Start by marking “¡Cómo el Grinch robó la Navidad!” as Want to Read:
¡Cómo el Grinch robó la Navidad!

¡Cómo el Grinch robó la Navidad!

4.36  ·  Rating Details ·  244,683 Ratings  ·  2,102 Reviews
En este relato clásico del Dr. Seuss, disponible en español en una magnífica traducción en rima, el Grinch trata de prohibir la Navidad. Desde su publicación original en 1957, esta historia ha conmovido a sus lectores con su mensaje de amor y del significado verdadero de la Navidad.
Published August 1st 2000 by Lectorum Publications (first published October 12th 1957)

To ask other readers questions about ¡Cómo el Grinch robó la Navidad!, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
AMY GREGORY
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
shari Because my first book I read is that book I love it lol

Vicki
Mar 31, 2016 Vicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas, children
Of course it is a five star rating. How could it be less. I can pretty much say it by heart when I read it at Christmas time. It is always brought out, just like the Night Before Christmas.
Those reading always takes center stage in our Christmas traditions. Once we read the book, we watch the original cartoon. sometimes we even watch the movie The Grinch to top off the perfectly Grinchy evening.
Anne
Dec 25, 2015 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-kid-in-me
So lovely and positively brilliant. Just inspiring!

My first book by Dr. Seuss, everyone!

And now onto the movie!! Gosh I love Christmas.
Tamara
Every Who down in Whoville liked Christmas a lot

But the Grinch who lived just North of Whoville did not!

The Grinch hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season!

Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.

It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.

It could be his head wasn't screwed on just right.

But I think that the most likely reason of all

May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.
Come on, you know the story.

In Whoville, live the Whos, an almost mutated sort of
midnightfaerie
Aug 13, 2013 midnightfaerie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
How can anyone not love Dr. Seuss or the Grinch? I grew up on the Christmas animated cartoon that always showed on T.V. and the book was just an added bonus to a wonderful story. I can still sing that song. A wonderful story and a great book to pass down through generations and a great way to start a family tradition of reading a story at Christmas time. Who says it always has to be the Night Before Christmas?
Yulia
May 13, 2008 Yulia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whenever someone asks me if I celebrate Christmas and I'm about to be catty and say that I don't because I'm not a Christian, I wish an alert would sound in my ear and warn me not to be like Grinch. "Don't steal Christmas, Yulia. Don't do it!"
Christina
" Then he got an idea. An awful idea. The grinch got a wonderful, awful idea. "

Not my first time reading it by any means, but just read it with my kids for a bedtime story. I forgot how the grinch is kinda my favorite Christmas related character :)
Mike (the Paladin)
A wonderful children's book. The Grinch not being the kind of person you'd really want to spend time with when the story opens, learns that here is much more to Christmas, than just packages, bows, and ribbons, not to mention feasts and roast beasts.

And the world would have been an infinitely better place had Ron Howard never gotten his hands on this story.

Really.
Ronyell
Grinch

“How the Grinch Stole Christmas” is Dr. Seuss’ memorable classic about how the Grinch tried to steal all the presents from the Whos of Who-ville to spoil their Christmas. “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” is definitely the best out of all of Dr. Seuss’ books that many children will enjoy for many generations.

Dr. Seuss’ tale of finding the true meaning of the Christmas spirit has been memorable in many generations’ eyes and the writing is excellent as it is written in a creative way by using a rhy
Fernando González y Lozano
Dramatic, Mavellously Funny, and Full of Humans Lessons.
Carol
I've always wanted to read Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas and now I finally have......

Everyone knows the wonderful story of the mean-green ole Grinch who tried to stop Christmas from coming to Who-ville, and that his itty-bitty heart grew three sizes larger the day he learned the true meaning of Christmas from the adorable little WHO town-folk.

This has been one of my favorite stories since it first aired on TV back in 1966, and I still try to watch it every year even though it someti

Foad
What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store?
What if Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more...?
Licha
Dec 06, 2015 Licha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite Xmas stories ever.
Isa Lavinia

One of the annoying things about English not being my first language is that I missed out on a lot of popular children's books. And the thing is, when you do get to read them as an adult, you are fully aware you're not experiencing them as you were meant to - there are a great many books beloved by English speaking people which I read and go, "Oh, okay, was that it?"

Not the Grinch, though!
I got this book for Christmas, last year, a gift from a friend of mine from the USA. And I loved it!!

It mu
Tim
Apr 18, 2008 Tim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
If your only knowledge of this story is through film (either animated or live-action) you must . . .MUST . . . run out and read the actual, original text. Seuss's work is so visual and his playful, inventive language is so captivating that filmmakers (even when Seuss is directly involved as in the Boris Karloff-Voiced Grinch) can't help but pad his work with long passages devoted to interesting drawings of wackily-named who-toys.

But in the book, the most Seussian reference is to who-hash.The Wh
Mandy Crider
Jul 28, 2015 Mandy Crider rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite children's books! My favorite line from this book is, "Christmas doesn't come from a store"! I love it and I love how the Grinch realized that Christmas is about love and hope and togetherness. Such a great message for both children and adults!
Sandra Miksa
ALL TIME FAVORITE FOREVER AND EVER I LOVE THE GRINCH SO MUCH. IM GOING TO GO WATCH THE MOVIE FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME. URG SO GOOD. BEST CHRISTMAS BOOK AND MOVIE. 6 STARTS.
Summer
4 Stars, Completed December 18, 2015

I can’t believe it took me this long to finally get to this story despite having watched the animated and motion picture adaptations countless of times. How the Grinch Stole Christmas! was just as heartwarming as the films, and a picture book I highly recommend to families with children that are a fan of Dr. Seuss.

In this story, readers meet the Grinch, a grouchy creature that simply cannot stand Christmas and the idea that the Whos down in Who-ville celebrate
Jackie
May 18, 2012 Jackie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Seuss is one deep-thinking philosophical dude who takes you on an emotional roller coaster. I mean, wow, how many times have I puzzled until my "puzzler was sore." Little Cindy Lou Who's narrow escape from the Grinch's evil clutches--when he got her drink, patted her on the head, and sent her to bed--had me crying with relief. AND SPOILER ALERT: The Grinch gets to carve the roast beast at the Who's Xmas feast in the end. All I have to say is my heart grew three sizes the day I read this stor ...more
Holli
I think pretty much everyone has seen the cartoon version of this story, along with the live action one. This story is so cute, it's hard to resist reading it. I try to watch the animated version every year it comes on. The book is a quick, fun read, and quite silly. I have only one question, am I the only one that hears Boris Karloff narrating it while reading the book?

COYER: Read a book with a Christmas theme. (1 point)
Jordi Balcells
Dec 25, 2015 Jordi Balcells rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¡Es un milagro navideño, me ha gustado! Tiene un gran ritmo.
Anita
Dec 05, 2015 Anita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hungarian: 4 stars, English 5 stars.
So beautiful and cute. *.*
Mariel
Mar 23, 2011 Mariel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: waitin' on a superman
Recommended to Mariel by: Sufjan Stevens?!
The Grinch didn't steal my Christmas. I had one of my "I hate everybody I'm related to except for the twin who is a lot like me" moods today (it was understandable as they are assholes. They deserved it and I did not). Everything breaks around me except for hearts long drawn out sigh. The day was already shaping up to one of those days that could only be improved by the ground opening up and swallowing me hole. Coming home to find vehicles of people I would rather not see again? Where is that as ...more
Stephen
Aug 15, 2010 Stephen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
3.5 stars. Another great Children's story by Dr. Seuss. My second favorite Dr. Seuss after The Cat in the Hat. I loved reading this to my kids at Christmas time the first year they were old enough to enjoy.
Amina
Feb 15, 2016 Amina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves happy endings ^^
The book is awesome and so is the movie
Julia
Jan 01, 2016 Julia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Soooo süß. =D
Bam
A favorite to be read every year, reminding us that the true meaning of Christmas is not about things. "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more."
John Yelverton
Sep 07, 2015 John Yelverton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books that I ever read as a child. It is as much a must read now as it was back then.
COME_TO_THE_DARK_SIDE
Best children's book ever!

Colleen Houck
I love reading this every year at Christmas. One of my favorite stories.
Make a New Holiday Classic 1 2 Dec 25, 2016 03:18PM
What book(s) that is related to Christmas do you like the best? 16 41 Dec 23, 2016 09:53AM
  • The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV
  • Bear Stays Up for Christmas
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas
  • Who's That Knocking on Christmas Eve?
  • The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree: An Appalachian Story
  • Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect
  • Dr. Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham: For Soprano, Boy Soprano, and Orchestra
  • How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?
  • Mud Puddle
  • Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever!
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • Amelia Bedelia
  • Santa Calls
  • Madeline's Christmas
  • Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel
  • The Polar Express
  • Serendipity
More about Dr. Seuss...

“Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!” 3012 likes
“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow,
stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”
1411 likes