Start by marking “Sisters And Husbands” as Want to Read:
Sisters And Husbands

Sisters And Husbands

Beautiful Anna Lawrence, with a successful career in broadcasting and marriage to a wealthy man with a luxurious country home, has everything a thirty-two year old could wish for. Until she finds herself unexpectedly pregnant, too late to do anything about it. Her sister Becky longs for children but her husband, a struggling chef, has told her they have to put family life ...more
Published 2002 by Hodder and Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about Sisters And Husbands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sisters And Husbands

Michele
Aug 14, 2008 Michele rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I had a hard time geting a copy of this so perhaps that partly accounts for how much I enjoyed it once it finally came into my hands. Two times it was requested on Book Mooch & cancelled after being accepted. Two times it was requested on Paperback Swap & cancelled after being accepted. It wasn't available on ILL, either, so I'd about given up when someone on PBS finally came though.

This is a detailed, satisfying British Aga saga about two sisters, who seem to have nothing in common &am
Sue
Aug 28, 2008 Sue rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, read-2008
Two sisters: Becky and Anna. Becky's husband Joe is struggling to become a restaurant owner; Anna's husband David is semi-retired, having become very wealthy. Unexpected events trigger memories from the past, and new discoveries about themselves.

Character-driven, very well-written and quite moving in places. Enjoyable light fiction with some thought-provoking themes.
Emma Long
Nov 28, 2011 Emma Long rated it really liked it
It took me a while to get into the book and even towards the end sometimes lost track of some of the characters. By the second half of the book I couldn`t put it down and wanted to see what happened at the end. I was a little disappointed with the ending didn`t wrap the book up as much as I hoped. ...more
Mona Dueck
Story of 2 sisters with a complicated history and relationship. Both sisters are going through some major changes with their husbands and their lives. Describes very well the complications of family relationships.
Karschtl
Jan 12, 2013 Karschtl rated it liked it
More of a drama than chick-lit, this book was average but readable and interesting enough. Two sisters, one seems to have it all and the other still struggling to achieve something in her career and her marriage, undergo some changes in their lives during a year.
Rosamund Miller
Jun 19, 2013 Rosamund Miller rated it really liked it
I love Amanda Brookfield she gets down to real life and makes it just what it is very enjoyable reading.
Ola
Ola rated it it was ok
Aug 21, 2016
Daisy Steel
Daisy Steel rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Jule
Jule rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Jane
Jane rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2011
Trina Hollis
Trina Hollis rated it liked it
May 22, 2012
Laura rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014
Rachel Postma-drenthen
Rachel Postma-drenthen rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2014
Jude
Jude rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Jacqui
Jacqui rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2008
Jane Corkill
Jane Corkill rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2013
Judith
Judith rated it it was ok
Apr 26, 2014
Vered
Vered rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2012
Karen Rapley
Karen Rapley rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2015
Nina Moisa
Nina Moisa rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2012
Sue Wright
Sue Wright rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2013
Alie
Alie rated it did not like it
Sep 04, 2012
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2010
Sarah rated it it was ok
Mar 22, 2011
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Ruth Johnstone
Ruth Johnstone rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2014
I have two elder sisters and a twin brother who is much quieter than me and with much longer legs. Our Dad was in the Foreign Office so we spent our childhood living in far-flung places like Shanghai and Stockholm. In fact, until the age of 32 I had never spent more than 3 years under the same roof...it's left me with the opposite of 'itchy feet'.
I fell in love with writing aged 11 when my class w
More about Amanda Brookfield...