Start by marking “Oh say can you say di-no-saur?” as Want to Read:
Oh say can you say di-no-saur?

Oh say can you say di-no-saur? (The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)

The Cat in the Hat makes another surprise appearance at Dick and Sally's house--only this time he makes his entrance riding atop a brachiosaurus! Soon, he's off, along with Dick and Sally, millions of years back in time to see how fossils were created. Then it's on to a tour through the Cat's own Super Dino Museum--a fabulous place where the correct pronunciation of a dino ...more
Hardcover, First Edition, 45 pages
Published April 6th 1999 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Oh say can you say di-no-saur?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh say can you say di-no-saur?

Me...Jane by Patrick McDonnellBalloons Over Broadway by Melissa SweetRedwoods by Jason ChinA Seed Is Sleepy by Dianna Hutts AstonSwirl by Swirl by Joyce Sidman
Best non-fiction picture books
230th out of 359 books — 119 voters
Dinotopia by James GurneyHow Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You? by Jane YolenHow Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? by Jane YolenHow Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night? by Jane YolenEdwina, the Dinosaur Who Didn't Know She Was Extinct by Mo Willems
Dinosaur Picture Books
120th out of 138 books — 25 voters

More lists with this book...

Dylen kicherer
Nov 02, 2015 Dylen kicherer rated it it was amazing
Personal Response
I read this book to my two nephews and they loved this book. They thought it was funny when I was trying to pronounce the dinosaur’s names. They also loved the pictures of all of the dinosaurs especially when the T-Rex showed up.

This book is about the Cat in the Hat, a girl named Sally, and a Sally’s best friend, Dick. They dig up bones and talk about how huge they are. Then they go to a museum and show them a whole bunch of different types of dinosaurs. The Cat in the Hat
Zoe Lampman
Nov 08, 2014 Zoe Lampman rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Oh Say Can You Say Di-no-saur? All About Dinosaurs by Bonnie Worth is part of the Cat in the Hat Learning Library which are books written and illustrated in the style of Dr. Seus. This is an informative book about dinosaur names, fossils, putting fossils together to create skeletons, and visiting dinosaur museums all written in rhymes and accompanied by silly illustrations. It helps students say dinosaur names such as Brachiosaurus by breaking the word down into individual sounds. A teacher coul ...more
Sarah Adamson
Another fun and informative book from the Dr Seuss library. This one is about dinosaurs and manages to help phonetic readers learn to say the names of the dinosaurs as well as maintain the rhythm and rhyme of traditional dr Seuss books.
Lorelei Ponto
Mar 15, 2016 Lorelei Ponto rated it really liked it
Personal response- I enjoyed reading this book to the elementary students on Dr. Seuss day. I have read this book many times as a kid. Seeing all the children get so excited and happy made me remember how it fun Dr. Seuss books really are. This book can help children with learning about what kind of dinosaurs there are and how to pronounce their names.

Plot- Cat in the hat made a surprise visit to Sally and Dicks house. Cat in the hat had them learning about type of dinosaurs and fossils. He too
Aug 29, 2015 Kevin rated it liked it
Having trouble saying those difficult dinosaur names, then this is the book for you. The Cat in The Hat delivers a quirky yet easily understood method to help readers say and learn the names of ten dinosaurs. Starting with an outline of the career of archaeologist this book swiftly moves to real facts about dinosaurs and the way they lived. the pictures are imaginative and draw the reader in to the text. Some words are big and hard to understand but this book has a glossary of terms to explain a ...more
Oct 29, 2010 Anne rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-children
My two year old loves this one, and since she's the target audience, her vote counts more than mine.
Apr 04, 2013 Courtney rated it really liked it
Shelves: ed-310
Dr. Seuss brings children back to a prehistoric time when dinosaurs ruled the earth, but of course, he does so by sweet rhymes and silly phrases. This book is filled with Dr. Seuss's poetic rhythm and tone, and it includes great dinosaur information while also teaching children how to properly pronounce dinosaur names.

The "cat-in-the-hat-osaurus" adds a comedic effect to this book that is clever and cute. I also love that there is a glossary in the back with words like fossils, herbivore, and z
Angela Burkhead
Jun 07, 2016 Angela Burkhead rated it liked it
This is very difficult to read, and j don't mean that dinosaur names are difficult to pronounce. The names are spelled out phonetically and it helps. The problem is the rhyming scheme and the tempo change while reading... It just doesn't work and there no flow to reading the book. I have to stop every few pages and re read what's written
Dustin Dumbleton
Oct 23, 2015 Dustin Dumbleton rated it did not like it
I was reading a book to my nephew that was called oh say can you say dinosaur. His reaction was funny he kept saying dinosaur and laughing. He always wants me to read it to him everytime he sees me. I don't like reading the book because it is a little kids book.

I recommend this book for 4 year olds. Because this book has big letters.
Jul 13, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it
Although this book was not written by Dr. Seuss, I really enjoy it. I like the factual text part of the book, descriptions and pictures of dinosaurs, as well as pronunciations of dinosaur names. The rhymes are strong in this book...and the Catinthehatasaurus at the end is very saber-tooth-tigerish and fun!
Lloyd Mackenzie
If it's on Goodreads it counts as a book. No matter the audience it was intended for. Right?

I thought it was super cute and (spoiler alert) it contains my favourite dinosaur - a triceratops!
Candace Kovar
Feb 23, 2015 Candace Kovar rated it really liked it
Great book for teaching young children about dinosaurs. Would defiantly use this book in my classroom for science time. Activity for the kids would be to talk about the different types of dinosaurs.
Laura McLoughlin
Apr 20, 2015 Laura McLoughlin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kathryn
Kathryn has been fascinated by dinosaurs lately so this was one of her Easter presents. We read it a lot and it a lot and I'm grateful that it spells out the dinosaur names phonetically.
The Brothers
Feb 13, 2016 The Brothers rated it really liked it
Shelves: dinosaurs, names, poems
Great poem of dinosaur names and even though Dr. Suess isn't the author or illustrator, it follows his style very closely.
Jenn Swanson
Feb 01, 2015 Jenn Swanson rated it really liked it
This children's book is a good read especially if your child likes dinosaurs.
Logan Kicherer
Oct 20, 2016 Logan Kicherer rated it did not like it

This was a little kid's book. It was teaching them all about the dinosaurs. This book was about the Cat in the Hat teaching to little kids how paleontologists find and package dino gave a lot of different information about dinosaurs. The book teaches them how to say the dinosaurs names.

Personal Response
I read this book to my little nephew and he loved it. He is a big fan of dinosaurs and wants me to read it again.

I recommend this to seven year olds.
May 26, 2015 Rosemary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
A fun book to read about dinosaurs and how to pronounce their names.
Apr 10, 2014 Ashley rated it it was amazing
I love how this book sounds out all the dinosaur names!
Kristen Jaques
Apr 13, 2016 Kristen Jaques rated it really liked it
Delightfully educational, wacky, and creepy

Samantha Penrose
Jan 10, 2009 Samantha Penrose rated it liked it
Recommends it for: youngsters just getting into dinosaurs
This book makes a good introduction to the wonderful world of dinosaurs. Through clever, rhyming text, you will be introduced to nine different dinosaurs (some lesser known varieties as well as the "super stars" that we have all heard of) and the "catinthehatasaurus".
The focus of the book is on proper pronunciation of the dino names -- Hooray!
May 22, 2013 Markus rated it did not like it
This book was a terrible cashing in on Dr Seuss' work. It had Dr Seuss artwork. It ripped off a title from another of his books. It had a poor facsimile of Thing 1 and Thing 2.

What it didn't have was the charm and poetry that an actual Dr Seuss book has. He had nothing to do with the book, no writing no illustrating. It's really sad.
Aleya Peters
Oct 17, 2013 Aleya Peters rated it liked it
The rhythm of this book is a little more difficult to get that other books in the cat in the hate learning library but it has wonderful fact for children who like dinosaurs and who haven't discovered their magic yet.
Dec 05, 2010 Cornelius rated it really liked it
For kindergarten children, I would use this book in the classroom to teach children about different dinosaurs and how to pronounce their names correctly using fun rhyming words.
Mar 26, 2010 Deanna rated it liked it
This is a good book to practice pronunciations...even for adults!
There is a lesson within the book that adults need help sounding out words too.
Jan 28, 2009 Alexandria rated it really liked it
loved this book, i may have read it a couple months ago but i still like how they rhyme and the give me examples of ways of rhyming/
K-3, dinosaurs. This is a good book the includes both dinosaurs and poetry. Engaging book on learning to pronounce dinosaur names
Audrey Harlan
Nov 27, 2010 Audrey Harlan rated it really liked it
Shelves: science, read-alouds
This is a good book to use when talking about dinosaurs and fossils. Students will like the rhyming words and pictures.
Literacy Group
This book is all about dinosaurs. It tells all this fun informations about them.
Allison C. McCulloch
This is not as authentic as the other Dr. Suess books and has cheesy rhymes.
Dec 02, 2013 Theresa rated it liked it
Shelves: review
a doctor suess book about dinosaurs, and saying the big words
  • On Beyond Bugs (Cat In The Hat's Learning Library)
  • How Do Dinosaurs Love Their Dogs?
  • Would You Rather Be a Bullfrog?
  • Cecily G. and the 9 Monkeys
  • Elmer and the Lost Teddy
  • Going to the Firehouse
  • Clifford's First School Day
  • Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street?
  • Disney's Finding Nemo: Just Keep Swimming
  • The Night Before Halloween
  • Good Morning, Good Night!: A Touch & Feel Bedtime Book
  • Wings on Things
  • Stampede Of The Edmontosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #6)
  • Biscuit's New Trick
BONNIE WORTH is the author of countless books for young readers, among them the Cat in the Hat Learning Library books If I Ran the Rain Forest, HarK! A Shark!, Oh Say Can You Seed? (winner of the 2003 Ohio Farm Bureau Award), Wish for a Fish, Oh Say Can You Say Di-No-Saur?, Would You Rather Be a Pollywog?, Ice Is Nice!, and Safari, So Good!

More about Bonnie Worth...

The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • My, Oh My--A Butterfly!: All About Butterflies
  • Clam I am
  • Fine Feathered Friends: All About Birds
  • A Great Day for Pup!
  • Hurray for Today!: All About Holidays (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
  • I Can Name 50 Trees Today!: All About Trees
  • If I Ran the Rain Forest: All About Tropical Rain Forests
  • Inside Your Outside: All About the Human Body (The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
  • Is a Camel a Mammal?