Start by marking “Murder at the High School Reunion (Dekker Cozy Mystery #5)” as Want to Read:
Murder at the High School Reunion (Dekker Cozy Mystery #5)

Murder at the High School Reunion (Dekker Cozy Mystery #5)

In the fifth book in this series, Lt. Dekker gets an advance warning that he might be investigating a couple of murders when two people turn up missing after a high school reunion. When those bodies do indeed turn up, the lieutenant and his sergeant sidekick go to work. They start by interviewing everyone who attended that high school reunion. In their favor is the fact ...more
Published November 26th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Murder at the High School Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder at the High School Reunion

Linda Crowder
Mar 17, 2015 Linda Crowder rated it really liked it
I'm reading the Cy and Lou books in order and I liked several things about this book. First, I love that Cy is finally changing his ways. I'm working on that myself and find it encouraging. Next, I cheered out loud at the turn of events with Cy's horrendously annoying neighbor. Finally, I like the ending of this one, hinted at early on with a reference to "Murder on the Orient Express." Well done and I look forward to reading the next one.
Kelly
Nov 10, 2016 Kelly rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. Some of the things that happen to the main characters will give you a chuckle. I have to admit that this book left me wondering right up until the last chapter when you find out who the killer was. Certainly looking forward to reading more of Steve's books.
Abiola Ogunrinde
Oct 23, 2016 Abiola Ogunrinde rated it really liked it
Good book!

This is the 1st book from Demaree that I have read and it was interesting. The ending was not predictable and the characters were well-developed.
Sara Eames
Jun 07, 2016 Sara Eames rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of the Cy Dekker series written by Steve Demaree. They are well-written, cosy mysteries with enough humour to make the story more enjoyable. Ok, so some of the solution is reliant on a character receiving a daily message from God - but that is no bad thing. These books have a Christian take on life, but that doesn't detract from a good story. The characters are well-written throughout the series, and develop as the books continue. I have enjoyed reading many of these books so ...more
Barbara Zeh
Jun 29, 2015 Barbara Zeh rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
I’ve been reading the books from this series (Dekker cozy Mystery) in order, and in their own way they do build on each other. The story was interesting, and as usual there were several people with a motive. Trying to figure out who had the opportunity, and who actually did the deed, make up the guessing game. What to do when the victim is basically hated by pretty much everyone who knew him. Once again we have a dose of mystery, with just a touch of humor thrown in, which keep the pages ...more
Debra Torgerson
Aug 09, 2016 Debra Torgerson rated it it was amazing
Another case solved.

I enjoy this series. I like the main characters Cy and Lou, they are best buddies and homicide detectives. This time the had to solve a murder that happened at a reunion. It took a little longer but success . These books have humor, some mystery and some romance added in this one. They have a message from God every morning while working on the case. Not preachy at all. No language, which I like. Just a good clean fun, relaxing read. Enjoy.
Sheila Siler
Apr 25, 2015 Sheila Siler rated it liked it
Okay

A nice simple murder mystery with two unlikely hero. Two overweight semi-retired cops take on whatever case comes to town. The plot was good and the characters basically interesting. A fun read, but a bit too educational to me. Feels like the author is a teacher that felt the obligation to make sure I learned while reading. Not a bad thing, just a little distracting at times.
RO G'ma
May 09, 2015 RO G'ma rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this author's books. He immediately draws the reader into his characters. I have read six of the books in the author's Dekker Cozy, one of the books in the Off the Beaten Path series and one of the books in the Aylesford Place series and can highly recommend them all, proving that a good story with great characters and humor does not need obscenity, graphic violence or sex. Please keep writing these wonderful books!!
Diana Hall
Mar 03, 2016 Diana Hall rated it it was ok
I love mysteries and mysteries with a little comedy are even better. With that being said, this one didn't quite keep my attention. I read it all the way through but was disappointed with the ending. I felt like the story was finally getting somewhere, then it was over. I did enjoy the characters, but probably won't read any more of there adventures.
Allison Kohn
Mar 30, 2015 Allison Kohn rated it it was amazing
I enjoied this book even before I realized it was a real mystery and not just a comic. I would have never got to the mystery if the first part hadn't been so funny. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good mystery and anyone who enjoys a splice of life with humor. I love the way it ended too - I haven't seen an ending like that in a long time.
Diana
Jun 05, 2015 Diana rated it it was amazing
It's a mystery but a fun read. As two detectives try to find out who locked two alumni in the freezer at the school, they share tips on losing weight and finding love. I enjoyed trying to figure out who did it while enjoying the fitness and dating adventures. It has almost inspired me to pull my Wii out and get some exercise in. Enjoyable, relaxing and fun!
Kimberly
Mar 14, 2015 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud funny! I've read several of these books and really like them but this is my favorite. I read alot - it's my escape - and this time I needed something not too serious. Yes, murder is always serious, but Cy and Lou are so funny and likeable. Loved it!
Gane
Apr 25, 2015 Gane rated it did not like it
Jeanne d'Arc goes on a diet, with extensive Wii presence.
Maybe these are better if you read them in order but I have no intention to find out.
The writing had no "flow" to it, I felt like it had not been edited. The characters were bland and did not strike me as witty at all.
Cindy
Nov 19, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it
Humorous Christian-based mystery. The overweight detectives have gotten themselves in check and changed their lifestyle while finding the killer(s). Ending is a surprise, as well.Standalone and the best of series so far. ©2013 Recommended.
Esther
May 29, 2016 Esther rated it liked it
Cute story.

I read the first few chapters before bed and thought it started out slow. I picked it up the next day to give it another try and really enjoyed the characters and the story. This is the first book I have read by Demaree, but I will look for others in this series.
Darlene
Mar 17, 2015 Darlene rated it it was amazing
This is the second book I've read in this series by this author and I look forward to reading them all. He successfully combines murder mystery with a touch of humor that keeps you on the edge of your seat in a lighthearted way. Good job Mr. Demaree.
Melinda
May 08, 2015 Melinda rated it really liked it
I am still loving Cy and Lou and believe this is my favorite book of the series thus far. There are so many suspects in this one. The fun banter between these two friends is still interesting. I am on to #6.
Sandy
Mar 17, 2015 Sandy rated it it was amazing
I can not tell you how much I enjoyed this book.I never laughed so hard reading a book in a long time.I highly recommend this book if you like murder mysteries and humour, an odd combo but it sure works here.
Peggy Morton
Mar 02, 2015 Peggy Morton rated it it was amazing
Another winner!

This is the third of the Murder At...... series I have read. I enjoy the two detectives, Lou and Cy and their way of solving crimes. I also like the other mystery book recommendations!
Melissa Martin
Jan 13, 2015 Melissa Martin rated it it was amazing
Loved it.

Steve Demaree did it again, this book was great. It is perfect lazy day reading at its best. Can't wait to read more.
Charlene Davis
Feb 16, 2016 Charlene Davis rated it it was amazing
Justified murder?

I like your books Steve, the two main characters are great. The back and forth in Cy's brain cracks me up.
Susan
Feb 17, 2016 Susan rated it it was ok
After a High school reunion two people are reported missing - days later their bodies are found and Lt. Dekker investigates.
Didn't seem like their was a lot about the murders in this book
C
Feb 16, 2016 C rated it liked it
Not sure

I am not sure why I read the books in this series, except that I like the two detectives. The plot was all right but their repartee drives me nuts.
Michele bookloverforever
2 semi retired homicide detectives solve a murder of 2 unpopular characters...but can't prove their case.
Betty Minor
Feb 18, 2016 Betty Minor rated it it was amazing
Good read

I really love this book and love the 2 characters can't help but laugh at them and his next door neighbor would recommend
Marilyn
Mar 06, 2015 Marilyn rated it really liked it
Good

this book is one that keeps you wondering what has happened in the past and how it relates to the present
Cat Juggler
Mar 13, 2016 Cat Juggler rated it liked it
Impatient with all the silly banter in the beginning; enjoyed the middle; disappointed with the ending.

Martha Mcneely
Mar 01, 2015 Martha Mcneely rated it it was amazing
Another excellent Demaree mystery

Decker & Murdock team up to solve another homicide and Dekker makes two life altering decisions. A can't miss read in a series of great mysteries!
Sharee Hurtgen
Sharee Hurtgen rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
May 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Cars, Cats and Crooks (Kimble Detective Agency, #1)
  • Ting-A-Ling (Dev Haskell Mystery, #7)
  • Tear Down and Die (Cara Mia Delgatto Mystery, #1)
  • Death and Taxes
  • The Lady Who Cried Murder (Mac Faraday Mystery, #6)
  • The Arrangements - Box Set (The Flower Shop Mystery Series #1-3)
  • A Body at Bunco (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #8)
  • Necessary Proof (Sonoma, #4.1)
  • Murder in Christmas River (Christmas River Mystery #1)
  • A Hardboiled Murder: An Aggie Underhill Mystery (A quirky, comical adventure): An Aggie Underhill Mystery
  • Catnip (The Dunbarton Mysteries Series, #1)
  • Money & Murder (Matt Kile Mystery, #3)
  • Murder, She Floats (Damon Lassard Dabbling Detective Mystery #3)
  • Flapjack (Case Files of Icarus Investigation, #1)
  • A Cup of Murder (A Roasted Love Cozy Mystery #1)
  • The Hope Diamond (A Sweet, Delicious, Madness Cozy Mystery #1)
  • The Lady Who Sang High (Reed Ferguson #7)
  • Quinn Goes West (Liam Quinn Mysteries #3)

Dekker Cozy Mystery (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • 52 Steps To Murder (Dekker Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Murder in the Winter (Dekker Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Murder In The Library (Dekker Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Murder at Breakfast (Dekker Cozy Mystery #4)
  • Murder at the Art & Craft Fair (Dekker Cozy Mystery #6)
  • Murder in Gatlinburg (Dekker Cozy Mystery #7)
  • Murder at the Book Fair (Dekker Cozy Mystery #8)
  • Murder on a Blind Date (Dekker Cozy Mystery #9)
  • A Body on the Porch (Dekker Cozy Mystery, #10)
  • Two Bodies in the Backyard (Dekker Cozy Mystery #11)

“you,” Frank uttered, as he reached out and” 0 likes