club, #88)

Farewell, Dawn (The Baby-Sitters Club #88)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  602 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Deciding that she wants to move back to California permanently, Dawn worries about what she will say to the rest of the baby-sitters, who do not understand when they hear the news secondhand.
134 pages
Published (first published August 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Farewell, Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Farewell, Dawn

Ciara
the only good thing about this book is that dawn leaves. it's just too bad she didn't take mary anne with her.

dawn's claifornia best friend, sunny, calls & tells dawn & that her mom has been diagnosed with lung cancer. things don't look so great. dawn is horrified & decides she wants to move back to california--permanently. partly to support sunny, but also because she realizes that california is her home & she misses it too much. she misses the beach, the weather, her dad, jeff,
Marshan Alma
yes, I had blast from the past moments when I read this book. I adored the BSC books when I was younger. I had every single book up to the age where I felt I got too old for them. I think that was somewhere around sixty something. Anyway, I was looking at my library online service, and this book was on the front page. I figured I would belittle fun and read it. One thing I realized when I read this book was that I had missed my childhood friends! It felt good to get back in touch with the girls. ...more
Laura Hughes
Dawn wants to go to California again.

This is a familiar dance by now. Her parents set the wheels in motion yet again. There is an air of finality this time. I guess her parents figure that she always wants to go to Cali and rarely really wants to come back, so this is probably her last move.

Dawn tells Kristy first, wanting to give her plenty of time to think through club logistical stuff, but asks her to keep it a secret, since she doesn’t know yet how she’ll break it to Mary Anne. But the secr
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Maria M. Elmvang
Honestly, this is pretty much just a (worse) retake on "Dawn's Big Trip". Kinda ridiculous that she goes through SO much thinking when it's just temporary, and pretty much makes the decision from one day to the next when it's permanent. I'll miss her though. Granted, she's not my favourite BSC'er, but she's still a LOT better than Abby!
Shannon
Oh, Dawn, is it rough knowing that you could purchase a surfboard every single frakking time you go flying across the country? I'm sorry about your mom and all, but how spoiled are you -- how many families let their 8th grade kids jetset between the coasts on a whim?
Nancy
In which Dawn goes to OMGCALIFORNIA for good to start the California Diaries series. She becomes slightly cool for that. Still, STFU, Dawn.
Goldie
I really hated that Dawn left :(
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Ragini
Ragini marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Emma
Emma added it
Jul 07, 2015
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Alti
Alti marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
  • Jessica the Nerd (Sweet Valley Twins, #61)
  • The Curse of the Creeping Coffin (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #8)
  • Two's a Crowd (Two of a Kind, #7)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Missing Honey

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 133 books)
  • The Summer Before (The Baby-Sitters Club, #0.5)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Corner of the Universe A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray The Doll People (Doll People, #1) Rain Reign