Start by marking “Karma of the Silo: the Collection (Karma Omnibus)” as Want to Read:
Karma of the Silo: the Collection (Karma Omnibus)

Karma of the Silo: the Collection (Karma Omnibus)

Hey Patrice ~ I LOVE this story idea! You have my complete blessing.

Hugh Howey, author of WOOL
***
Karma lives in the Silo, deep underground. She lives with a man whom she barely knows and with a name she doesn’t remember choosing. When visions come to her about another husband, another way of life, and another world, Karma struggles to discover what came before.

Out
Published January 15th 2014 by eFitzgerald Publishing (first published January 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Karma of the Silo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Karma of the Silo

Shawn Powell
Jan 12, 2014 Shawn Powell rated it really liked it
I was so sad when I finished the Wool series by Hugh Howey...I wasn't ready to say good-bye to the world of silos that he so masterfully created. Imagine my joy discovering Silo fan fiction, specifically the Karma omnibus by Patrice Fitzgerald! There I was, right back in a silo again, this time #2. I really enjoyed reading about Helen/Karma and her story at the beginning of the move underground. I think the highest praise I can give is that, for the most part, this felt like another episode in ...more
Eamon Ambrose
Jan 13, 2014 Eamon Ambrose rated it it was amazing
Taking on the world of Wool is no easy task and Karma Of The Silo bravely takes on the life story of a significant character from the Wool series who we know existed and while didn’t play a huge part in the original story, the importance of her relationship with one of the main characters reverberates through the history of the Silos

Beginning with the early days of the Silos, the author does a fantastic job of retaining the atmosphere and claustrophobia of life underground and the characters are
Dec 28, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
A lifetime of struggle and beauty and purpose.

I have so many feelings going through me right now. Sadness. Admiration. Frustration. Strength. Anger. Hope. Joy.

I've just finished reading the omnibus and I must say, Helen/Karma is my hero. So many times I wanted her to stir up trouble, to take control, to fight back against the lies and oppression of the IT department (her husband Rick helming it) under the rule of Silo #1, but she didn't do what I expected. She didn't fight the way I thought she
Cheryl Minekime
Mar 09, 2014 Cheryl Minekime rated it it was amazing
After the phenomenal success of Hugh Howey's WOOL/Silo series, it was no surprise that others would fall in love with his creation so much that they wanted it to go on and had ideas of their own. The bigger surprise is Hugh not only gave his blessing, but his encouragement as well.

Patrice Fritzgerald's "Karma of the Silo" collection is by no means the first or only WOOL-based fan fiction now available but it certainly ranks up there with the very best. I first read the Karma stories individuall
Colette Chadwick
Jan 28, 2014 Colette Chadwick rated it it was amazing
Patrice Fitzgerald really nailed it. This is a wonderful Silo story of Karma. It creeps through the years of her life. Of how she remembers, dreams, and comes to grips with her silo life. I realized how much I missed reading Wool, and she pulled me right back into the Silo. Good Job!
Heather Duff
Mar 21, 2014 Heather Duff rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA Fans, Dystopian Fans, WOOLiverse
This year I read a phenomenal series called Wool, you may have read it, you may not, if you are in the latter please go out and read it. If you are in the former you may be having Silo withdrawal symptoms, you may feel the need to discover what went on in the other silos, you definitely have unanswered questions, you need to know what happened!

Now after finishing Dust I was tempted to go back and read all three books again but something caught my eye on Amazon's recommendations for me a series c
Dick Whittington
Mar 24, 2015 Dick Whittington rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rated-5-stars, 2014
Totally enjoyed this "world of Wool" follow-on novel. Adventures of Karma and Rick who first entered Silo 2 at the beginning and their lives together for the next 50 years. Penned by a new-to-me author whose writing, characters and plot I enjoyed. Hope she continues to explore the world of Wool and look forward to exploring her other works beyond Wool after this introduction. Loved Hugh Howey's original Wool creations and have to thank him for opening up his Wool world for other authors to ...more
Anna Mari
May 27, 2015 Anna Mari rated it it was amazing
Remembering is dangerous.
Karma remembers. At first, it is just foggy bits and pieces, but soon, she realizes that she remembers the before. Before they were underground in the silo. She remembers the day they were forced underground. She remembers her other husband. She remembers her name before she was Karma.

It's been a long time since I had a book that I couldn't put down and this was one of those books. Once I started reading it, I had to find out what happened next.

Rating: R - Language, viol
K.D. McAdams
Mar 27, 2014 K.D. McAdams rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book and fit perfectly with Wool, Dust and Shift. I was totally invested in the characters and loved getting to know them as they adjusted to life underground. This goes on my short list of books I couldn't put down, I read it whenever I had the chance and then was upset that it was over!

For anyone who has not read Hugh Howeys books Karma stands strong on its own. You don't have to be involved in the world of Wool to follow it and understand.
Chris
Jun 25, 2015 Chris rated it really liked it
As a big fan of "Wool", I'm not quite ready to leave the silo, so I'm lovin' all of this fan-fiction. Patrice Fitzgerald's "Karma of the Silo" is a great story and fits together perfectly with Hugh Howey's series. I also read Jason Gurley's "Greatfall" and enjoyed that as well. They are both great additions to the "WOOLiverse" and I'm looking forward to reading more stories from indie authors.
Kimmerie
Maia Sepp
Mar 20, 2014 Maia Sepp rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge Wool fan, but I haven't read any other stories set in the Wooliverse - until now. I was pulled in from the first page and stayed up late one night to finish. Compelling characters and awesome writing. Loved it!
Brian Lozynski
Jan 26, 2015 Brian Lozynski rated it really liked it
Really good companion story to the Wool series. Recommended for any fan of the Wool/Dust/Shift series. This writer did a great job of mimicking the same writing style as Hugh Howey - in fact you would maybe never know it was someone else besides him who wrote it.
Elizabeth
Nov 02, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Another good piece of fan faction added to the WOOLiverse. Of course, "fan fiction" doesn't seem to do this justice. Exploring the story of Karma (Helen), we get another view of life in a Silo -- this one of the old world just lost and the new world just beginning.
Kimberly Mccargo
Mar 28, 2014 Kimberly Mccargo rated it really liked it
I liked this book...borrowed it on my kindle so it was free. I have not read any of the "wool" series. But saying that I think I will buy the next in the series because she writes good characters and tells a good story.
Joanna
Apr 22, 2014 Joanna rated it really liked it
More Fan-Fic from the Wool Universe, and I loved the back story. Another unique perspective of alternate life and opportunity. Just got a little long towards the end, but was definitely a page turner if you've read the Wool series.
Kimberly Lund
Mar 28, 2014 Kimberly Lund rated it really liked it
A very quick read. Excellent reading for fans of the WOOL series by Hugh Howey. I'm not usually one to read fan written fiction but I really enjoyed this journey back into the world of Silo.
Anne
May 18, 2014 Anne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z2014-bir
Wow! Fantastic! Two of the things I normally hate, flashbacks and present tense, but in this book they were just fine. I loved this story, and I hope the author writes more Wool books!
Kat Fletcher
Mar 02, 2014 Kat Fletcher rated it it was amazing
As addictive and interesting as the original. I only wish it went further into the future of Silo 2, but I guess there are limits of what one can do inside of canon.
Misty Heringer raup
Aug 17, 2014 Misty Heringer raup rated it it was amazing
Awesome

this was a great way to continue living in the wool world. Excellent writing and it's hard to believe this is another self published authors work.
Suzanne
Aug 01, 2016 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Excellent addition to the Silo literature out there! I love reading about the early days of the Silo! Great work.
Eric Wallace
Apr 04, 2015 Eric Wallace rated it really liked it
Possibly the best-written WOOLiverse book I've read so far; fits well thematically with the originals.
michael cullen
michael cullen rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
Matthew Cornelisse
Matthew Cornelisse rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Renee
Renee rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2014
C Flegel
C Flegel rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Carole
Carole rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Deirdre Gould
Deirdre Gould rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Greatfall: The Complete Novel
  • The Diver (The Runner, #2)
  • The Silo Archipelago
  • The Cutting Room: Episode I
  • Buried Hope
  • Traveler (Joshua, #2)
  • Operation Z-Day (The Raven Falconer Chronicles, #1)
  • Dark Till Dawn (Silo 49, #3)
  • The Last to Fall
  • Air
  • Daybreak Zero (Daybreak, #2)
  • Story Time (Story Time, #1)
  • Ametsapolis Rising
  • Swan Song (Book Three in The Icarus Trilogy)
  • Little Noises (Beacon 23 #1)
  • Grandma?
  • Demonworld
Patrice Fitzgerald has had many incarnations, including lawyer, writer, publisher, singer, mother, wife, and redhead… though not necessarily in that order.

She has many tales set in the WOOLiverse, and more to come. They include:

The Sky Used to be Blue, Karma #1
Cleaning Up, Karma #2
Deep Justice, Karma #3
Rising Up, Karma #4
Last Walk, Karma #5

SILO SECRETS: Daniel

Be on the lookout for more of he
More about Patrice Fitzgerald...