Start by marking “Ino's Love” as Want to Read:
Ino's Love

Ino's Love

A Christmas tale of family, love, and forgiveness. Note: this is a short story.
Published December 10th 2013 by Bunky Press

To ask other readers questions about Ino's Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ino's Love

Kati
Apr 14, 2014 Kati rated it it was amazing
*** I was given an e-copy of this book by the author. All opinions are my own.

This book took me no time at all to read. As soon as I started reading I was hooked and devoured the pages. This was a very touching Christmas story.
Amie Gaudet

Release Date: September 21, 2015

Publisher: Bunky Press

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

DESCRIPTION FROM AUDIBLE:

"Into prepares a Christmas feast for her successful CEO son, but when he's too busy to spend the holiday with his mother, she shares her dinner and gifts with her home health aide. Sometimes, the people who love us best are not family."

MY REVIEW:
Caffee K.
Dec 29, 2015 Caffee K. rated it it was amazing
When I asked about short stories, I was given this one by Marianne Sciucco to read. Thanks to having interviewed her, I had a sneaking hunch what I was getting in for. Little did I know just how much it would resonate with many of my own patients during my time as a home health aide.

Though the story is only about a single day, it is a day well worth remembering, and has a very happy (and surprising) ending. From the time Marianne enters the home until the time she leaves for the night, the story
Margarida
Jan 05, 2016 Margarida rated it it was amazing
Um delicioso conto sobre uma idosa, Ino, que na antevéspera do Natal espera a visita do filho. Tem 80 anos e recebe a visita várias vezes por semana de uma auxiliar, que lhe faz as limpezas e verifica se ela tomou a medicação. Esteve internada no hospital há algumas semanas, com uma crise de diabetes e cardíaca.
Ao decorrer do conto vemos a alegria da idosa em preparar um jantar especial para o filho, com tudo o que ele gosta e a preocupação da auxiliar, por ela se estar a cansar. Quando se apro
Teressa
Oct 19, 2015 Teressa rated it it was amazing

"A Bittersweet Story by a Wonderful Author"

I absolutely loved listening to "Ino's Love." There was a lot of love packed into this audiobook. I simply adored Ino and on some level can relate to her situation. She's older and in not so great health therefore she has Ruby, her home healthcare nurse who helps her with things and makes sure she takes her medicine. When Ruby shows up on December 23, to her surprise, Ino's been cooking for her son who's planning to visit.

I especially enjoyed Marianne
Kathryn Theulen dailey
Nov 05, 2015 Kathryn Theulen dailey rated it it was amazing
"Heart touching"
Would you consider the audio edition of Ino's Love to be better than the print version?
It is a book that can easily be listened to in the car on your way to work. So that makes the audio nice.

What did you like best about this story?
Ino what a sweet caring lady. I would love to find out that this story was based on a real lady the author had known. She unconditionally loved her son. Even though he had let his life become more important than spending time with his mother.

Which char
S.A. Molteni
Nov 24, 2014 S.A. Molteni rated it it was amazing
no's Love by Marianne Sciucco is a Christmas story that will pull at your heart strings and warm your spirit.

Ino is an elderly woman, Ruby is her care-giver. The two woman have a special bond, as do many care-givers and their clients in the real world. When Ino's successful son again cancels a visit to Ino on Christmas, Ruby goes above and beyond the call of care-giver duty to make certain Ino is not alone on Christmas.

As a daughter with an elderly mother, I see just how important visits to her
Susie Q
Apr 01, 2016 Susie Q rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet and tender short story that turned out to be a wonderful listening experience for me. In the past, I have only listened to a couple of short stories and was a bit disappointed in them. What a nice surprise to listen to Ino's Love! Ino is a lovely older woman who shows her love in such a nice way to her son and her caregiver and left me with sweet memories of my grandmother.

I was given this audio book in exchange for and honest and unbiased review.
Katy
Mar 25, 2016 Katy rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written short story about an elderly woman and her caregiver through a home health service. I love Ino's spunk! Thanks to the talent of the author, the reader comes to know Ino and the narrator as if they are living, breathing people, and this reader ached for Ino's situation and cheered at the perfect, resonating ending. This story will stay in my heart and memory always.
Julie Powell
Sep 01, 2015 Julie Powell rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of this short story.

A bitter-sweet story of the love a woman for her offspring, despite the excuses of neglect for her.

This is a well-written tender tale of love, heartache, giving and taking.

Recommended.
Laura Hermosa
Sep 21, 2015 Laura Hermosa rated it it was amazing
I recived a free copy from Story Cartel in exchange of my review. I have to say that this story moved me deeply and when finished reading it I had 3 ideas in my mind: to punch Frank's nose, to hug Ino and to visit my parents with more frequency
Kate
May 06, 2016 Kate rated it it was amazing
This is a heartfelt short story. Too many times the scenario is so real. Very appropriate especially before Mother's Day.
Dimple Malhotra
Dimple Malhotra rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2015
Kandi Crill
Kandi Crill rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Dyanne Green
Dyanne Green rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2015
Judy Conley
Judy Conley rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it did not like it
Jan 27, 2016
Donna Maguire
Donna Maguire rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2014
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Mitebsyco
Mitebsyco marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Peggy McAloon
Peggy McAloon marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Jean Dunham
Jean Dunham marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Krysten Hager
Krysten Hager marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Jessyca Garcia
Jessyca Garcia marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Ying Xi
Ying Xi marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2015
Deshanna
Deshanna marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Kathy Ellner
Kathy Ellner marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Caren
Caren marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Celise
Celise marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Lelouch
Lelouch marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Sandra Crow
Sandra Crow marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Amy Linquist
Amy Linquist marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Susanne
Susanne marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Blythespirit Reviews
Blythespirit Reviews marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Dianna
Dianna marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2016
Barb
Barb is currently reading it
Nov 21, 2016
I'm not a nurse who writes but a writer who happens to be a nurse. A lover of words and books, I dreamed of becoming an author when I grew up, but became a nurse to avoid poverty. I later brought my two passions together and write about the intricate lives of people struggling with health and family issues.

My debut novel, BlueHydrangeas, an Alzheimer’s love story, is a Kindle bestseller, IndieRea
More about Marianne Sciucco...