Start by marking “The Plus-One Agreement” as Want to Read:
The Plus-One Agreement

Charlotte Phillips

The Plus-One Agreement

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Successful job? Check. Swish wardrobe? Check.

Mr. Right? Not so much...

Emma Burney might not have a man, but she has a very practical solution for that: the plus-one agreement. A guaranteed date for any occasion. The problem? Her date is the gorgeous Dan Morgan, the man she lusted after for years.

Dan is all about keeping it casual, so when Emma decides to call it quits on t...more
Published March 1st 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Plus-One Agreement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Plus-One Agreement

Desere
All woman will tell you that attending an event of any kind alone is always embarrassing. You feel every one staring at you, and in the end for most of the time you don't even attend at all if you cannot find that vital piece of arm-candy.

For Emma this is so not the case, she has an arrangement with the very hotter than hot Dan. He's her hero whenever she needs him to be, perfect ! But lusting after him in secret was never part of the plan yet she goes with the flow and just let's it be.

Dan has...more
Cheryl M-M
Not exactly ordinary when you have a so called arrangement with a friend, who plays your pretend girlfriend or boyfriend when the need arises. Business dinner, family wedding or an important social event, all you need to do is call Mr or Miss Plus One. That is the strange but straight forward agreement Dan and Emma have with each other.
Obviously things like that work better in theory and not very well in real life settings. After a while, the whole having a trophy guy or gal on your arm scenario...more
June
What's better than not having to worry about the appropriate date for a business meeting or social function? Nothing, as far as Dan Morgan could see. But then Emma told him it was over because she'd found her true love. That stirred things up a bit.

Emma Burney has always fallen in the shadow of her brother. She's kept Dan around to help her survive her crazy family. But now she's ready for a change and it's up to her to make it. I enjoyed the story.

There was sexual content, but not too graphic....more
Carly
While I did spend the whole book with an odd sort of deja vu ( I could have sworn I'd read it before and could tell you what was about to happen, to be said etc) it is one of my new favourites.
Griffinyarn
‘When you said you needed a fake break-up I wasn’t expecting it to involve my public humiliation. You were going to lob that drink over me, for heaven’s sake, and now you think I’ll just agree to a rerun?’

She opened her mouth to respond and he cut her off.

‘There are people I know in here,’ he said in a furious stage whisper, nodding around them at the crowd. ‘What kind of impression do you think that would have given them?’

‘I didn’t expect things to get so out of hand,’ she said. ‘I just thought
Harlequin Books
"This cre4ative twist on the fake-girlfriend theme will entertain with quirky supporting characters and numerous emotional ups and downs before Dan and Emma resolve their issues". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars)
Karen
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

Emma and Dan were perfect for each other. At least in the sense that they looked nice together, knew how to navigate business dinners, and kept Emma’s family off her back. Their long-term fake dating agreement wasn’t enough for her anymore though, and it was time to move on to a real relationship. Read More
Abbi Wilder
I've pretty much read all of Charlotte Phillips' Kiss books and I really like each one. It's a twist on the 'he doesn't really love me so I need to move on' premise. I think that's a premise. LOL. Either way, great book.
Writerlibrarian
Forgettable contemporary romance novel. Both lead characters are annoyingly boring and the rest of the characters are not even paper thin. It gets two stars because of the same sex wedding (the brother of the protagonist) that was well done for a main stream romance novel series. Otherwise it would have gotten one star.
Kat (the Sarcastic One )
That star review is not fair, and very biased, but I'm just so TIRED of the "Afraid to commit" thing all the guys now have going on.
Paulina
Paulina marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Mishka
Mishka marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
shantay hough
shantay hough marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
S Jenkins
S Jenkins marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Daiane Eliad
Daiane Eliad marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Fida Amran
Fida Amran is currently reading it
Jul 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Charlotte Phillips writes modern, fun, it-could-happen-to-you stories for Mills & Boon RIVA/Harlequin KISS and shorter length sexy contemporary stories for HarperImpulse.

She lives in Wiltshire, England, where she squashes her writing in between looking after her family, who have been taught not to notice that she's rubbish at housework. Her stories are fuelled by lots of coffee and years of da...more
More about Charlotte Phillips...
Your Room Or Mine? (Do Not Disturb #1) All Bets Are On Kiss Me On This Cold December Night (Do Not Disturb #3) Did Someone Order Room Service? (Do Not Disturb, #2) The Proposal Plan