Start by marking “Holiday with a Stranger” as Want to Read:
Holiday with a Stranger

Holiday with a Stranger

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  16 reviews
"Who are you?"

After three months of travelling, all Connor Preston wants to do is sink into his own bed. The last thing he expects is to find a stark-naked woman already there….

Josie Marchpane wasn't anticipating company either. Connor may be six feet four inches of pure muscle and boast a disturbingly sexy smile, but a fortnight in the South of France is the one thing sta...more
Published March 1st 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Holiday with a Stranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiday with a Stranger

Desere

No guy wants to come home after weeks out on the road to find a beautiful naked woman in his bed, no wait that's a lie, most men do!

But not Connor Preston, he's tired and totally beat, all he wants his a good nights rest after weeks of very uncomfortable sleep.

But instead of his nice clean, cool sheets he finds a very naked and very tempting Josie wrapped up in his sheets, oh and the sheets are no longer clean either!

Wish just makes the situation worse, but it being late Connor reluctantly agre...more
Cait O'Sullivan
Hats off to Christy McKellen :). If you like your romances sizzling with the pressure of sexual tension, then this baby is for you. How she does it is beyond me but the moment you start reading, you're hooked. The language Ms McKellen uses lets you know in no uncertain terms that when these two get together, worlds will collide. I admire how Ms McKellen stirs up the tension and then lets it explode in such an immensely tasteful and satisfying way. Both Josie and Connor come with their own baggag...more
Desere

Julie Bonello
A red-hot contemporary romance set in the South of France, Holiday with a Stranger is Christy McKellen’s fabulous debut novel for Harlequin Kiss.

Josie Marchpane’s life revolves around her job. Having spent most of life being told that she didn’t have what it takes to become a success, Josie is determined to prove her doubters wrong. Having invested all of her time and money into her fledgling business, Josie works crazy hours, has got no social life to speak of and cannot remember the last time...more
Cheryl M-M
Life is a train of events tied together, full of moments in time and connections to people. Sometimes those connections are meant to lead us on a path with others.
Josie is relaxing in a farmhouse in the beautiful french countryside, at least she is until an unexpected guest turns up.
She finds herself confronted with her business partners brother, who just happens to co-own the place she is staying in.
I enjoyed the playfulness between the two characters. The way they interacted with ease, were ab...more
Harlequin Books
"Flawed and vulnerable characters will endear readers as they face their insecurities and learn to trust one another". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars)
Summer
Since an actual getaway to the South of France isn’t happening for me anytime soon, tagging along with Josie and Connor was the next best thing. The lavender, the heat, the sunshine, it almost felt like I was there.

Josie and Connor wind up having to share a vacation home, it’s contentious, and playful, and steamy, and all that good opposites attract stuff, with one of the more honest sex scenes you’ll find in a romance novel.

Josie’s temper and her workaholic tendencies aren’t serving her well...more
Pam
Holiday with a Stranger is a cute sexy romance that shows what can happen when two strangers share a home in the French countryside; one is a workaholic and the other likes to enjoy life. The two worlds collide and passions ignite.

Conner Preston is exhausted, only wanting to crawl in his bed and sleep for many hours; he travels for his job and has a few days before his next assignment so is stopping at his home in France to relax. What he does not plan on is finding a stranger, lovely as she may...more
Karen
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

When Josie’s business partner ordered her on a forced holiday, she wasn’t going to take it lying down. She had her laptop, and as sumptuous as the French farmhouse in the countryside was, she’d continue to work as inspiration hit. It just so happened to hit just after a shower, and apparently, when the co-owner of the house arrived and demanded to know what she was doing in his bedroom… Read More
Florry
Wow! Lovely romance that fueled my imagination.
It’s an easy reading heart warming story that let me dream of a holiday in South of France with handsome Connor. This is a wonderful story about life as it is, acceptance, emotions, regrets and hope. It has many funny moments, ups and downs; all in all it’s an entertaining book.
This is the perfect reading for those who are adventurous and believe in true love.
I also liked the “pocket format” of the book, which allowed me to take it with me in a hol...more
June
Mar 02, 2014 June rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Little harder to get into this story. The whole weary traveler coming home to find a stranger in his bed was done last year much more efficiently in Whose Bed Is It Anyway. So there was competition going on in my head before I even started reading it.

There was a lot of tension in the story, sexual and otherwise. I never really felt any resolve with that. The sex scenes were overboard and after the first couple of times it was just too much.
Julie
I won this books from Goodreads First Read. The chemistry between two people was so powerful. Full of love for one another. :) The Author signed my copy and sent me a Cadbury Candy Bar. i can't wait to read more from her.
Stefanie London
A lovely, quick, heartfelt romance. I related to the workaholic heroine, Josie and fell in love with hunky Conner. The story was set in the south of France, which was unique and provided a gorgeous backdrop to the story.

Christy McKellen has a fun, witty voice that drew me in from page one.
Charlotte Phillips
The premise of this story was fun, I loved the setting and the tension absolutely sizzled. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Mandi Schreiner
This was cute but I needed a little bit more convincing these two would have a believable HEA

Full review coming
Keisha
Keisha marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
shantay hough
shantay hough marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Beerchen
Beerchen marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
  • Too Much of a Good Thing?
  • The Taming of a Wild Child (LaBlanc Sisters #2)
  • Her Deal with the Devil
  • Waking Up Pregnant
  • All Bets Are On
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
  • First Time for Everything
  • Maid of Dishonor (The Wedding Season, #3)
  • The Reunion Lie
  • Faking It to Making It
  • Driving Her Crazy
  • How to Get Over Your Ex (Valentine's Day Survival Guide duet)
  • The One He's Been Looking For
  • The First Crush is the Deepest
  • Hitched!
  • For His Eyes Only
  • What a Sicilian Husband Wants (Irresistible Sicilians, #1)
B.K. (Before Kids) Christy worked as a Video and Radio Producer in London and Nottingham. After a decade of dealing with nappies, tantrums and endless questions from toddlers, she has come out the other side and moved into the wonderful world of literature. She now spends her time writing flirty, sexy romance with a kick (her dream job!).

In her downtime she can be found drinking the odd glass of...more
More about Christy McKellen...
Her New Worst Enemy Lessons in Rule-Breaking Fired by Her Fling Summer Heat: 10 Spicy Romances that Sizzle Summer Heat: 10 Spicy Romances That Sizzle