Start by marking “Home: 50 Tastemakers Describe What it is, Where it is, What it Means” as Want to Read:
Home: 50 Tastemakers Describe What it is, Where it is, What it Means

Home: 50 Tastemakers Describe What it is, Where it is, What it Means

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Intimate photographs and stories reveal the private spaces of public figures.

Whether it's the memory (or fantasy) of our childhood home, or the place we decorate, show off, work from, or take refuge in as adults, it's always rich with meaning or fraught with intent.

To understand it better, 50 remarkable people of our time, many of whom have made their mark in the fields...more
Published September 5th 2007 by Artisan

To ask other readers questions about Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home

Leah
Jul 22, 2010 Leah rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: essays
"Sometimes I think that I am fighting a war for less received ideas, less aggression between people who like or do not like something. At the same time, I think design has been used for a lot of bad reasons and I regret that very much. I've never used my ideas as recipes. Many designers have one good solution, which they're comfortable with, and it's good and it's been proved to work. I'm not doing that at all. If it's a client's own home I would have to talk to them a lot. I'm not a shrink, but...more
josaleeni
I'm loving these essays by "tastemakers" sharing what home means to them and explaining why they've made certain choices for the spaces they live in. Each entry is followed by one or two photos of the space they've described. I'm guessing more people flip through this than read it, but I think I'll finish it cover to cover.
Alexandra
Alexandra marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2012
Saffy
Saffy added it
Dec 31, 2011
JeanneBee
JeanneBee marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2011
Anjsayer
Anjsayer marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2011
Terri
Terri added it
Dec 14, 2010
Cristy
Cristy marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2010
Sus
Sus added it
Mar 05, 2011
Jeanne
Jeanne added it
Apr 17, 2010
The Way We Live In the City The Way We Live With the Things We Love 1000 Home Ideas The Way We Live: An Ultimate Treasury for Global Design Inspiration The Way We Live with Color (Way We Live (Rizzoli))