Start by marking “Dead Spell (Elise Michaels #2)” as Want to Read:
Dead Spell (Elise Michaels #2)

Dead Spell (Elise Michaels #2)

After being forced to live among the humans, Elise finds herself on the cusp of a war that she isn’t sure how to fight let alone win. Along with a small supernatural group of sorcerers, werewolves, vampires and one Nephilim warrior, she is prepared to risk it all in order to protect and defend the world that they know and love

While Elise has that one goal in mind, she is
Kindle Edition
Published February 14th 2014 (first published February 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Spell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Spell

James
Feb 08, 2014 James rated it it was amazing
I received and ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Dead spell is the second book in the Elise Michaels series which spun off of the Nephilim Warrior Series. It picks up where coven left off with Elise, Garrett, Van, Enrique, and Mona still living in the "Human World" apart from the coven they left in the middle of a war between them and H.A.S.A.

In the mist of all that is going on Elise is still coming to grips of being "Two-natured" and learning how to handle the wolf side of her and all the ch
Julie Bromley
Jan 17, 2014 Julie Bromley rated it it was amazing
This book will keep you on your toes! I'm loving the new characters and K.A's writing brings them all to life. It flows brilliantly from book 1 Coven and will definitely leave you wanting more!
Jamie
Oct 26, 2016 Jamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, paranomal
Good in between

This is a good short read looking forward to the next book. Elise is a strong female character thought this triangle and stubbornness sometimes are over the top.
Inga
Mar 13, 2014 Inga rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
My review:

Dead Spell is the second book in The Elise Michaels Series and when I got invited to the blog tour I also read the first book, Coven.

This was my first introduction to the author K.A. Young and I truly liked the world which K.A. young has created. There are weres, there are vamps, there are witches and even zombies in Dead Spell, just everything what a good fantasy book needs. Dead Spell was easy and not very time-consuming to read, because it's only 90 pages long. it's packed with acti
Melissa
Feb 28, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
Dead Spell (Elise Michaels, #2) by K.A. Young
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
*Do not read if you haven’t read Coven, the first book in the series.
This is the second in the Elise Michael’s series and the books should be read in that order. This series is a spinoff of the Nephlim Warrior Series, but it’s not required to read that series prior in order to enjoy these books! When we last left Elise and her somewhat band of misfits they were fighting the bad guys. All the prior c
Bernadette
What is my main grumble? It was far too short a book. Although it’s the 2nd book I the series, it reads far more like a novella novel in terms of length. There are also far more spelling and grammar mistakes as well as missing words than I have seen in the author’s other books that I’ve read.

Elise and Van break up for good after he sleeps with Kara, but it is a very amicable split and it doesn’t affect their friendship. Does it mean that Elise’s love life gets any easier? Absolutely not….. She i
Evil Twin One (Ange)
They just keep getting better and better. This book will keep you on your toes from start to finish. Incredible doesn't begin to describe KA Young's writing. I love the characters especially Enrique and Van. Stacey was a good addition and has lots of potential. Garrett isn't too bad either, just needs to get over himself and this almost obsession he has with gaining power. He's not the bad guy kind of obsessive but it seems that's all he can talk about with Elise (view spoiler) ...more
Heather  book whore & shifter slut extrordinaire
Another winner from KA Young! I loved Elise the moment we met her in Anna's book and was thrilled to see her get her own series. In this second book in the series we see Elise has grown as a person, a witch and a mother and most of all into an adult.

There is a lot of action in this book as Elise and the gang take on the HASA. We meet some new people and we get to know some others better (YAY!!!!!)

By the end of this book Elise has faced down and lived through some of the most difficult choices l
Ter Wilson
Feb 14, 2014 Ter Wilson rated it it was amazing
SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!! Dead Spell was way too Short! I Had it Done and Over with in under 2 hours. *Cries*

Okay That Was my Only complaint. Dead Spell comes in Where Coven Left off at. All three guys Plus Mona! Enjoyed This One a lot cause My Alpha Got Loads of Stage Time. A New Character Stacey comes in. Oh and Zombies! There is Zombies in this, I could Go On for hours about this book. But I Think I spewed more then I should cause I hate Spoilers.

I Have been Reading K.A. Young for the past year. E
Melissa Garcia
Feb 18, 2014 Melissa Garcia rated it it was amazing
K. A. Young never fails to deliver in her writing. I was captivated from the very beginning; couldn't put it down! That whilst love triangle going in between Enrique, Elise and Garrett, just hot!! I love Garrett but he needs to realize that Elise wants something more than just a connection via magic or a bond! I feel like hitting him upside the head. Van and Stacey best couple ever! I think they are perfect together. Too bad he didn't recognize her as his mate; that would have been explosive. ...more
Debbie Beattie
Feb 11, 2014 Debbie Beattie rated it it was amazing
Dead Spell had me captivated from start to finish. Action packed, dangerous, sexy and funny. This book has everything, sexy Nephilim warriors, hot werewolves & sorcerers. K.A. Young brings her characters to life in a brilliant and believable way. Do yourself a favour and read all of K.A. Young's books. Dead Spell is the second book in The Elise Michaels Series which is a spin off The Nephilim Warrior Series, all of which are excellent reading.
Debbie Poole
Jul 01, 2014 Debbie Poole rated it it was amazing
Elise has had to leave the life she loves to live in the human world.
She is sharing her home with a small group of supernatural beings.
Then in to their lives comes a witch called Stacey Nixon.
Can they trust her or was she sent to spy on them?
Who wouldn't like 3 men after your affections?
This is the problem Elise Michaels continues to have in this second book.
There are two stories in this book, which shows what a fantastic writer K.A. Young is.
AnnMarie
Feb 14, 2014 AnnMarie rated it it was amazing
This second book in the series is even better than the first because we learn more about Elise and the 3 men that are vying for her love. Almost running secondary to that story line is the battle with zombies and trying to keep humans safe, and ignorant of the supernatural beings in their presence. If anything the story ended too soon, so now I am going to have to wait impatiently for the third book in the series. These books are wonderful and I definitely recommend them.
Jill
Feb 14, 2014 Jill rated it it was amazing
I really loved Coven, so I was really excited to see the continuation of the story. Elise is one of my favorite characters so I love that she has her own series :) The story picks up where Coven left off and has an added complication with Elise trying to control her new two-natured side. To me, this is a great addition and it really sets the story apart from others. I really like the love story and the men are super sexy (at least they are in my head!) I can't wait to see what happens next!
Stacey
May 05, 2014 Stacey rated it it was amazing
Ok so this is book 2
I'm very lucky I'm in this book ..... Yes the hairdresser Stacey that's me ..
This book was 90 pages of pure enjoyment
It's short and sweet leaving you yearning for more
Torch and Stacey eek
Vampires. Zombies , witches omg can this get any better ..... No is your answer
I'm honoured to be in this book
Thanks Kate
Debbie
Jun 30, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Dead Spell is book #2 in The Elise Michaels Series. Elise has been forced to live in the human world and is learning to deal with her wolf. The characters you have come to know including sorcerers, werewolves, vampires and one very sexy Nephilim warrior bring this book alive. If you love paranormal adventure and romance you will love this book.
Heather Stanley
Feb 23, 2014 Heather Stanley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
I am sad to say I had not read Coven but have it now and will be reading it ASAP!!!! I loved this one on it's own!! I was not lost at all it is so well written, the story moves along at a nice pace and keeps the interest. For the story it is great!! This is a must read!!!!
Joy Whiteside
Jul 01, 2014 Joy Whiteside rated it it was amazing
I cannot get enough of this amazing author. There is so much that I want to say about this book, but I do not want to give any spoilers away. This is an amazing book and once you start you will be hooked on this series if you arn't already. This has to be read.
Stephanie
May 21, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
I hated that it was so short compared to the first book... This one was like an hour and a half read.. :'( such a good book though!! I hope book 3 is longer!
I need a LOT more of Elise, sexy Enrique, and sexy, troubled Garrett!
Please hurry with book 3, K.A. Young!!!
Daycia
Feb 17, 2014 Daycia rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
I liked this book. I did find that the book was fast paced and felt like it may have skipped over a few things, but overall I liked it. I'm waiting for the next in this series.
Vicki
Jun 17, 2014 Vicki rated it it was amazing
There hasn't been this much excited since twilight. I love this series of books, they are easy reads with lots of adventure romance and suspense.
Rhonda
Apr 07, 2014 Rhonda rated it it was amazing
I loved this addition to the series and was very disappointed that book 3 wasn't available yet. :) I wanted to know what happens!
Lorna M MorrisByam
Anticipation

Can't wait to start reading book 3; I am hooked and everything else will be put on hold. Amazing story, chapter one did not disappoint.

Sara Valencia
Sara Valencia rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2014
Krystal
Krystal rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Tammy "Z Girl"
Tammy "Z Girl" rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2016
Peggy Krummel
Peggy Krummel rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2014
carrie
carrie rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Philip Cantrell
Philip Cantrell rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2014
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Bound by the Moon
  • Mending Scars (Others of Edenton, #5)
  • New Beginnings (Highland Wolf Clan #3)
  • Pale Moon (Red Moon, #5)
  • Darkness Unleashed (Mystic Wolves, #6)
  • Alpha Packed: Book 1
  • Sword of Mercy (La Patron's Sword, #2)
  • Werewolf Revenge (Taming the Wolf, #3)
  • Wild Heat (Wilding Pack Wolves, #3)
  • Captured (Serenity, #3)
  • The Alpha's Surrogate (The Surrogates Series, #1)
  • Desert Heart
  • Desires of a Full Moon (Rise of the Arkansas Werewolves #3)
  • Savage Surrender: A Dire Wolves Mission (The Devil's Dires, #1)
  • Wolf Creek Enforcer (Texas Pack, #2)
  • Lost Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans, #6.5)
K.A. Young (Kate Young) writes fantasy. Dark, edgy and sexy fantasy books with a strong female lead for adults and a fun comedy series that I co-write with Julie Bromley for New Adults.
In my fantasy books you will get a good dose of action, sarcasm, intense sexy moments and a dash of humor. My comedy series will make you literally laugh out loud.
Whether you’re in the mood for hot and spicy or unco
More about K.A. Young...

Elise Michaels (3 books)
  • Coven (Elise Michaels, #1)
  • Blood Moon (Elise Michaels #3)