Start by marking “The Graveyard Book Volume 2” as Want to Read:
The Graveyard Book Volume 2

The Graveyard Book Volume 2 (The Graveyard Book #2)

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  2,931 Ratings  ·  306 Reviews
It Takes a Graveyard to Raise a Child.

Nobody Owens, known as Bod, is a normal boy. He would be completely normal if he didn't live in a graveyard, being raised by ghosts, with a guardian who belongs to neither the world of the living nor the dead.

There are adventures in the graveyard for a boy--an ancient Indigo Man, a gateway to the abandoned city of ghouls, the strange a
Published September 30th 2014 by HarperCollins (first published September 11th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Graveyard Book Volume 2, please sign up.

Austin IT is the same exact book but it is the graphic novel there is a volume 1 and volume 2 it just has pictures i loved it

Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin
I loved the first volume of this book when I read it from the library so I bought the first and second volumes. I'm guessing this is the end for Bod and the family unless they make one where he is out on his own, it's sad :-(

In this edition we have Bod going on in years from like 11 to 14 and then a young man going out on his own.

We all know Silas as his guardian (the vamp) and he wants to keep Bod safe inside the graveyard as the man that tried to kill him as a baby is still out there in the
Adam Silvera
Jul 22, 2016 Adam Silvera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
Loved this one too!!
Kristijan
Jul 04, 2015 Kristijan rated it it was amazing
Neću da se ponavljam - pročitajte komentar uz prvi deo :D

Nastavak je urađen majstorski - u istom stilu kao i prethodni deo, sa različitim ilustratorima za svako poglavlje.
Uživao sam dok sam čitao, bez obzira na to što znam šta će da se desi na kraju.
Lauren
Aug 07, 2016 Lauren rated it it was amazing
This second volume is every bit as incredible as the first and left me teary-eyed!

Volume 2 focuses on the second half of The Graveyard Book written by Neil Gaiman and follows Nobody Owens as he (once again) escapes the clutches of The Man Jack. This graphic novel contains chapters 6-8 and I have to say that number 7 is a real rollercoaster ride! On several occasions, I felt my heart in my mouth.

This time, the stakes are so much higher, as Bod, who is now 14, comes face to face with the man who
Sesana
Nov 04, 2014 Sesana rated it liked it
Much like the first volume, this is a decent but uninspired adaptation of a book that I love. I still wish that either there had been just one artist working on the book, or that the artists that did work on it had more varied styles.
Yodamom
Jan 02, 2015 Yodamom rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-anime
Few books are more illustrated in my imagination when converted to a graphic form. Most of them suffer a loss at the hands of illustrators and hard edits. This story did not, the graphics added to the experience for me adding a feeling that had me dwelling on the pages admiring the details. I want more
Ivan
Jan 01, 2015 Ivan rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
It was nice adaptation but would I recommend it?If you haven't read the book than no, read the book first.
If you have read the book preferably not recently and loved it than yes, it new experience.

Also while graphic style looks nice, it pales in comparison to Chris Riddell's masterful illustrations at beginning of each chapter of the book.
Vladan
Jun 04, 2015 Vladan rated it it was amazing
Review :)
Lee Thompson
Feb 19, 2015 Lee Thompson rated it really liked it
My dumb ass grabbed this without realizing it was part two. Now I have to go get part one. Lol. Really like the graphic novel although the cover ruins the climax.
Nicolo Yu
Feb 09, 2015 Nicolo Yu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
P. Craig Russell and a host of artistic collaborators have produced a perfect adaptation of a Neil Gaiman novel.

It is amazing that entire two-volume adaptation retained a signature look that did not detract from a seamless reading experience despite a multitude of artist with varying styles. That is a testament to Russell's art director skills and the singular talents of the art team and each individual's ability to mesh their art for a singular house style.

As for the story, it is pretty good, i
Stella Delina
Aug 12, 2016 Stella Delina rated it really liked it
Thanks my dear friend Olga, who, with her present introduced me to that great book and story! I read the second volume first, but I want to buy the first part as well, so that I familiarize myself with the begining of the story! For me, it's fairly a classic novel!!!!!
Devi
Jun 08, 2016 Devi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nachdem ich Teil 2 vom Graveyard Book als Graphic Novel Variante gelesen habe ... bin ich mir wieder sicher, Neil Gaimans Bücher für Kinder, sind auch definitiv für erwachsene Kinder gut. Und sie helfen vorzüglichst gegen "Leseflauten".
J.P.
Nov 21, 2014 J.P. rated it it was amazing
There are books that when only a few pages are left at the end, each turn of a page that brings you closer to the end feels like a breaking heart. A long drawn out goodbye. This and its sibling volume are such books.
colleen the fabulous fabulaphile
3.5

I liked this one a bit more than the first, but I'm not sure if that's because the adaptations or better, or just because I like these stories better.

That said, I wasn't in love with the almost-realistic-but-not art of the second story, and the last story didn't have the same emotional punch as when I read it. (Not sure if this is because of what it loses in removing prose, or just because I knew it as coming.)

Overall, this is probably one of the better GN adaptations of a book I've read, but
Nov 15, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excelente historia!! Conmovedora vida de Nadie Owens.. con aventuras, con misterio...
Me encantó
Jenna
Nov 07, 2014 Jenna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this final volume to the graphic novel adaptation of the Graveyard Book. However, the final scene didn't feel as touching and tear-jerking as it did in the novel and I can't quite pinpoint why. (view spoiler)

On the other hand, I did love both art styles (I think it was just two but I could be wrong). The round cheeked and large ey
Rebecca
Jan 25, 2015 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Rebecca by: Borrowed from Tamiyah.
The character Silas, I want to know more. I hope his story is in the works. There is also the hell hound, what about her story?

While I like the character Nobody, I am really interested in all those who cared for him. I am amazed at how rich these profile characters were to me as a reader, despite the fact that so little was given to the reader.

While I was a little disappointed about the fraternity of Jacks, the Graveyard was such a captivating setting and its world so inviting to the reader's
Sarah Churchill
Oct 01, 2014 Sarah Churchill rated it it was amazing
As I said with Volume 1, these books have lovely artwork from a team of illustrators whose styles complement each other rather than being jarring.

It's a beautifully presented adaptation that really brings the story to life, probably even beyond my own imagination whilst reading the novel. Maybe it's because it's been about a year since I read The Graveyard Book, but I really felt like I was experiencing the story again for the first time.

I still would have preferred one big volume rather than sp
Shanna Hurd
Feb 03, 2015 Shanna Hurd rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, teen
The conclusion to the graphic novel adaptation of Neil Gaiman's award-winning novel. It retains the awesome story of the original book, and I love the story. The art is really good. Like the first volume, there was a different illustrator for each chapter, and this is why I gave it four instead of five stars. Though each illustrator is very talented, I found the visual transition between chapters to be just jarring enough to pull me out of the story. Still, the art was atmospheric, and the ...more
the gift
thought this was already on here, but meant to write something on it anyway: this series, each artist, the story, all make this definitely a favourite graphic for me. the artists all seem to capture and share an understated view of this story, none too radical in style, perhaps unified by common palette, by tendency to graphic realism, by similar tableau, similar rendering of characters. read this volume day after the other. works coherently as a series. may not love everything gaiman has done, ...more
Tays
May 04, 2015 Tays rated it really liked it
Well for a conclusion on the dark tales I have encountered in the previous volume, Volume 2 made it more compelling. The illustrations are simply a work of art, none the less brilliant. For a graphic novel adaptation, I seem to think that P. Craig Russell did justice to the Neil Gaiman original. The panels were quite extraordinary and it doesn't feel like it's forced. It leaves at such a high note where you would actually want more of Nobody's tales of the world.

I could easily recommend this to
Raihani
Nov 21, 2014 Raihani rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My collection is complete! I finally have the 2nd Volume to this brilliant graphic novel and I love em to bits!

I want more! After reading the graphic novel adaptation of The Graveyard Book, now am wishing that Gaiman would do a similar thing to his other books! How amazing would that be?! It'll be nice to see how the illustrators that he works with interpret the characters. Imagination is such a wonderful thing!

Anne
Dec 29, 2015 Anne rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I read the first volume over a year ago, and I can't believe it too me so long to pick up this final installment. I haven't read the original book (it's on my TBR), but these graphic novels are incredibly illustrated and deliver an amazing story. Neil Gaiman has such a gift for inventing worlds, and I think the graphic novel format enhances his storytelling while still allowing readers' imaginations to run wild.
Dan
Dec 18, 2014 Dan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the author, but this story just didn't seem that great. I don't know whether sometimes books like this get 4star ratings because of the hype around an author or what. I think that the inconsistancy with the art was the main detraction for me in not really enjoying this book. Plus the many loop holes in the plot ...it read as a very rushed story, and perhaps the novel is different?
Juli
Apr 21, 2016 Juli rated it really liked it
This was amazing. I loved the story. And the illustrations were beautiful. I'm definitely a Gaiman fan.

See my blog (spoilers!) here: https://ichleseblog.wordpress.com/201....
Daniel
Feb 15, 2015 Daniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh lordy, waves of goosebumps and blubberings descended upon me like some tropical illness as I edged closer to the end of this book. Equally as good as part one and equally as good as the original book. Awesome.
Britt
Nov 06, 2015 Britt rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy the second half as much of the first, but that may be due to the lag between reading the first and second volumes. Overall, though, it was an enjoyable read! First and second part together would definitely be 4 stars.
David Schwan
Jan 02, 2015 David Schwan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fitting conclusion to the set. Bod learns about the man who killed his family, he has confrontations with his guardian and he learns more about life from the occupants of the cemetery. Great graphics.
Kifflie
Oct 21, 2014 Kifflie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youth-sf-fantasy
I enjoyed part two of this adaptation just as much as I did part one. The artwork is magnificent. I need to buy these for my own collection at some point. Marvelous, marvelous work.
Rizal
Aug 03, 2015 Rizal rated it it was amazing
The ending... I cant... How I wish it to be different but it was still good. Im so happy and sad for Bod right now, mostly sad.
  • The Nameless City
  • Hilda and the Black Hound
  • Rutabaga the Adventure Chef: Book 1
  • Courtney Crumrin: The Final Spell (Courtney Crumrin, #6)
  • The King's Dragon (Three Thieves, #4)
  • The Cabinet of Curiosities: 36 Tales Brief
  • Fables: The Deluxe Edition, Book Nine
  • Spera, Volume 1
  • 47 Ronin
  • Welcome to Tranquility, Vol. 1

The Graveyard Book (2 books)
  • The Graveyard Book Volume 1