Start by marking “At No Man's Command” as Want to Read:
At No Man's Command

At No Man's Command

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  20 reviews
The shock engagement of the century! It looks as if our favourite tearaway, the notorious Aiesha Adams, is trying to change her spots. Inside sources have revealed that not only is she currently holed up in the Scottish countryside with the gorgeous aristocrat James Challender, but the pair are secretly engaged! We've always had a soft spot for Aiesha, and with rumours of ...more
Published June 17th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about At No Man's Command, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At No Man's Command

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
This was definitely a unique Harlequin Presents. Aiesha really is a bad girl. She's not a very nice person, and while I felt sympathy for her, at first, she was not easy to like. As time went along, it was clear that her outrageous behavior and caustic personality was a defense mechanism against the deprived nature of her childhood and all its attendant disappointments. She used sex as a weapon, and I'm not ever a fan of that kind of behavior. At the same time, it was refreshing to have a bad he ...more
Desere
So many people have been misjudged before. Sayings such as
"She's from the wrong side of the tracks" or " Trailer trash ! Looking for an easy way to easy money." People like this are not only sadly misjudged they are accused of all kinds of nasty things, even more tragic some of them choose to not defend themselves and instead just goes with the reputation.

Lucky for some they do find that one person who sees right through the facade and finds the real person. In the new Melanie Milburne read th
Alex is The Romance Fox
Wow, a bad girl instead of bad boy!!!!!!!!! A Vegas lounge singer  photo 38b64c2948a1f06abb6cfbd594180aa0_zps7971b079.jpg
and you know those British aristo  photo 40f49be7-1367-4af0-971e-823cc61322fa_zpsd15d3bad.png
Love it!!
She sashayed over to him, deliberately trailing one of her fingertips along the whitened tendons on the back of one of his clenched fists. ‘Loosen up, James. You’re as wound as a tight spring. If you need an outlet for all that pressure- ’ she batted her impossibly long eyelashes at him, ‘-just call me, OK?’
Aiesha Adams, a former street kid – yes, a totally unsuitable wild child  photo 19023627-256-kcc3d4033_zps15abbb14.jpg adopted
Helen
This is a very moving story about Aiesha Adams a girl from the wrong side of the tracks who has gone through so much in her life and puts on a show that she is notorious trouble maker breaking up marriages but when James Challender the handsome rich aristocrat meets her again after many years this time he gets to know her when they are stranded in a snow storm at his mother's place and what ensues is an up and down journey to a very moving HEA. I really enjoyed this one as Aiesha and James learn ...more
Diah Didi
I really really like this kind of story. Predictable, I know, but I really enjoyed reading it.
Jacqueline
This was only okay. I didn't really enjoy the heroine. I can get behind a bad girl feisty heroine but this one just didn't do it for me. Her motivations weren't strong enough or not presented strongly enough. Her characterization was all over the place. The sudden way the hero fell for her was not well done. I kind of went 'wait! what?' The plot was thin and not much happened. Meh.
Nas Dean
AT NO MAN’S COMMAND by USA Bestselling author Melanie Milburne is a July 2014 release by Harlequin Presents.

Aiesha Adams is known as the flirty fun loving girl. She also had the reputation of breaking up James Challender’s parents and causing their divorce, so why was James mother still in touch with her? Was she really the girl other people saw her as?

James hated her but finding her at his mother’s home gave him food for thought. He’d been fighting his attraction to her all through his life. W
Kate Schreffler
While I enjoyed spending time with the characters, the plot was very formulaic and predictable. The writing was also completely over the top, way too flowery in my opinion. The upside was that it was short and I read it in a day, and I was somewhat curious about the outcome, so I kept reading even though it did end exactly the way I thought it would. Just not my style of writing or book.
Rubina
She...
She is Aiesha Adams. A Vegas showgirl, a home wrecker and above all without any scruples. But still endearing. A lady who has seen it all, endured it all. Aiesha comes out very strong as a character. In fact, for this genre, I got a shock at the way her character is portrayed. Where is the damnsel in distress - the one which we are so used to? This lady knows how to throw the punch- literally. At first, as a reader, I didn't know whether I even liked her. Too cut throat for me. And then, s
Sandra R
Very emotional - excellent writing and I read it in one sitting. Loved both the h/h and I thought it was very gutsy of the author to veer away from the usual type of heroine. As to why some people gave this one star ? - maybe it was out of their comfort zone... But that is what writing should do.
Kim
When I started this one I was pretty sure it was going to be terrible. While I will probably never seek anything like this out again, I can at least admit that it wasn't abysmal. There were actual emotions in the story and the characters get to know each other a little bit before they actually get down and dirty (the sex was well-written too, which helped). James is likable enough but Aiesha (also: Aiesha? Really?) was way too over the top to even seem remotely realistic.

With books like this, I
Alexia
Aiedha Adams ran away as a teenager because of physical abuse to her mother by her stepfather. Currently she is hiding out due to a scandal involving a married man.
James Chalkender shows up at his Moms house to find Aiesha. The woman responsible forhis parents break up. He's in a serious relationship with Pheobe until the news comes out that he's engaged to Aiesha.
Can a lounge singer from Las Vegas have fairytale ending? Pick up this story and find out.
Liliah
I loved Aiesha she is different from all the predictable heroines of HP , all nice and perfect... She really made the book for me . Plz I need other HP with heroines like Aiesha any recommendations?
Elena
This book made me cry. It was intense and now it's one of my favorite story. Sometimes love can be very hard.
LoveRomance
Really off month for Presents. This was hardly worth finishing. Very disappointed.
Liliah
description

Aisha Adams made the book for me , I wasn't expecting to find this kind of heroine in an HP book , she was sassy , playful , naughty and with a strong personality which is a bit refreshing .

Harlequin Books
"Milburne’s romance of polar opposites is provocative, her characters revealing and her expressive narrative beautifully sets the scene. The love scenes are hauntingly emotional and the uncovering of her heroine’s dirty secrets climatic" (RT Book Reviews). 4 1/2 stars
Jenny
Another HP with a Lindsay Lohan/Paris Hilton heroine!
Harlequin Books
received 4 1/2 stars @ RT Book Reviews
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Nina
Nina added it
Jun 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I grew up on a small farm on the outskirts of Sydney and as a keen horse rider, often competed in local gymkhanas and even broke in a few horses from time to time. As I was surrounded by animals, I decided at an early age to become a nurse, however I couldn’t stand the sight of blood and so opted for a career in teaching. It’s a bit ironic that I married a surgeon.

I read my first Mills & Boon
More about Melanie Milburne...
Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child Deserving of His Diamonds? One Last Night Innocent Wife, Baby of Shame The Wedding Charade