Start by marking “The Warrior's Vow” as Want to Read:
The Warrior's Vow

The Warrior's Vow

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  33 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
He Was Hers to Command

Swept away from her home and into the desert, Abigail is as much a prisoner as she is a princess. A ruthlessly ambitious captain of the palace guard intends to force her into marriage and rule Judah through her. Yet the badly beaten soldier Abigail rescues offers another choice—if she dares trust him.

She is royalty, yet Jesse is surprised by the g
Published July 1st 2014 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Warrior's Vow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Warrior's Vow

Jun 27, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
Great sequel!
The Warrior’s Vow is Christina Rich’s second book for Love Inspired Historical, after The Guardian’s Promise. It picks up right after the first book ends, following Jesse’s story, whom we met in the previous book. While it is technically a sequel, you don’t have to read the first book to understand this one - they both standalone very well. I liked Jesse in The Guardian’s Promise, so I was very excited to read his book and am happy to say that I really enjoyed it!
I loved all the hi
Sherida Stewart
Jul 02, 2014 Sherida Stewart rated it it was amazing
What an enjoyable book!
Though romance is my favorite genre, this is the first time I’ve read a romance novel set during the historical times of the Bible. The Warrior’s Vow, by Christina Rich, brought the people of that period alive for me. It is interesting to get a sense of life during those times through the well-chosen words used by the author.
This is a well-developed story, emphasizing that the choices people make defines their characters. I enjoyed the progression of Abigail’s evolving st
Jennifer Hallmark
Jul 12, 2014 Jennifer Hallmark rated it it was amazing
The Warrior's Vow by Christina Rich is an awesome read in the historical romance genre. Her descriptions were so real, I felt like I was walking in the desert and hiding in caves along with her characters. The interaction between Jesse and Abigail as she struggles to find God was very well-written. I would highly recommend this book to everyone, especially people who love a good romance...
Dana
Jul 12, 2014 Dana rated it it was amazing
what a refreshing story! I loved it from the first page. I couldn't see how Abigail and Jesse could ever work out, but Christina made it believable. I hate giving specific details in reviews, but my heart broke for what these characters had suffered through. Definitely a keeper.
Kav
Aug 06, 2014 Kav rated it it was amazing
Fluid, melt-in-your-mouth writing deepened my reading pleasure. I love this author's way with words. They urge me to lose myself in another time and place and I experience culture shock when I'm pulled back into my present day reality. Great talent for any writer but especially a historical one.

I loved the heart of this story -- one woman's awakening to the world around her and the God who created it. There's a kind of Rapunzel/Sleeping Beauty ambiance about this princess. Abigail has spent her
John Hanscom
Jul 24, 2014 John Hanscom rated it it was amazing
This is the second in a very good Bible series.
Amy
Jul 01, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
The Warrior’s Vow is a great book. I loved Abigail, the daughter of the evil queen, Athaliah. I felt sorry for her in the beginning but loved how much she had grown and became a strong woman. And who could not love the hero, Jesse.
This book is a short but great piece of Biblical Fiction. Christina Rich definitely know how to write. I look forward to more from her.
4 stars.
Harlequin Books
"This second story involving the hero’s family and their part in the struggle to return Judah to worshipping God is an interesting and realistic look at what might have been if these fictional characters truly existed. The time period is well presented" (RT Book Reviews). 4 stars
Molly Murphy
Oct 01, 2014 Molly Murphy rated it really liked it
This book was short but packed a lot in to the short story so that it was really the perfect length. Abigail is a Judean princess considered to be weak because of her compassionate heart, and Jesse is a Levite soldier whose wounds Abigail tends. They fall in love, of course, and take turns saving each other's lives. I enjoyed the romance because it wasn't half-hearted or overdone, not sappy or too realistic to make a good story. I also enjoy the fact that it shows that not all royals were spoile ...more
patsy anderson
Dec 02, 2015 patsy anderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

Very sweet, innocent love story suitable for any age group. God based story of love, betrayal, cruelty and the age old quest for power. Biblical history, blended with a delightful young couple who are trying to overcome their differences in their upbringing and faith.
June
Nov 17, 2015 June rated it it was amazing
The boys wanted to read something without Cowboys and cops. They wanted something old like Knights or gladiators. They were intrigued by a princess who was a prisoner. We enjoyed the story of Jesse and Abigail. Other characters like Nathan and Jonathan were also interesting. Since I was reading out loud to them, I had fun tripping over some of the names. We enjoyed the adventure and the battles of the story.
Melody
Jan 18, 2016 Melody rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this second book! I was hoping for this particular story and was not disappointed! This was a hard book to put down. I read it as swiftly as I could! :)
Amy
Amy added it
Jan 20, 2016
Smadduxcarpgmail.com
Smadduxcarpgmail.com rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Tina Keller
Tina Keller rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Elisa
Elisa marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Sara
Sara rated it it was ok
Dec 09, 2015
Wenona
Wenona marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2015
Wendy Hedegore
Wendy Hedegore is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2015
Madi
Madi rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Emily Rose
Emily Rose rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2015
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2015
Seleyia
Seleyia marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Kristina Wagler
Kristina Wagler rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015