Is a Camel a Mammal?

Is a Camel a Mammal? (The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The Cat in the Hat takes Dick and Sally on a Seussian safari to observe (and
pontificate about) the many different kinds of mammals. An invaluable tour for
all animal lovers!
Published October 13th 1998 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Is a Camel a Mammal?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Is a Camel a Mammal?

Kathryn
This has become one of our favorite reads. My boys still find it fascinating. My youngest likes the pygmy shrew and my oldest stares at the spoon with the 18 opossum babies. This book is an excellent way to interest young readers in the natural world and animals, though my experience has shown this to never be a difficult task to begin with. Kids love animals and this book as well, for highlighting some of the unique characteristics of mammals.
Leah Sidell
Is A Camel A Mammal, is a fun book for kids about The Cat in the Hat taking two kids named Dick and Sally on an safari adventure where they see and observe the many different kinds of mammals. A good way to teach literacy with this book is discuss the different animals that are mammals and have students write in their journals common factors that describe mammals. Students can share what they have come up with then they can compare the difference between mammals and non-mammals.
Pam
I am definitely not a fan of Dr. Seuss-style books written by other authors. I think I'll stick to the originals. Also, all three of my kids were bored as I read this one (very unusual for my book-loving children)...it's very long without much to keep you interested. Just added one more star for the pygmy shrew and the baby opossums - those did capture our attention - briefly.
Jessica Bingham
Great book for Science story time about mammals! Very easy for children to follow and understand.
Joey Fong
This book is good for teaching rhyming, mammals, omnivores, carnivores, and herbivores. I liked how they mentioned animals that most kids may not be familiar with such as anteater, wallabies, armadillo, bobcat and sea lion. While most books may talk about cats an dogs, this gives them exposure to many different animals. Direct and simple explanation of what mammals, omnivores, carnivores, and herbivores are. And finally, the book is written in rhymes!
Samantha Penrose
Amazing! This book contains a TON of great animal info presented in a silly, rhythmical, rhyming way. This is the kind of book that a pre-reader can just look at for hours and a reader can enjoy and learn from again and again!
My kiddo loved this book. The rhymes (as usual with Dr. Seuss) were very catchy, and I loved how the story talked about many different mammals, focused on the camel, and ended with humans as mammals too.
Hatka Prozorac
This book is Is a Camel a Mammal? by Tish Rabe. This book can be used in Kindergarden to 2 grade classrooms. This book can be used to teach rhyming, mammals, omnivores, carnivores, and herbivores.
Michelle
This is a great overview of mammals for young kids (4-7 years). Rabe covers the basic characteristics of mammals in a fun and informative way. The pictures are cute as well.
Lindsey Rogers
Science and rhyming and vocabulary , oh my!! This book is great for integrating science into literacy. Students will laugh and learn with this one. First and second grade.
Aleya Peters
This was such a cute book about mammals. The flow is very rhythmic and consistent. I really loved all the animals and environments all in one story.
Alicia
They left out the most important part. Nothing of MAMMARY glands is mentioned in this book about MAMMALS. What's up with that?
Teri
Love these cat in the hat learning library books. One obvious omission--they never discuss that mammals feed their babies milk.
Suzy
Done in rhyme, this tells about what makes a mammal and goes through several types of mammals. It's a fun read. :)
Joanna
Delightful Seusian rhyming verse just trips off the tongue, AND I learned some things about mammals.
Love it! So much information but lots of fun and the traditional Seussian rhymes...
Jake
Sep 21, 2009 Jake added it
this is my most favorit dr suece book i ever read
Ruthie
Good book that I had to read for school!
John Mcgoldrick
A camel is indeed a mammal.
Intia
Sep 03, 2008 Intia added it
I LOVE CAT IN THE HAT
PWRL
Jun 07, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Anya R
Anya R added it
Aug 01, 2014
Landon
Landon marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Maloy Kids
Maloy Kids marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
There's No Place Like Space: All About Our Solar System (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library) Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good for You! Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go! The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library: Inside Your Outside: All About the Human Body (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library) There's a Map on My Lap!: All about Maps