Start by marking “Dead by Wednesday” as Want to Read:

Beverly Long
Preview

Dead by Wednesday

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  11 reviews
As the minutes tick by, the body count rises in Beverly Long's Dead by Wednesday

With no leads, no witnesses and four teenage victims, it's a race against the clock for Detective Robert Hanson to catch a vicious serial killer. But he gets thrown slightly off course when Carmen Jiminez asks for his help. Fiercely independent, the pretty pregnancy counselor is the only woman
Published January 1st 2014 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published December 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dead by Wednesday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead by Wednesday

Paula Legate
I read a lot of books, and this is one of the best Harlequin books that I have ever read. The story had a serial killer that would torture teen boys before he killed them. The details were gruesome, and turned my stomach. He was one sick man. Every detective, and policeman in the city was working the case, and pulling over time. The book described the long hours very well. Every Wednesday another kid was turning up dead. They had to stop this guy.

Carmen met Robert at her best friend's wedding.
Rhonda
4 stars

Dead by Wednesday was pretty suspenseful. It was easy to figure out who the bad guy was but we did not know who he was or why he was killing teenage boys. Still it was a suspenseful.

I liked the characters. Especially Carmen. She has raised her brother since he was young. Her job was to help teenage girls. She was a believable.

Now Robert's case I wonder at how fast he changed his ways, falling hard and fast for her. Robert is a cop who is attracted to Carmen for months. Especially when the
Debbie Heaton
In Long’s romantic suspense novel, Detective Robert Hanson is racing the clock in search of a serial killer. When Carmen Jimenez asks for help following some “accidents” that have happened, the detective finds himself struggling to maintain a professional distance between them. Attraction wins out and Robert agrees to protect both Carmen and her brother at all costs against a killer drawing closer.

Fast-paced and action-packed.

Janet
Beverly Long has given readers a nice romantic suspense story. It was fast paced; the action occurs over a one week time span, and quite suspenseful. The lead couple definitely had sparks flying between them, and the romance starts quite quickly. It is difficult to balance suspense and romance, but Ms. Long does a good job with the time frame constraints. The suspense and intrigue were well plotted and there were enough twists and turns to keep me reading far too late.
*I received my copy from N
ElaineY
REVIEW OF AUDIOBOOK; DEC 12, 2014
Narrator: Violet Grey

This book got off on a bad start for me because the MCs, as far as romance were concerned, came across like adolescents wading into the dating pool for the first time. Actually, it is like that for the heroine as it's the first time she's finding herself even thinking about a man in a romantic sense in 13 years. While that's fine with me, I'd rather not have my romantic suspense tilting towards the romance especially when most of it involves
Sandy
I really enjoyed this book. It is a great love story & suspense!! The characters were well thought out & intriguing. You really wanted to get to know them. I really hated for the book to end. I could follow the characters through more books. Plus it was an easy read which meant I could pick it up at anytime n enjoy a chapter or 2. Then continue on watching my grandson. Of course that was while he was napping. I highly recommend this book!!
Heather
Was lucky enough to win a signed copy of "Dead by Wednesday" from Beverly Long in the GoodReads GiveAway Contest.

"Dead by Wednesday" is written in a way to allow for a fast paced, all in one read. There is no dragging in the plot, contestant moving as the story takes place in the time span of one week. Allowing for a whirlwind romance complete with intrigue, danger, and suspense.

I enjoyed this book and would definitely recommend it.
Bonnie Drummond
Unthinkable crimes against teenagers; hart brakes for parents and providers of children. Bad guys get it in the end , and a hospital, a recoverie and a wedding. Add a 100% to that and you get good over evil every time.
Harlequin Books
"Long delves into the problems of gang violence, bullying and teenage pregnancy as she builds a scary story about a serial killer into a compelling tale of redemption". (RT Book Reviews) rated 4 stars
Harlequin Books
Vicki
Vicki added it
Apr 13, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Darlene Hodge
Darlene Hodge marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Betsy
Betsy marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Joann Atkinson
Joann Atkinson marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Patricia Atkinson
Patricia Atkinson marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Katharina
Katharina marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
  • Finding Her Son
  • Task Force Bride (The Precinct Task Force, #5)
  • The Defender
  • Safe by His Side (Colby Agency #1)
  • Sharpshooter (Shadow Agents, #3)
  • When No One Is Watching
  • Primal Instinct
  • Fearless
  • Snowed in with the Boss (Kenner County Crime Unit, #3)
  • Undercover Twin (The Morgan Brothers, #2)
  • Dade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #2)
  • Case File: Canyon Creek, Wyoming  (Cooper, #1)
  • Rescue at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Cousins, #1)
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
Running for Her Life Stay With Me Hunted (The Men from Crow Hollow #1) Deadly Force Here With Me