Start by marking “Farewell, Dawn (The Baby-Sitters Club, #88)” as Want to Read:
Farewell, Dawn (The Baby-Sitters Club, #88)

Farewell, Dawn (The Baby-Sitters Club #88)

Dawn is moving back to California and doesn't know how to tell her best friend Mary Anne. When Mary Anne hears it from other people, she's angry, and Dawn wonders if they can still be best friends.
134 pages
Published (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Farewell, Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Farewell, Dawn

Ciara
Mar 24, 2011 Ciara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
the only good thing about this book is that dawn leaves. it's just too bad she didn't take mary anne with her.

dawn's claifornia best friend, sunny, calls & tells dawn & that her mom has been diagnosed with lung cancer. things don't look so great. dawn is horrified & decides she wants to move back to california--permanently. partly to support sunny, but also because she realizes that california is her home & she misses it too much. she misses the beach, the weather, her dad, jeff,
Sarah B
Sep 27, 2009 Sarah B rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
BYE FELICIA.
Laura Hughes
Apr 08, 2013 Laura Hughes rated it it was ok
Shelves: babysitters-club
Dawn wants to go to California again.

This is a familiar dance by now. Her parents set the wheels in motion yet again. There is an air of finality this time. I guess her parents figure that she always wants to go to Cali and rarely really wants to come back, so this is probably her last move.

Dawn tells Kristy first, wanting to give her plenty of time to think through club logistical stuff, but asks her to keep it a secret, since she doesn’t know yet how she’ll break it to Mary Anne. But the secr
Marshan Alma
Apr 25, 2015 Marshan Alma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
yes, I had blast from the past moments when I read this book. I adored the BSC books when I was younger. I had every single book up to the age where I felt I got too old for them. I think that was somewhere around sixty something. Anyway, I was looking at my library online service, and this book was on the front page. I figured I would belittle fun and read it. One thing I realized when I read this book was that I had missed my childhood friends! It felt good to get back in touch with the girls. ...more
April
May 01, 2013 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, childrens

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Maria Elmvang
Honestly, this is pretty much just a (worse) retake on "Dawn's Big Trip". Kinda ridiculous that she goes through SO much thinking when it's just temporary, and pretty much makes the decision from one day to the next when it's permanent. I'll miss her though. Granted, she's not my favourite BSC'er, but she's still a LOT better than Abby!
Shannon
Aug 13, 2011 Shannon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1995
Oh, Dawn, is it rough knowing that you could purchase a surfboard every single frakking time you go flying across the country? I'm sorry about your mom and all, but how spoiled are you -- how many families let their 8th grade kids jetset between the coasts on a whim?
Nancy
Oct 31, 2013 Nancy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rereading
In which Dawn goes to OMGCALIFORNIA for good to start the California Diaries series. She becomes slightly cool for that. Still, STFU, Dawn.
Goldie
I really hated that Dawn left :(
M&W
M&W rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Peyton McFarlain
Peyton McFarlain rated it it was ok
Nov 28, 2012
Shae
Shae rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2014
▓▒░єℓℓα░▒▓
▓▒░єℓℓα░▒▓ rated it did not like it
Nov 27, 2014
Leah Spiegel
Leah Spiegel rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2011
Abby
Abby rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2014
Joy
Joy rated it liked it
May 14, 2012
Weezie Payton
Weezie Payton rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2012
Haley
Haley rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2012
Nicki Markus
Nicki Markus rated it liked it
May 06, 2008
Lucy Coutinho
Lucy Coutinho rated it liked it
May 23, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2014
Bee
Bee rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2010
Jen
Jen rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2011
Vicki Lee
Vicki Lee rated it did not like it
Jul 16, 2013
Kelsey
Kelsey rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2014
Fantasylover12001
Fantasylover12001 rated it liked it
May 20, 2010
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2008
Charlottr
Charlottr rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2013
Kae Motol
Kae Motol rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2013
Ceren
Ceren rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2012
  • Jessica's Secret (Sweet Valley Twins, #42)
  • The Berenstain Bears Don't Pollute (Anymore)
  • The Curse of the Creeping Coffin (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #8)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 132 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)