Start by marking “Dear Jane Letters” as Want to Read:
Dear Jane Letters

Dear Jane Letters

Dear Jane Letters is a light-hearted look into the life of Raina Lane, author of a local advice column titled Dear Jane. Raina has a close family who loves and entertains her at every encounter. She lives with her best friend, Vicki, who is about to get married and is anxious to see Raina paired up as well. She looks for romance between Raina and just about anyone with who ...more
Published July 23rd 2007 by (first published July 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dear Jane Letters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Jane Letters

Mar 04, 2014 Alisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, fun, clean read! I have started several books in a row that I haven't finished because of unexpected content and/or complete boredom! So it was fun to actually read an entire book and enjoy it!

Raina is a hopeless romantic who is pretty clueless about guys in real life (I totally related to her!). She has a roommate, Vicki who is engaged and planning her wedding. But Vicki is never too busy to meddle in Raina's love life. Raina meets Todd on a blind date set up by her sister. Then Steve, an
Karen Baney
Several parts of the story were very slow and overly detailed about things that did not advance the story line or give more insight into the main character. The idea was good and probably would have been a better story with Steve's point of view. I also doubt that the main character thought of her parents as "Mr. and Mrs. Lane."
Jun 23, 2008 melydia rated it really liked it
This is more or less the story of Raina, a recent college graduate who resists looking for love until it finds her. I admit I would not have picked this book up had I judged it purely on the basis of the back cover blurb. And while it could have used a little tightening here and there, overall it was a good read. The dialogue was especially good; I could hear all the voices in my head. There were a few bits that felt curiously omitted (Dan never said "trippin'", Vicki's maiden name was never men ...more
Sep 09, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, a sweet story about the writer of the Dear Jane column, Raina Lane -her family, her friends, her love life- with a nice happily-ever-after ending that made me want to hurl. I also enjoyed the sampling of Dear Jane letters. Overall, a very amusing and surprisingly unputdownable read.
Jun 10, 2011 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-freebie
This was another free book I got on my Kindle, and it was a cute, easy to read "chick-lit" book. I like what the author did in the epilogue. So many times a book will have a happy ending but not explain how it all turns out. This author did that, and I loved that.
A.B. Shepherd
Jul 15, 2012 A.B. Shepherd rated it it was ok
Picked this one up because I was intrigued by the story of the life of an "Agony Aunt". The story itself was ok and it was kind of a cute, if slightly immature, young romance. It just didn't have any zing for me.
May 31, 2010 Melissa rated it liked it
I got so into this book, It was very cute and wonderful to read. She really puts you into her life.
May 05, 2008 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: 2008, bc2008
Slightly predictable story, but it has some really funny scenes. Fun read from a local writer.
Dec 14, 2013 Cici rated it it was ok
Very awkward! And soooo slow! The writing is more of a train of thought!
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jun 19, 2011 Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) rated it really liked it
I found this to be a cute, fun, light read. Great for summertime.
Dec 31, 2008 Wendy rated it it was ok
Well written, just not my favorite genre.
Sinead is currently reading it
Apr 02, 2016
Kristina Hammock
Kristina Hammock marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Laurie Vesper
Laurie Vesper marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Rachael Dorothy
Rachael Dorothy rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Kathy Greene
Kathy Greene rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2015
Lindsey Albrektson
Lindsey Albrektson marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Queenberly rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Kristina marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Jodei oltman
Jodei oltman rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2015
Carol marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Emily Griffin
Emily Griffin marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Aleta added it
Jul 31, 2014
Heather Flaigg
Heather Flaigg marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Juliet rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2014
Jeni rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2014
Julie Dunagan
Julie Dunagan marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014