Dear Jane Letters

Dear Jane Letters

3.23 of 5 stars 3.23  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Dear Jane Letters is a light-hearted look into the life of Raina Lane, author of a local advice column titled Dear Jane. Raina has a close family who loves and entertains her at every encounter. She lives with her best friend, Vicki, who is about to get married and is anxious to see Raina paired up as well. She looks for romance between Raina and just about anyone with who...more
Published July 1st 2007 by Lulu.com

Alisa
Cute, fun, clean read! I have started several books in a row that I haven't finished because of unexpected content and/or complete boredom! So it was fun to actually read an entire book and enjoy it!

Raina is a hopeless romantic who is pretty clueless about guys in real life (I totally related to her!). She has a roommate, Vicki who is engaged and planning her wedding. But Vicki is never too busy to meddle in Raina's love life. Raina meets Todd on a blind date set up by her sister. Then Steve, an...more
Karen Baney
Several parts of the story were very slow and overly detailed about things that did not advance the story line or give more insight into the main character. The idea was good and probably would have been a better story with Steve's point of view. I also doubt that the main character thought of her parents as "Mr. and Mrs. Lane."
melydia
This is more or less the story of Raina, a recent college graduate who resists looking for love until it finds her. I admit I would not have picked this book up had I judged it purely on the basis of the back cover blurb. And while it could have used a little tightening here and there, overall it was a good read. The dialogue was especially good; I could hear all the voices in my head. There were a few bits that felt curiously omitted (Dan never said "trippin'", Vicki's maiden name was never men...more
Amy
I enjoyed this book, a sweet story about the writer of the Dear Jane column, Raina Lane -her family, her friends, her love life- with a nice happily-ever-after ending that made me want to hurl. I also enjoyed the sampling of Dear Jane letters. Overall, a very amusing and surprisingly unputdownable read.
Mary
This was another free book I got on my Kindle, and it was a cute, easy to read "chick-lit" book. I like what the author did in the epilogue. So many times a book will have a happy ending but not explain how it all turns out. This author did that, and I loved that.
A.B. Shepherd
Picked this one up because I was intrigued by the story of the life of an "Agony Aunt". The story itself was ok and it was kind of a cute, if slightly immature, young romance. It just didn't have any zing for me.
Melissa
I got so into this book, It was very cute and wonderful to read. She really puts you into her life.
Kelly
Slightly predictable story, but it has some really funny scenes. Fun read from a local writer.
Cici
Very awkward! And soooo slow! The writing is more of a train of thought!
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I found this to be a cute, fun, light read. Great for summertime.
Wendy
Well written, just not my favorite genre.
Heather Flaigg
Heather Flaigg marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Julie Dunagan
Julie Dunagan marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Kris Tina
Kris Tina marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
Angieleigh
Angieleigh marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 18, 2013
Maggie
Maggie added it
Nov 10, 2012
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2012
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Lyndsey Crawford
Lyndsey Crawford marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2012
Kate
Kate added it
Sep 05, 2012
Bree
Bree marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2012
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Amanda Hamm has released at least twenty books in various genres. She uses a pen name for some of her books. She has her reasons.

2014 welcomes Amanda's first series, the Stories From Hartford. There are four books in this series because that's a good number.
More about Amanda Hamm...
The 4th Floor Lounge Meet Cute: 5 Romantic Short Stories Andrew's Key (Stories From Hartford #1) Weathering Evan Jealousy & Yams (Stories From Hartford #2)