Start by marking “The Seven Stages of Money Maturity: Understanding the Spirit and Value of Money in Your Life” as Want to Read:

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  82 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Discover a powerful new way to look at your money and your life.

Where do our attitudes about money come from--and how do they influence our lives? How can we approach financial issues with honesty and without fear?

In this groundbreaking book, renowned Buddhist teacher George Kinder, a Harvard-trained certified financial planner, demonstrates how we can literally transfor
Published April 11th 2000 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about The Seven Stages of Money Maturity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seven Stages of Money Maturity

Christine Theberge Rafal
Jul 22, 2008 Christine Theberge Rafal rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finance, spirit
I gave this book 5 stars even though some of it felt like a slog. 5 stars to me means potentially life changing in a positive way. There are sentences for example like 'whenever you find yourself acting thoughtlessly around money, don't let yourself get away with it.'(not an exact quote)

And if the way you are with one thing is the way you are with everything, I feel like my ability to stick to a plan (budget/diet/schedule) for any useful length of time is increasing (maybe because of meditations
ACT
Jul 08, 2014 ACT rated it really liked it
I've never read a money book where the author includes poetry and meditation exercises. It was one of the most intelligent and approachable books about money I've ever read, and a must-read for anyone interested in looking deeper into their relationship with money.
Florina
Jan 05, 2008 Florina rated it liked it
It's one of those 7's things, using a buddhist/eastern philosophy perspective. Kinder does a good job of threading client stories throughout the book, which helps make it less preachy. Kinder successfully ties in the ideas of innocence and increasing enlightenment to how one deals with money issues. In the personal histories that he relates, some money issues are related to distrust of money, overspending, and control/communication. I found some his tools useful for drawing up a list of goals.
Nov 01, 2008 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who needs help, not just with money, but with their life
Saying "this book really changed my life" is a pretty cheesy and cliche thing to do, but seriously. George Kinder is a Buddhist financial planner, and his tips on how to approach your financial life can seriously apply to ANY part of your life. Stuff like "Pain is our bell of awakening. Whenever Pain rings its bell, we face a choice. We can rush off after some old habit to cling to, like overspending. Or we can move forward into freedom and adulthood."
Sep 19, 2008 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jennifer by: read about it in the business section of the paper
This book was a great one for healing wounds around money or just getting a handle on one's relationship with money. I am going to offer a coaching group on it starting in January. It might even help people make personal sense of what's happening with money globally.
Elizabeth
Apr 14, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Excellent. This book transformed my way of thinking about money and work. There were some repetitive and cheesy sections but overall the book challenged me to examine unhealthy, painful stories about money.
Emily Potter
Oct 27, 2007 Emily Potter rated it it was amazing
Yep. Now I'm a mature money-er. I read this book as summer reading... now THAT'S good.
Peter
Feb 02, 2008 Peter rated it really liked it
loved it.
Raj Kanwar
Raj Kanwar marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Debbi
Debbi marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Steven Chang
Steven Chang marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Aayushi Jain
Aayushi Jain marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Joseph Graves
Joseph Graves marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Rita Gehman
Rita Gehman rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Matthew Ricci
Matthew Ricci marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Bonnie K Burg LLC
Bonnie K Burg LLC rated it did not like it
Dec 25, 2015
Jessica Powell
Jessica Powell is currently reading it
Dec 12, 2015
Johnny Calcagno
Johnny Calcagno marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Alycia
Alycia marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Vish
Vish marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Carissa
Carissa marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
Dharmil
Dharmil marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Traonah
Traonah marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
Robyn Peterson
Robyn Peterson marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Doug Burnette
Doug Burnette is currently reading it
Sep 15, 2015
Mr J Stubbs
Mr J Stubbs rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2015
Jenk1013
Jenk1013 marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
  • The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life
  • CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
  • Naughty Paris: A Lady's Guide To The Sexy City
  • The Portable Coach: 28 Sure Fire Strategies For Business And Personal Success
  • The New Atkins Made Easy: A Faster, Simpler Way to Shed Weight and Feel Great -- Starting Today!
  • Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause
  • Start Over, Finish Rich: 10 Steps to Get You Back on Track in 2010
  • Your Money: The Missing Manual
  • Work Less, Live More: The Way to Semi-Retirement
  • Plenitude: The New Economics of True Wealth
  • Breath by Breath: The Liberating Practice of Insight Meditation
  • More Than You Know: Finding Financial Wisdom in Unconventional Places
  • Your Money and Your Brain

“Brent Kessel combines some of the most sophisticated knowledge of financial planning and investment strategies with a sincere and grounded practice in the meditation arts. He has written the deepest and most comprehensive book about money in some time. I applaud him for it. It calls for a serious reading.” 2 likes