Start by marking “Weird Indiana: Your Travel Guide to Indiana's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets” as Want to Read:

Weird Indiana: Your Travel Guide to Indiana's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets (Weird Travel Guides)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  11 reviews
"Weird Indiana "is here to prove that the Crossroads of America, as our state motto claims, is also the Crossroads of the Weird! There's such an abundance of weirdness here that it took three authors to showcase all the odd and offbeat wonders the Hoosier State has to offer. Our authors, Mark Marimen, Jim Willis, and Troy Taylor, set off with cameras and notepads in hand, ...more
Published May 6th 2008 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about Weird Indiana, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weird Indiana

Anthony Ventrello
As a lifelong Hoosier, I knew that I had to grab this book and find out about Indiana's best kept secret places. I thought that I knew just about all there is to know about Indiana but I hadn't heard that half of it. This book is a great guide to some of Indiana's least traveled roads and I think that it would be great for a fourth grade class that is learning Indiana history to use as a supplement. Besides that, every Hoosier should read it, know matter the age.
Meredith
Weird Indiana is heavy on local legends and folklore and light on location information. Fans of Haunted Indiana, Volume 1, Haunted Indiana 2, Haunted Indiana 3, Haunted Indiana 4, Hoosier Hauntings, Haunted Hoosier Trails: A Guide to Indiana's Famous Folklore Spooky Sites, More Haunted Hoosier Trails, et al, etc, ad nauseam . . . should enjoy this book along with the cheesy photos accompanying each entry.

But this travel guide is not particularly useful for those desiring to actually travel the
Natalie
My dog ate the corner and I had to buy the library a new copy of this book. Now I have the dog bitten one for my personal collection. My dog has done maybe three *really bad* things in his entire 2 year long life. This one was one of them . . . but the question is, Why? Why this book out of hundreds? Why just one corner? Should I give him the ex-library copy? I am guessing not! Illustrations are pretty amazing and really this is a coffee table book maybe for stoners who can read? and not a trave ...more
Cherie Musselman
I felt like this book was heavy on ghost stories and legend. I was looking for more unusual places to visit.
Julie
I learned a lot of interesting things about my home state that I can't believe I had never heard of. (The body of one of John Brown's sons, killed in the raid at Harper's Ferry, was kept in a closet of a doctor's home in Martinsville???) There weren't as many strange things as Tennessee, where I live now, but it was still enlightening. These books are addictive! I just ordered Weird Texas and the first volume of Weird U.S. I can't wait! =)
Edwina Hall Callan
What a fun way to learn some Hoosier History.
I liked it.
Glenn Johnson
A coffee table book, not the kind of thing you read from cover-to-cover, but just fun to pick up & read bits of it here & there. This has become our official present to give to all members of our family! Lots of weird Indiana trivia, some stuff I had heard of before, other stuff I had not.
Katy
About odd,interesting, and/or haunted places to visit in this state. Not gender bias, but has a reading and comprehension level of atleast 4th or 5th grade.
-geography
-history
-fact or fiction/legend?
ladywallingford
Some of the tidbits were interesting, others not so much. I wish that the authors had tested out more of the stories behind the local legends. That would have made for more interesting reading.
Mindy
Aug 26, 2008 Mindy added it
Easy to read. Lost of different and interesting stories that I was not aware of in our State!
Christa
After reading this book, I went and found the stone head...
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Eric Carman Sr.
Eric Carman Sr. is currently reading it
Dec 07, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Stacy Stuber
Stacy Stuber marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Donna Hall
Donna Hall marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Kristen
Kristen is currently reading it
May 20, 2014
H. Dair
H. Dair marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Haunted Indiana, Volume 1 (Thunder Bay Tales of the Supernatural) Haunted Indiana 2 Haunted Indiana 3 Haunted Indiana 4 [With CD] Haunted Travels of Indiana