Start by marking “First in Flight: The Wright Brothers in North Carolina” as Want to Read:
First in Flight: The Wright Brothers in North Carolina

First in Flight: The Wright Brothers in North Carolina

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Published May 1st 1995 by John F. Blair Publisher

To ask other readers questions about First in Flight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First in Flight

Chris
I try and read books about the places that I visit while I am there, it helps to bring some context to the place and helps me to understand why others may have found it influential or important. Found this book at the B&B we stayed at, in the sightline from the Wright Brothers Memorial monument in Kill Devil Hills a few weeks ago. I nice quick read, but full of details and information that goes way beyond what you will get from a visit to the Memorial. The park rangers there give a fantastic ...more
José
Apr 16, 2012 José added it
En español se titula "Pioneros del Aire", este libro documenta de manera muy objetiva los problemas que tuvieron que pasar los Hermanos Wright para poder alcanzar el sueño de volar, muy motivador, lo leí sabiendo un poco con lo que me iba a encontrar, lo motivante es ver a los Hnos. Wright levantarse una y otra vez para intentarlo nuevamente hasta alcanzar el éxito.
Martha Meyers
I liked this book. I didn't understand the technical parts of airplane design, etc., but I enjoyed the story. I wish I had read this before I went to Washington, D.C., this summer and visited the Smithsonian. I would have appreciated the displays so much more.
Scribblers: Stalking the Authors of Appalachia