Start by marking “The Return of the Rebel” as Want to Read:
The Return of the Rebel

The Return of the Rebel

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  52 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
The guy from the wrong side of the tracks…

Being promoted should be a dream come true, only it means working closely with Cleo's childhood crush, Jax Monroe. Jax may no longer be the rebel she remembers, but he still gets her heart racing like no other.

Jax cares too much about Cleo to let her get too close—but keeping his distance is proving impossible! As Jax reveals the
Published July 1st 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Return of the Rebel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Return of the Rebel

Aditi
Oct 08, 2014 Aditi rated it really liked it
They say, "Without a bit of Drama, life is way boring". Although I'm not a great believer of dramas in a relationship, but then again, whom can I blame after all Harlequin Books scream DRAMA!

I won The Return of the Rebel by Jennifer Faye in a giveaway on her blog. And here I'm trying to write a decent review for this book. So a huge thanks to the author for sending me over a copy of her book.

The narration is done by the two protagonist of this book, Cleo and Jax. Cleo is working as Host in a
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I really enjoyed the first book I read by Faye which was why when asked to review this one I didn't hesitate.

Let me tell you, I may have liked her first book, but I loved this one. This was such a good read and believe it or not I have been in a book slump when it comes to romances, which is ridiculous and unheard of for me but I was and this pulled me right out of it. In fact, I read this in a single sitting.

I love these type of romances, where the characters already knew each other, grew up t
Andrea Guy
Jul 17, 2014 Andrea Guy rated it it was amazing
It has been awhile since I've read a Harlequin Romance, but this book reminded me, why I have to pick one up every now and then. I actually think the last Harlequin Romance I read was her, Safe In The Tycoon's arms, which was a fantastic read.

This one was just as good. And its a sweet romance. Sometimes you can get a bit of overkill on the smut and that's why I will always buy one or two books from the Romance line.

I love stories where people revisit old loves/crushes and that's what this book i
Rubina
Jul 19, 2014 Rubina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Cleo Sinclair represents all women who are trying to live their lives in their own terms. She grew up in a farm and her whole family was involved in that. But she knew she wanted more. She wanted to see the world and make a mark for herself. With her childhood sweetheart already gone in pursuit of his dreams, she had nothing to stay in the small town for. But her action caused a family tragedy and even if she was not to be blamed for it, she bore the shame of being 'the accused.'

Cutting off from
Ellen
Jul 04, 2014 Ellen rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-arc
This is my fourth Jennifer Faye book and I can honestly say that I have truly loved them all. Jennnifer Faye has such a talent for writing those feel good romances that just warm your heart and make you smile, and The Return of the Rebel certainly falls into that category.

The main characters, Cleo and Jax, are unknowingly thrust together as a result of Cleo's job. To say it takes them by surprise is an understatement, especially since Jax is trying to keep a low profile because of some things g
Sue Galuska
Jun 23, 2014 Sue Galuska rated it really liked it
This story is about Cleo, our heroine who grew up in small Wyoming town on her family's ranch. Cleo wants to spread her wings and see what else is out there. After attending an Ivy League college on the east coast she gets a job at a casino in Las Vegas. Cleo's family wants her to move back home. Her father ends up getting killed in an accident while on the phone arguing with Cleo to come back home. At the funeral, Cleo's mom lays into her and tells her to leave that the accident was all her fau ...more
MBR
Cleo Sinclair is in for the surprise of her lifetime when her newly promoted position brings her face to face with her one time childhood crush Jax Monroe. Any hope that Cleo would be immune to the man Jax had become is crushed from the minute his very presence sets her senses on high alert, even when on Jax’s part the feelings do not seem to be reciprocated.

Jax might want to be indifferent where Cleo is concerned but the childhood memories of both of them together had always stayed with him. Ha
Jane Hunt
Jun 06, 2014 Jane Hunt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Return of the Rebel by Jennifer Faye

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

'The Return of the Rebel' is a lovely sweet romance with memorable, likeable characters and a plot with dangerous undercurrents.

Cleo the only girl in a family of ranchers knows their lifestyle is not for her. Las Vegas is the polar opposite of Hope Springs but Cleo weighed down by other people's expectations and a tragic secret is determined to make a new life there. Serendipity brings her fac
Karielle
Jul 14, 2014 Karielle rated it liked it
Shelves: blog
At age fourteen, Cleo had the most painful, most obvious schoolgirl crush on her big brother's best friend: the dangerous, brooding Jax Monroe—and to be honest, she's always been in love with him, even after he left town without a word. Now, she's finally up on her feet with a handsomely paying casino job and the determination to make amends with her estranged mother, so it's a shock—and not even a pleasant one—when, after all these years, Jax comes barreling back into her life.

I was attracted t
Jessica Settle
Jun 12, 2014 Jessica Settle rated it it was amazing
I received this book from a goodreads giveaway. I absolutely enjoyed it! It was very well written. Max and Cleo have a ton of chemistry. I will recommend to others!
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Jul 17, 2014 Elizabeth Horbaczek rated it really liked it
4 stars This book was given to me for an honest review.

This is my first time reading this author, and I have to stay I love her happily ever after story. I like that it was more of a sister longing after a brothers best friend, but it was more than that. Cleo in essence was jaxs best frienfpd because they had secrets, but they were too young to realize. Cleo, even though she is a strong character sbe was still in turmoil so it made her a very likable herion. Jax the bad boy, wrong side od town m
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

I was lucky enough to get a chance to read Jennifer Faye's latest book The Return of the Rebel. I have to say that it's one of my favorite out all of Jennifer's books. Each of her stories tend to be sweet and leave you with a fuzzy feeling. However, this story was a little different from the previous novels she has written. Yes, it still leaves fuzzy sweet feelings, but there's a little hint of danger. I guess that is bound to happen when you have a story set in Vegas.
ChuCha
Jul 09, 2014 ChuCha rated it really liked it
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

He was the guy from her past, from the wrong side of the tracks and the guy who broke her heart. She should be happy getting promoted and receiving a substantial amount of money because she needed it badly, but Cleo wasn’t so sure as her excitement plummets a little bit when her childhood crush, Jax Monroe suddenly came back into his life as her new VIP client. He may have changed a lot, which includes being a hotshot big time who can gamble a whole lot of
Julie
May 15, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
This review will be posted on Night Owl Review web site in the near future.
Peggy Clayton
Jun 24, 2014 Peggy Clayton rated it it was amazing
Loved it, was so exciting and just love the cat in it and how a man never wants to deal with the litter box so funny.
Tina "coffee and books"
Hotness Rating 2 out of 5

I love Jennifer Faye! Her books just make me feel all good and gooey. The Return of the Rebel is no different. Jax and Chloe have tons of obstacles and past hurts to overcome, but if anyone can do it it's them.

Jax Monroe was tired of being known as the town loser, so when he had a chance to get away he did. He not only escaped the town, he thrived. Finding out his business partner was embezzling wasn't fun, but Jax did the right thing by turning him in. But, now he's
Harlequin Books
"Faye’s romance tugs at the heartstrings and the surprising element of suspense is the perfect addition to make this one fly off the shelves. Readers will be engaged from start to finish as they try to unearth secrets alongside the bold characters" (RT Book Reviews). 4 1/2 stars TOP PICK!
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
4.6 Star

Cleo & Jax grew up in a small town. When they grew up they both left town to pursue there dreams. Cleo is working in a casino and comes across Jax who is going by a different name.

Cleo is going to try and figure out what is going on with Jax. Jax is trying to hide part of himself and not be attracted to Cleo.

A few twists and a great romance will keep you turning the pages.

Jennifer writes a funny sweet romance that will have you falling for both the characters in the story.

Andrea
Jul 21, 2014 Andrea rated it really liked it
** 3.5 stars **

The Return of the Rebel is the third book of Jennifer Faye's that I've read, and I have to say it's my favorite. We have our heroine Cleo, who fell in love with town bad boy Jax Monroe, as a young teen. With him being five years older and her brother's best friend, that was obviously a no-go. Jax's family issues prompted him to leave town as soon as he could, to make a better life in a new place. Cleo moved on, but never forgot her first crush. When fate lands the two together ag
monica ♪
2.5 'it was okay' Stars

I won this signed ARC from the author via goodreads first reads giveaway contest.

ABOUT THE BOOK

Title: The Return of the Rebel
Series: Stand-alone
Author: Jennifer Faye
Release Date: July 1st 2014
Rating: 2.5 Stars
Cliffhanger: No
Writing Style: Third Person POV
Character Development: The Heroine (Cleo) and the Hero (Jax) were fine. Not that great, just good and none of them were annoying.
HEA: (view spoiler)

MY REVIEW

First of all thanks to goodreads and the
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Jun 29, 2014 Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe) rated it really liked it
4 stars

Sweet romance with a bit of angst. Great summer read; pacing is fast and it held my attention the entire book. Wish there had been more about the court case, instead of it taking place entirely in the background.
Melissa M
Dec 22, 2014 Melissa M rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author, and maybe even Harlequin. I thought it was a great book. It is a story about Cleo working with her childhood crush. It's a cute little love/romance with a little bit of drama.
Tawnya
Aug 23, 2014 Tawnya rated it really liked it
This is a story of unrequited love going back to Cleo being a young teen. When they meet up again the sparks fly. Jennifer Faye wrote a really good book that I recommend.
Judy
Jan 01, 2015 Judy rated it liked it
I won this e-book in an online giveaway to read and review.

A fun Harlequin romance - Cleo and Jax meet up again in Vegas - she had a crush on him while growing up and he soon finds out that she's all grown up now. Good chemistry and nice story.
Tonya Lucas
Nov 12, 2015 Tonya Lucas rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Faye's 4th novel is steamy, a little suspenseful, and hard to put down. This is a fantastic summer read.
Mona
Oct 08, 2014 Mona rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
Review to come
Lauren Johnston
Lauren Johnston rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Linda Buzard-Moffitt marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Thinkbluemouse
Thinkbluemouse rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2016
  • Single Dad's Christmas Miracle
  • What Belongs to Her (Templeton Cove, #3)
  • The Recruit (MTG Agencies #1)
  • Hard Irish (Weldon, #3)
  • Saved By The Bride (Wedding Fever, #1)
  • The Cinderella Bride
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • How a Cowboy Stole Her Heart (Larch Valley, #4)
  • Cold in the Shadows (Cold Justice, #5)
  • The Return of Mrs. Jones
  • Bad Kitty
  • Holiday Sparks
  • Partners In Crime
  • Monsoon Wedding Fever
  • Bluestone Song (Welcome to Bluestone, #2)
  • Risking Trust (Private Protectors, #1)
  • Midnight Special / Coming on Strong
  • Double Take
Award-winning author, Jennifer Faye pens fun, heartwarming romances. Jennifer has won the RT Book Reviews Reviewers' Choice Award, named a TOP PICK author, and been nominated for numerous awards. Now living her dream, she resides with her patient husband, amazing daughter (the other remarkable daughter is off chasing her own dreams) and two spoiled cats.

Jennifer loves to hear from readers—you can
More about Jennifer Faye...