Start by marking “Thomas' Calculus 11th Media Upgrade Part Two Plus MyMathLab: Media Upgrade” as Want to Read:
Thomas' Calculus 11th Media Upgrade Part Two Plus MyMathLab: Media Upgrade

Thomas' Calculus 11th Media Upgrade Part Two Plus MyMathLab: Media Upgrade

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  226 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Published April 21st 2007 by Addison Wesley (first published 2000)

Be the first to ask a question about Thomas' Calculus 11th Media Upgrade Part Two Plus MyMathLab

Katie Lynn Fox
I just took my calc 3 final and I'm now officially finished with this book. It's been good, but I'm ready to be done. I've been using it since August 2006.
I spent one year and a half studying from this book and here is the story:

Calculus 1:

SuTuTh 11-11:50 am

Calculus 3:
Fall 2011-2012
SuTuTh 9-9:50 am

The book is great..I enjoyed studying from it "for a while"...chapter 10 and 15 are horrible..but I finished calculus Finally..
I studied from an earlier version of this book in college in 1980. Loved it then. My prof was Ross Finney (now deceased, like Thomas), at the time a co-author. A great book and a great teacher.
The best maths book i've ever seen. Perhaps, for some readers it may be too long, but every subject is explained in a very .. hmm... explicit way, which makes it an excellent self-study textbook.
Zarish Fatima
1 year reading this book. it was my first maths book coming in uni. I liked it some of it was foreign to me and always will be because we do not do graphic and computer mathematical problems. But it would have been cool if we did. It is nice book and designed for students early in their professional studies and does not have any complicated symbolization like in other calculus books i went through.
Rajat Sangwan
best book i ever read.....
Oct 05, 2007 Nadia rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone study calculus
bcos im going to have an exam 4 this paper on 2nd Nov then i've 2 use this book as a reference...i need it now..n going to really need it do help a lot but sumtime quite confusing..but of cos the content of this book that i can say 4's MARVELLOUS..hehe..only 1 thing that a bit 'lece'..this book is very the berat lah..tebal sgt...nk buka pn susah..huhuuhuu
Haytham Badawey
Used this book for practice and solving problems while learning Mathematica software. It's very dense and extensive book, covers too many details about calculus techniques, theorems, problems, applications, etc.

It's a famous book, and the solution manual is what makes this book unique and interesting.
This calculus book is a good introductory book for the Calculus 1 class at SLCC, but once the student has passed into Calculus 2 and above the book is lacking in a great deal of explination and has little more value than a paper weight or kindling.
Jan 10, 2011 Muneshmeena is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
there is no time to think as bein an iitian i hav a lot to carry on readin n let me read..
Buku ini telah membuatku merasa aku bukan lagi diriku. Di saat kamu ingin merasa bego, dianjurkan membaca buku ini.
A very good guide with excellent excercises for a calculus student.
Nate Ellis
Everything you need to know
Sam added it
Nov 25, 2015
Hina Siddique
Hina Siddique marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Naeem is currently reading it
Nov 15, 2015
0711233881 marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Rai Adnan
Rai Adnan marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Moges marked it as to-read
Divesh Bhagat
Divesh Bhagat marked it as to-read
M.Abu Bakr
M.Abu Bakr marked it as to-read
  • Complex Variables and Applications
  • Calculus
  • Biology: A Course for 'O' Level
  • Elementary Principles of Chemical Processes [With CDROM]
  • Calculus, Volume 2: Multi-Variable Calculus and Linear Algebra with Applications
  • Chemical Process Control: An Introduction to Theory and Practice
  • Analytical Mechanics
  • The Economics of Public Issues (HarperCollins Series in Economics)
  • Mathematics for Economists
  • Naive Set Theory
  • Solid State Physics
  • Biochemistry
  • A Course of Pure Mathematics
George Brinton Thomas, a mathematician who turned a one-year teaching appointment at MIT into a 38-year career and whose well-regarded textbook has been used around the world, died Oct. 31 of natural causes in State College, Pa. He was 92.

Thomas, known as a young teacher for his ability to communicate mathematical concepts, was hired in 1951 by publisher Addison-Wesley to revise their then-standar
More about George B. Thomas Jr....