Start by marking “Dear Jane Letters” as Want to Read:
Dear Jane Letters

Dear Jane Letters

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Dear Jane Letters is a light-hearted look into the life of Raina Lane, author of a local advice column titled Dear Jane. Raina has a close family who loves and entertains her at every encounter. She lives with her best friend, Vicki, who is about to get married and is anxious to see Raina paired up as well. She looks for romance between Raina and just about anyone with who ...more
Published July 1st 2007 by

To ask other readers questions about Dear Jane Letters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Jane Letters

Cute, fun, clean read! I have started several books in a row that I haven't finished because of unexpected content and/or complete boredom! So it was fun to actually read an entire book and enjoy it!

Raina is a hopeless romantic who is pretty clueless about guys in real life (I totally related to her!). She has a roommate, Vicki who is engaged and planning her wedding. But Vicki is never too busy to meddle in Raina's love life. Raina meets Todd on a blind date set up by her sister. Then Steve, an
Karen Baney
Several parts of the story were very slow and overly detailed about things that did not advance the story line or give more insight into the main character. The idea was good and probably would have been a better story with Steve's point of view. I also doubt that the main character thought of her parents as "Mr. and Mrs. Lane."
This is more or less the story of Raina, a recent college graduate who resists looking for love until it finds her. I admit I would not have picked this book up had I judged it purely on the basis of the back cover blurb. And while it could have used a little tightening here and there, overall it was a good read. The dialogue was especially good; I could hear all the voices in my head. There were a few bits that felt curiously omitted (Dan never said "trippin'", Vicki's maiden name was never men ...more
I enjoyed this book, a sweet story about the writer of the Dear Jane column, Raina Lane -her family, her friends, her love life- with a nice happily-ever-after ending that made me want to hurl. I also enjoyed the sampling of Dear Jane letters. Overall, a very amusing and surprisingly unputdownable read.
This was another free book I got on my Kindle, and it was a cute, easy to read "chick-lit" book. I like what the author did in the epilogue. So many times a book will have a happy ending but not explain how it all turns out. This author did that, and I loved that.
A.B. Shepherd
Picked this one up because I was intrigued by the story of the life of an "Agony Aunt". The story itself was ok and it was kind of a cute, if slightly immature, young romance. It just didn't have any zing for me.
I got so into this book, It was very cute and wonderful to read. She really puts you into her life.
Slightly predictable story, but it has some really funny scenes. Fun read from a local writer.
Very awkward! And soooo slow! The writing is more of a train of thought!
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I found this to be a cute, fun, light read. Great for summertime.
Well written, just not my favorite genre.
Lindsey Albrektson
Lindsey Albrektson marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Kristina marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Carol Judge
Carol Judge marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Emily Griffin
Emily Griffin marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Aleta added it
Jul 31, 2014
Heather Flaigg
Heather Flaigg marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Julie Dunagan
Julie Dunagan marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Kris Tina
Kris Tina marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
Angieleigh marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 18, 2013
Maggie added it
Nov 10, 2012
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2012