Start by marking “Abiogenesis (Cyberevolution, #3)” as Want to Read:
Abiogenesis (Cyberevolution, #3)
Open Preview read ebook

Abiogenesis (Cyberevolution #3)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  734 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Reuel CO469 is tall, dark, and infinitely dangerous. His is the face that launched a million flyers. He is the first of his kind, the first cyborg to go rogue, the leader of all who'd come after him, and the only rogue nobody has ever come close to catching. From the moment Dalia first sets eyes on him, she knows she is lost. She can no more resist his dark allure than she...more
Published March 31st 2005 by New Concepts Publishing (first published March 31st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Abiogenesis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abiogenesis

Redeeming Zorus by Laurann DohnerTaunting Krell by Laurann DohnerTouching Ice by Laurann DohnerBurning Up Flint by Laurann DohnerStealing Coal by Laurann Dohner
Robots, Androids, Gynoids, Cyborgs, My Loves
12th out of 136 books — 181 voters
Ral's Woman by Laurann DohnerClaimed by Evangeline AndersonHunted by Evangeline AndersonSought by Evangeline AndersonFound by Evangeline Anderson
Mars Needs Women Trope
59th out of 280 books — 278 voters

More lists with this book...

Sammy, Halloween Monster Sex Guru
****4 Cyborg Panty Melting Stars****

Reuel, Panty Melting Machine, Rouge Cyborg Badass, & Leader of all Cyborgs

Reuel

“I am not a machine. This flesh feels. This body desires. This mind wants. So, unless you want to discover what it is like to spread your legs for a cyborg, I would advise you to stop rubbing your very tantalizing little body against mine. I might decide to fuck you until no human man will ever do for you again.”

I fell in love with Reuel in The Awakening and couldn't wait to read his...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
I do love this series, see my reviews for Cyborg and Cyborg Nation for the back story.
This is actually the first story of this series (I read it backwards and still loved it!) -- the story of Reuel and Dalia. The Cyborgs are trying to create their own civilization and Dalia is now pregnant with the first Cyborg offspring. The Cyborgs were bred with no feelings, and the Hunters were cyborgs given artificial memories to make them believe they were human. When Dalia finds out she's really not human...more
Carolyn F.
2nd reading. Love this book. The cover makes you think this book is about a kick-ass heroine in the jungle. Actually, it's about betrayal and misunderstandings and learning and finding love. Fantastic read even the 2nd time around. *****

Previous review 06/24/11 Terrible cover - fantastic book. I am more and more impressed by this author with every book I read. This one has Dahlia, a cyborg hunter, waking from a medical eval with a med tech about to give her a shot. She can tell he's nervous and...more
Zeek
This is futuristic sci fi/erotica, but it surprised me how entertaining I found it. I say surprised me because yes the sex and language is graphic but the author did some world building! Lots of internalized narrative from the characters as well which actually sorta brought the book down for me- made the heroine feel wishy-washy.

But all in all a fun read!
Jacqueline
3-1/2 stars. A nice story from KO'C. This one explained a lot of the background of the cyborg world. It was not one of her funny ones. I felt it could have benefited from more explanation and more scenes to lead the reader to believe more strongly in the developing feeling between the 3 protagonists. It seemed like the scenes were there but they should have been longer and more developed. For example in the hold on the way to the cyborg planet there is a woman who everyone knows is crazy and the...more
Holli Cathcart
Coyora Dokusho
5.22.2014

The science is... nonexistent, so SUSPEND YOUR DISBELIEF. Logic is oftimes absent as well, again, suspend, suspend, suspend. Still liked it. The inherent logic bombs would have destroyed a *real* AI's mind though... XD

But, really, with school done for now, I'm enjoying my round of mindless reading about cyborgs and aliens coming to mutilate our cattle and steal our women... Wait!!! there haven't any cattle mutilations... YET

10.12.14

Yep, I dun like this one as much as the first one, even...more
Merve  Özcan
Aslında "OK" bile değil ya neyse. Bu tür cyborg hikayelerini seviyorum, ancak bunu pek tatminkâr bulamadım. İlk başta kickass bir kadının hayatta kalma mücadelesi, sonrasında ise erkekle mücadelesi falan anlatılıyor. Hiç olmadık yerde bit gibi biten 2. erkeğin ortaya çıkması ise sıçtı batırdı hani. Bir de neymiş ona da aşıkmış. Ay haspam benim. Kitabın başındaki karakterle sonundaki karakter, tüm hepsi için geçerli, son derece alakasız. Kurgu zaten güzelden vasata doğru her kelime de seyir etti....more
Laura (Kyahgirl)
2.5/5; 3 stars; B-

The cover is horrible and has nothing to do with the story. Why do they do that?

Otherwise, this story was not noteworthy in any way.The writing was ok and the author was more consistent than in Awakening, which made me scratch my head. It reminded me very much of Laurann Dohner's Cyborg series but I liked Dohner's books more. Meh.
Julie C
Pretty good as a start to the series. Cyborgs are damn hot. Loved Reuel and Pierce and Dahlia was very kick-ass. The premise was interesting and drew a sad portrayal of a futuristic earth. It seemed, though, that as soon as we got to the MFM part of the story, it was over. I needed more details...but I do plan to continue reading.
Rachel
Loved it!!! Course, I'm kind of biased as Kaitlyn O'Connor is one of my favorite authors. Sci-fi, sexy, and very erotic with characters I genuinely enjoy.
Ladymcbeth
Auntee
Jul 05, 2008 Auntee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Auntee by: on loan from Daisiemae
Just not my favorite genre but a hot, well-written book. 3 1/2 stars.
Laine Aerith Yue
Delta
Aug 24, 2014 Delta rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of sci-fi-adventure-erotica
Recommended to Delta by: Sammy
Abiogenesis is another great ride on the Cyberevolution train. If you enjoy sci-fi-adventure-erotica, I recommend this series beginning with book 1, The Awakening.
Sparkyhedgehog
Starry
Jun 30, 2012 Starry marked it as to-read
Verodarling Melani
4.5 stars. Interesting story. I liked the characters, but I would have liked some aspects to be explored more deeply. I think the book should have been a little longer, but it still was a satisfying read. I look forward to reading other books from this series.
Tawnee
After coming to a conclusion, I give this book 4 stars. I would have given it 3 stars, but the end of the book and the epilogue made me so stinkin' happy. :-) I wanted Pierce, Reuele, and Dalia to be together when they were intimate. This is the first book I have read when the couple has a menage relationship and doesnt have sex together. (meaning mostly m/f/m not m/f with the occasional m/f/m). It was quite a change. I would have felt like I was cheating on one person or the other, even though...more
laaddis
I enjoyed the series but they would have been better if they had been reviewed much better for gramatical errors. If not for so many errors I would have given them higher ratings.
Ashley
I was disapointed with this book. The plot line was interesting in the Production Review and I was on a Sci Fi trip after reading Laurann Dohner Cyborg series (which I Loved) I thought why not try this. I felt the plot line was there for the book but the writing and dialogue were lacking big time. Its one of those books where you feel like you could have done a better job writing it. I just wanted more. Not the length but better dialogue with the charchters and more depth to the storyline especi...more
Sandra
I really enjoyed this scifi romance, first in the series Cyberevolution.

As the name implies, the cyborgs are rebelling. The bad guys are their creators, The Company.

Dahlia is a Rogue Hunter, until The Company tries to terminate her at a Med facility (where she finds out she is pregnant, but has no clue how). She is on the run and finally finds her way to the smugglers to get off-world.

Where she meets Reuel, leader of the Rebels, father of her baby, and the very cyborgs she has been trained to h...more
Paige
3.5 Stars

A decent read. I liked the subject. I also liked that the author doesn't spend too many pages re-stating the same things over-and-over-and-over, as some authors do [e.g. Christine Feehan]. (Maybe I should have bumped it to four stars, just for that!) The first sex scene "feels" unnatural--not in a good way. Also, something about the end just didn't satisfy. Maybe it would have been better with just a little more "fleshing out". Other than that, I liked the book.
Lady Savitar
Crappy cover! But it is a good and interesting read. The plot, setting, and characters were well thought out. And for an Elloras Cave novel, the writing was pretty up there, it didn't sound strained or too ancient. O'connor didn't go overboard with her futuristic plot because, personally, it was pretty realistic. Although, the internal monologue of the characters bored me sometimes but I get it. In reality ... in real life situations, we've all got internal monos going on.
MK
This is the story of Reuel and Dalia. Due to some circumstance, Dalia is forced to leave the company and joined Reuel. The passion between them is sizzling, but Reuel is really a complicated man to deal with. I really like Dalia's character, the resilience and her way to deal with circumstances. The ending is surprising and gives a chance for the cyborg species. Overall, I enjoyed this story.
Jessica Weissenburger
Definitely an interesting opening to a great series! Loved Reuel and I really liked that the female lead was a strong woman rather than most of the weaklings I usually come across. This isn't the best book in the series, but it's definitely not the worst either. Worth the read, especially since Reuel is flat out amazing!
Tina
Heard about these for awhile and loved books 1-3. Great Sci-fi and the romance was good. Multiple partners are the norm with more males and one female. I felt that there was a stronger connect with one of the multiples would have been better than equal among them. Not extremely graphic.
Mistress SuckMyBlackDagger
uhh. not so much.. It was hard not written very well. just something about the sentence structure was off. The time frame was choppy. I liked the idea of it but uhh just didnt hit the mark. Kinda like the Laurann Dohner storyline just not as well written.
Fallon Blake
I would say that this is more a science fiction novel with erotic elements. The sci-fi is that good. The world is fully realized and fleshed out with non-human characters that are not only believable, but likable. I really enjoyed this.
Brian
It was a good read. I wouldn't say that the language was graphic or overly erotic. This was the first time I have read a book like this(erotica). I don't know if I was looking for more in the detail. Over all it kept in interested.
  • Alien Rule (Clans of Kalquor, #2)
  • Alien Overnight (Aliens Overnight, #1)
  • Stealing Coal (Cyborg Seduction, #5)
  • In Service
  • F814 (Cyborgs: More Than Machines, #2)
  • The Trigon Rituals (Trigon Rituals #1)
  • Namesake (Voiders, #1)
  • Captive (Entwined Fates, #1)
  • Devilish Dot (Trek Mi Q'an, #6)
  • Submission
  • Darkling Seas
  • Belle Starr
  • Prime Obsession (The Prime Chronicles, #1)
  • Ja-Rael's Lioness
  • Binding Krista (Fallon Mates, #1)
Stats:
■Kaitlyn has written and completed nearly 140 intellectual properties under several pen names in different genres.
■She has written over 8,000,000 (yes, more than 8 million!) words in published works.
■She has nearly 50 partials in various genres in various stages of completion. :0
■In 2004 she wrote 27 different stories which, together, amounted to nearly a million ‘printed’ words.
■Howeve...more
More about Kaitlyn O'Connor...
Genesis (Enslaved, #1) Cyborg (Cyberevolution, #4) The 9th Orb Cyborg Nation (Cyberevolution, #6) The Lion's Woman