Start by marking “The Warrior's Vow” as Want to Read:
The Warrior's Vow

The Warrior's Vow

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  9 reviews
He Was Hers to Command

Swept away from her home and into the desert, Abigail is as much a prisoner as she is a princess. A ruthlessly ambitious captain of the palace guard intends to force her into marriage and rule Judah through her. Yet the badly beaten soldier Abigail rescues offers another choice—if she dares trust him.

She is royalty, yet Jesse is surprised by the g
Published July 1st 2014 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Warrior's Vow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Warrior's Vow

Great sequel!
The Warrior’s Vow is Christina Rich’s second book for Love Inspired Historical, after The Guardian’s Promise. It picks up right after the first book ends, following Jesse’s story, whom we met in the previous book. While it is technically a sequel, you don’t have to read the first book to understand this one - they both standalone very well. I liked Jesse in The Guardian’s Promise, so I was very excited to read his book and am happy to say that I really enjoyed it!
I loved all the hi
Sherida Stewart
What an enjoyable book!
Though romance is my favorite genre, this is the first time I’ve read a romance novel set during the historical times of the Bible. The Warrior’s Vow, by Christina Rich, brought the people of that period alive for me. It is interesting to get a sense of life during those times through the well-chosen words used by the author.
This is a well-developed story, emphasizing that the choices people make defines their characters. I enjoyed the progression of Abigail’s evolving st
Jennifer Hallmark
The Warrior's Vow by Christina Rich is an awesome read in the historical romance genre. Her descriptions were so real, I felt like I was walking in the desert and hiding in caves along with her characters. The interaction between Jesse and Abigail as she struggles to find God was very well-written. I would highly recommend this book to everyone, especially people who love a good romance...
Dana
what a refreshing story! I loved it from the first page. I couldn't see how Abigail and Jesse could ever work out, but Christina made it believable. I hate giving specific details in reviews, but my heart broke for what these characters had suffered through. Definitely a keeper.
Kav
Fluid, melt-in-your-mouth writing deepened my reading pleasure. I love this author's way with words. They urge me to lose myself in another time and place and I experience culture shock when I'm pulled back into my present day reality. Great talent for any writer but especially a historical one.

I loved the heart of this story -- one woman's awakening to the world around her and the God who created it. There's a kind of Rapunzel/Sleeping Beauty ambiance about this princess. Abigail has spent her
John Hanscom
This is the second in a very good Bible series.
Amy
The Warrior’s Vow is a great book. I loved Abigail, the daughter of the evil queen, Athaliah. I felt sorry for her in the beginning but loved how much she had grown and became a strong woman. And who could not love the hero, Jesse.
This book is a short but great piece of Biblical Fiction. Christina Rich definitely know how to write. I look forward to more from her.
4 stars.
Harlequin Books
"This second story involving the hero’s family and their part in the struggle to return Judah to worshipping God is an interesting and realistic look at what might have been if these fictional characters truly existed. The time period is well presented" (RT Book Reviews). 4 stars
Molly Murphy
This book was short but packed a lot in to the short story so that it was really the perfect length. Abigail is a Judean princess considered to be weak because of her compassionate heart, and Jesse is a Levite soldier whose wounds Abigail tends. They fall in love, of course, and take turns saving each other's lives. I enjoyed the romance because it wasn't half-hearted or overdone, not sappy or too realistic to make a good story. I also enjoy the fact that it shows that not all royals were spoile ...more
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Lena
Lena added it
May 09, 2015
June
June marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Makenzi
Makenzi marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Dale Young
Dale Young is currently reading it
Dec 20, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
 Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Kittykorn
Kittykorn marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Rhonda Gibson
Rhonda Gibson marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 05:47PM
The Guardian's Promise Captive on the High Seas Christmas Treasures: A Collection of Christmas Short Stories Love Inspired Historical March 2014 Bundle: Winning Over the Wrangler\Wolf Creek Homecoming\A Bride for the Baron\The Guardian's Promise Love Inspired Historical July 2014 Bundle: A Hero in the Making\Groom by Design\Second Chance Cinderella\The Warrior's Vow