Start by marking “Riding Hard (Sons of Chance, #15)” as Want to Read:
Riding Hard (Sons of Chance, #15)

Riding Hard (Sons of Chance #15)

Sometimes a cowboy needs a second chance…

Some mistakes can't be undone. After making the absolute worst decision of his life, horse veterinarian Drake Brewster will do whatever it takes to make amends with his best friend. And it starts with a summer at the Last Chance Ranch. But not everyone is thrilled about it…especially bartender and psych student Tracy Gibbons.

Tracy
Paperback, Harlequin Blaze #803, 224 pages
Published June 17th 2014 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Riding Hard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Riding Hard

Tina "IRead2Escape"
3.5 Hearts

Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

Riding Hard is the 15th book of the Sons of Chance series by Vicki Lewis Thompson. I discovered this series about 10 books in, so I can say firsthand that you can pick up these books at anytime and not feel like you've missed a thing. Even better you can read them out of order and have the same result. I really enjoy the Sons of Chance series. It's a nice, smooth read that just leaves you feeling good when you're done.

Drake Brewster is punishing himself. That's
Mem
B803 July14 Sons of Chance #15. Drake made a mistake he can't undo or forgive himself for. He will do what ever it takes to make amends to his best friend Regan. When Regan and Lily take a trip, Drake is called in by Tracy Gibbons to help her with a pregnant mare.
Tracy has been cool and judge mental in her dealings with Drake at the Spirits and Spurs, right is right and wrong is wrong!
Interesting transition between the two and the interference and assistance by their friends. Good continuation
Adria (Romance Reviews)
Originally posted on Adria’s Romance Reviews.

When Drake Brewster decided to go to the Last Chance Ranch to earn his best friend’s forgiveness after sleeping with said friend’s fiancé, he didn’t think he’d be treated to such polite iciness. Apparently, everyone knows Drake’s best friend, Regan O’Connelli and they seem to be on Team Regan. Sadly, this includes Tracy Gibbons, the pretty bartender and temporary house sitter for Regan and his new fiancé Lily.

Try as she might, Tracy can't ignore Drake
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Amanda‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

3.5 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

Riding Hard by Vicki Lewis Thompson is a light, entertaining read on second chances and forgiving your mistakes. Drake Brewster did a doozy of a mistake. Not only did he loose his best friend but he slept with his best friend’s fiancé. He hit rock bottom when he realized that he had no idea who he was any longer and felt very lost. He knew things had to change and be a better person and frien
Jennifer Hines
Jun 11, 2014 Jennifer Hines rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC of this book free from NetGalley on behalf of Harlequin in exchange for an honest review*

Drake may have made amends with his best friend Regan, but the rest of the town isn’t ready to forgive him. As a matter of fact, he considers himself the town leper, and for that reason he doesn’t flirt with a single woman…which is completely out of character for him. Not even the gorgeous bartender who catches his eye will cause him to make a move.

Tracy is the town sweetheart and they are
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
Drake Brewster made a horrible mistake six months ago, one he regrets deeply. His best friend may have forgiven him but the people of Jackson Hole have not. He feels like a leper, so he doesn't even flirt with any of he women in town, including the hot bartender. This is so out of character for him, but he's determined to change his ways, and dead set against making any kinds of moves on her.

Tracy Gibbons is the hot bartender and the whole town is very protective of her. She doesn't like Drake
Hsiau Wei
Aug 20, 2014 Hsiau Wei rated it liked it
It is a book of forgiveness and redemption and what you truly want in your life. Drake knew that he makes a horrible mistake which he deeply regretted. He feels unworthy and because of that, he doesn’t want to in contact with people in his town. He wanted to change his ways and earn back the trust that he have destroyed. Tracy is a bartender in town and the town people is very possessive of her. She doesn’t have a good impression on Drake but dislikes the sizzling attraction that she have for hi ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Drake Brewster knows he screwed up with his best friend Regan O'Connelli by screwing his fiance. Drake is a vet but doesn't have the knack that Regan does with horses. Drake seeks out Regan to make amends for what he's done and to find direction with his life. Tracy Gibbons can't abide infidelity which makes it harder for her because of her attraction to Drake. When Regan asks Tracy to house sit with the admonishment not to take in any new animals while he's gone. Regan also asks Drake to be the ...more
Kimberly Walter
Feb 18, 2014 Kimberly Walter rated it really liked it
Drake Brewster came to make amends with Regan O'Connelli, and ended up staying to figure things out with his life. But his stay is not a warm welcome, far from. Especially Tracy Gibbons. Who Drake wants with a passion. Too bad she don't feel the same. or so he thinks.

Tracy see things in shades of right or wrong. And what Drake did, she thinks was VERY wrong. But she still wants him. When Tracy is asked to watch the horse sanctuary for her friends, she has to rely on Drake. It gives her perfect
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Drake really did his best friend wrong and even when he is forgiven he is at loose ends. He does not want to go back to the life he was living so he decides to stick around. When he meets Tracy Gibbons she helps him come to a decision about what he wants. They also fall in love. Tracy does not make it easy on Drake and it is fun seeing how he has to work to win first her trust and then her love. Riding Hard is another great short fun love story in the Sons of Chance series. Everything happens in ...more
Sheryl
Jan 04, 2015 Sheryl rated it it was amazing
I have read all of the books in this series so far in paperback form and I loved them. Even though this is by no means the first in the series it can be read as a stand alone.
Shoshone seems to be a place where people can come when they are looking for a second chance. That is exactly what Drake Brewster is looking for after a life changing mistake.
Tracy Gibbons has lived in Shoshone all her life. When Drake comes to town she can't help the attraction she feels when he's around despite what she
Eileen
Apr 29, 2014 Eileen rated it really liked it
Drake Brewster did the unspeakable by having an affair with his best friend's fiancé. He now wants to change his life and make amends. Tracy knows his story and doesn't want to be attracted to him but she feels a pull towards him. He helps her out at her horse rescue farm and she sees a different side of him. Not one of my favorite subjects when you deal with infidelity.
Connie
Sep 18, 2014 Connie rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! I really was thinking I wouldn't like it because I thought I would not like the hero. Boy was I mistaken! I loved the hero and how it showed his vulnerability but he was also a very strong male character. Super sexy, masculine, writes poetry! some of his lines to the heroine were just wonderful!! Great book!
Cheryl
Sep 29, 2014 Cheryl rated it really liked it
This is my first book in this series. I will definitely go back and read more of them. A great cowboy story about Drake Brewster. We learn about Drake's mistakes and his quest to figure out why he made them and forgive himself. It is a lovely story of forgiveness. I loved Tracy who helped him see himself for the man he really is and was meant to be.
Joy Strother
Jun 13, 2014 Joy Strother rated it it was amazing
I love this book.It is very romantic.I can't wait to read the next book in the series.I love Vicki Lewis Thompson!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Sons of Chance
Melissa Spears
Aug 01, 2015 Melissa Spears rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love a good cowboy !

I can always count on Vicki Lewis Thompson to give me a good cowboy story! This series on the Chance Cowboys is wonderful!
Jennifer rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2014
Yelenne
Yelenne rated it it was ok
Aug 08, 2014
Rita Jastreboski
Rita Jastreboski rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Cristin
Cristin rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2017
Laura Hannaway
Laura Hannaway rated it liked it
May 07, 2014
Corina_dana33
Corina_dana33 rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2017
Tonya Whitlock
Tonya Whitlock rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2014
Jenn Allen
Jenn Allen rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Karen Roberts
Karen Roberts rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2016
Robin James
Robin James rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2015
Renee Sturgill
Renee Sturgill rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2017
Cindi
Cindi rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Closer (Men Out of Uniform #14)
  • Double Exposure (From Every Angle, #1)
  • Double Take
  • No Strings...
  • Game On (Last Bachelor Standing, #1)
  • Cabin Fever
  • The Mighty Quinns: Logan (The Mighty Quinns, #23)
  • Lead Me On
  • Coming Up For Air
  • Wild Weekend
  • The Texan's Baby (Texas Rodeo Barons, #1)
  • Wound Up (Pleasure Before Business, #2)
  • Command Performance
  • Wicked Sexy (Navy Rescue Swimmer Trilogy, #1)
  • Her Man Advantage (Double Overtime, #2)
  • Naughty Christmas Nights
  • She's No Angel (Sweetheart, South Carolina, #2)
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Vicki Lewis Thompson believes love makes the world go around and laughter makes the trip worth taking. The recipient of RWA’s Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award and the author of more than ninety books, Vicki pioneered a new kind of romance hero with Nerd in Shining Armor. Following the success of her nerd stories, Vicki launched a boisterous paranormal ...more
More about Vicki Lewis Thompson...

Sons of Chance (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Wanted! (Sons of Chance, #1)
  • Ambushed! (Sons of Chance, #2)
  • Claimed! (Sons of Chance, #3)
  • Should've Been a Cowboy (Sons of Chance, #4)
  • Cowboy Up (Sons of Chance, #5)
  • Cowboys Like Us (Sons of Chance, #6)
  • Long Road Home (Sons of Chance, #7)
  • Lead Me Home (Sons of Chance, #8)
  • Feels Like Home (Sons of Chance, #9)
  • I Cross My Heart (Sons of Chance, #10)